Steven Wilson's Third Solo Album

ColdFireYYZ

I really want this but with shipping its close to $100. I like the GFD deluxe edition but I'm not sure if this is worth it.

I was very hesitant on this one, I waited a few hours to see if Steven updated on possibly making it available at Newbury Comics, but I ended up taking the plunge and pre-ordered it a few minutes ago. However, on second thought, I'm having somewhat of a buyer's remorse over it. I recalled that shipping was $10 for the GFD deluxe edition via Newbury and that costed $90. This cost $65 and if he were to make it available to pre-order via Newbury, I would've paid $75 instead of close to $100. I could always cancel my order, but I'm not going to do that unless he manages to get a deal with Newbury. On the other hand, it's probably going to be worth my money, and if it's like the GFD deluxe edition, I'm happy.

I think I'm going to hold off and go with the regular edition. I'm getting the Cover Versions boxset for Christmas and I'm happy with that.

I wonder what the unused idea, "The Clock Song" will be all about? :banana: :NP: :d13:

It will be about Clockwork Angels! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

:LOL:

It could be! Wilson is a big time RUSH fanatic!

:haz:

Haha! It wouldn't surprise me at all!! When will Steven Wilson produce a Rush record? He's probably licking his chops!

I really want this but with shipping its close to $100. I like the GFD deluxe edition but I'm not sure if this is worth it.

I was very hesitant on this one, I waited a few hours to see if Steven updated on possibly making it available at Newbury Comics, but I ended up taking the plunge and pre-ordered it a few minutes ago. However, on second thought, I'm having somewhat of a buyer's remorse over it. I recalled that shipping was $10 for the GFD deluxe edition via Newbury and that costed $90. This cost $65 and if he were to make it available to pre-order via Newbury, I would've paid $75 instead of close to $100. I could always cancel my order, but I'm not going to do that unless he manages to get a deal with Newbury. On the other hand, it's probably going to be worth my money, and if it's like the GFD deluxe edition, I'm happy.

I think I'm going to hold off and go with the regular edition. I'm getting the Cover Versions boxset for Christmas and I'm happy with that.

I have the Covers Box. It's great! I just picked up the IEM Box! FUKKING INCREDIBLE!

I have the Covers Box. It's great! I just picked up the IEM Box! FUKKING INCREDIBLE!

Aren't both the IEM Box and Cover Versions boxset long out of print though? I know the IEM Box can be bought via download, but with the Covers Box unless it's from auction site like eBay, I was under the impression that box set (and the IEM one too actually) was sold out on the Burning Shed site for two years.

I wonder what the unused idea, "The Clock Song" will be all about? :banana: :NP: :d13:

It will be about Clockwork Angels! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

:LOL:

It could be! Wilson is a big time RUSH fanatic!

:haz:

Haha! It wouldn't surprise me at all!! When will Steven Wilson produce a Rush record? He's probably licking his chops!

He should have produced CWA, as much as I loved the album CWA sound like you're listening to it through a brick wall.... That would not happen with SW at the helm

Edited by The Owl
  • Like 1

Aren't both the IEM Box and Cover Versions boxset long out of print though? I know the IEM Box can be bought via download, but with the Covers Box unless it's from auction site like eBay, I was under the impression that box set (and the IEM one too actually) was sold out on the Burning Shed site for two years.

I found the Cover Versions on eBay. I can't open it until Christmas and the wait is killing me!

I found the Cover Versions on eBay. I can't open it until Christmas and the wait is killing me!

Nice amigo! It will be worth the wait!

This 3'rd solo album will be epic. Don't care if he leaves PT in the dust. No matter what he does is stellar.

I agree! I've seen PT a ton! He seemed bored on the last tour! Steven is a progressive chameleon who never sleeps.

He will evolve, create and conquer.

HE RULES!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I gave in and decided to order the limited edition today. It went up in price already!! I'm sure it'll be worth it though. Hopefully there will be another NYC signing during the next tour so I can get him to autograph it.

I knew you would cave in!

I just got an album produced and mixed by Steven Wilson by Orphaned Land sounds great...

:D-13:

Is it The Never Ending Way of ORWarrior? That's a pretty good abum and great sound quality as expected.

Yeah, that's the one.

That is one fantastic album, one of my favorites. :yes:

I just got an album produced and mixed by Steven Wilson by Orphaned Land sounds great...

:D-13:

Is it The Never Ending Way of ORWarrior? That's a pretty good abum and great sound quality as expected.

Yeah, that's the one.

That is one fantastic album, one of my favorites. :yes:

:haz: :cheers:

This 3'rd solo album will be epic. Don't care if he leaves PT in the dust. No matter what he does is stellar.

I agree! I've seen PT a ton! He seemed bored on the last tour! Steven is a progressive chameleon who never sleeps.

HE RULES!

See, I think the complete opposite! I don't really like Steven Wilson's solo projects. Insurgents was stellar though but Grace For Drowning wasn't as good. So I give his solo project a 65%. I will at least listen to the new album and try and enjoy it, but I REALLY love Porcupine Tree. I REALLY don't want them to split.

HE RULES!

See, I think the complete opposite! I don't really like Steven Wilson's solo projects. Insurgents was stellar though but Grace For Drowning wasn't as good. So I give his solo project a 65%. I will at least listen to the new album and try and enjoy it, but I REALLY love Porcupine Tree. I REALLY don't want them to split.

I much prefer GFD over Insurgentes and the Raven album will be great too, especially with Guthrie Govan involved! :haz:

Got the Cover Versions boxset today!!!

The originals, especially The Unquiet Grave and An End to End, are incredible, and the covers are great as well. I don't mind ABBA but I couldn't picture SW covering them. It actually worked and sounded really good. The Prince cover was surprisingly excellent as well.

HE RULES!

I much prefer GFD over Insurgentes and the Raven album will be great too, especially with Guthrie Govan involved! :haz:

I'll have to check in on Grace For Drowning again sometime...

HE RULES!

I'm the same way. Aside for a song or three from each album, I'm not much into his solo work. I much prefer both PT and Blackfield quite honestly.

HE RULES!

I'm the same way. Aside for a song or three from each album, I'm not much into his solo work. I much prefer both PT and Blackfield quite honestly.

PT all the way, thanks very much... :hi: PD.