Steven Wilson's Third Solo Album

ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 14 2012, 02:58 AM)
The sooner it comes out and he tours it the better the chance we will get some new PT before I'm 70...

PT is finished Tony and you're well over 75 by now...

tongue.gif

Let the Wilson solo career live long and prosper!

The needs of the Wilson outweigh the needs of the Porkies...

biggrin.gif

Jesus Christ not another solo album by Steven. You mean it will be his "turd album?"

The arrogant prick pulls the plug on Porcupine Tree yet we are all supposed to hold hands under a redwood tree and embrace his newest album?

I'm actually getting tired of Steven Wilson.

A genius with a small progressive rock penis.

Arrogance and Ignorance will destroy this nerd.

Yet at the end of the day I will still buy his shite.

Will Gavin Harrison be on the new album?

I would rather buy a new Blackfield record.

"What a f*cked up generation."

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2012, 09:28 AM)
The sooner it comes out and he tours it the better the chance we will get some new PT before I'm 70...

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

It's spreading to the streets! It all kicked off recently between PT fans and SW Solo fans:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/c4d45d5a.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 14 2012, 03:51 AM)

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

It's spreading to the streets! It all kicked off recently between PT fans and SW Solo fans:

Which ones are the Mods and which ones are the rockers though? Or is it more Rocking Chair Jockeys versus Polygrippers...?

ohmy.gif

Really looking forward to what is sure to be another fantastic album

.....not looking forward to yet another wallet draining ultimate blu ray/extra cd/pop up book/ and blow job machine that SW seems to put out on every single release he does.... dont get me wrong its awesome that he puts these out there, but seriously my bank account cannot take any more!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2012, 04:39 AM)
Jesus Christ not another solo album by Steven.  You mean it will be his "turd album?"

The arrogant prick pulls the plug on Porcupine Tree yet we are all supposed to hold hands under a redwood tree and embrace his newest album?

He said there will defininitly be another Porcupine Tree album and they haven't broken up. If PT did break up why wouldn't he just say so? He already said that he's no longer going to be working with Blackfield. And how's he arrogant for making the music he wants to make? I'd rather have an inspired solo album than an uninspired Porcupine Tree album.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 14 2012, 04:51 AM)

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 14 2012, 03:58 AM)

goodpost.gif

And maybe we can get another like In Absentia.

Nah, he's drained his creativity and that was during his upswing towards Progressive Metal.

(Still trying to get into his latest, but it is painful.)

Jesus Christ not another solo album by Steven. You mean it will be his "turd album?"

Holy shit Head of Rush in triple 6 mode!

That was funny...his turd album. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 12:23 PM)
Jesus Christ not another solo album by Steven.  You mean it will be his "turd album?"

Holy shit Head of Rush in triple 6 mode!

That was funny...his turd album. rofl3.gif

Someone's on crack lol. I mean, yeah, it was funny, but let's not bust a nut here.

Honestly, anything SW releases is going to be purchased by me regardless of if it's a solo album or PT's next. Still, I want to see PT on tour. I haven't seen them yet, so if I can even get a half-assed PT album (which will still be better than a lot of stuff out there) and see them on tour, I'll be happy as hell.

Well, let him do what he wants then. After listening to Luminol a few times, I'm quite impressed. However, it sounds a bit dated and rough around the edges. Obviously this will be fixed, but the overall impression is good. I think basing the concept of the album around old Victorian ghost stories (which, in my opinion, is a great subject) is pretty interesting. What I'm more concerned about is if this new album is basically going to be Grace for Drowning Part 2? Is it going to be a lengthy double album or will it be a simple 40 to 90 minute collection of songs?

On the topic of Porcupine Tree: I think we need to just let them go their own way for a bit. Obviously Steven is in a major creative mode that focuses on his solo efforts along with Gavin, Richard, and Colin. It's good that they can spend that time away from each other and do their own thing. More than likely it'll be good for the next Porcupine Tree album because we'll hear a good mix of what the guys are doing on their own. It could be good or it could be bad, but we don't know. There's also no point in saying that the plug has been pulled on the band, because we would have known by now if it was over.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jun 14 2012, 02:30 PM)
Well, let him do what he wants then. After listening to Luminol a few times, I'm quite impressed. However, it sounds a bit dated and rough around the edges. Obviously this will be fixed, but the overall impression is good. I think basing the concept of the album around old Victorian ghost stories (which, in my opinion, is a great subject) is pretty interesting. What I'm more concerned about is if this new album is basically going to be Grace for Drowning Part 2? Is it going to be a lengthy double album or will it be a simple 40 to 90 minute collection of songs?

On the topic of Porcupine Tree: I think we need to just let them go their own way for a bit. Obviously Steven is in a major creative mode that focuses on his solo efforts along with Gavin, Richard, and Colin. It's good that they can spend that time away from each other and do their own thing. More than likely it'll be good for the next Porcupine Tree album because we'll hear a good mix of what the guys are doing on their own. It could be good or it could be bad, but we don't know. There's also no point in saying that the plug has been pulled on the band, because we would have known by now if it was over.

goodpost.gif