Turned down a chance to meet Geddy and Alex

Syrinx

My son would have been pissed if I didn't go to meet the boys. He knows how big a fan I am, and he is also a fan. Glad it was a decision I didn't have to make!

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jun 11 2012, 02:59 PM)
Yep can't believe I did it. I won a contest to go to a private Q&A later this afternoon with Geddy and Alex for the "unveiling" of CA. Several reasons, the first being my son is pitching in his baseball game tonight and i didn't want to miss it. I have also met them before and it would have been a struggle to get from work to downtown Toronto in time. But I still can't believe I turned it down. And no I couldn't have given the invite away or I would have. Am I nuts?

The chance of meeting Geddy and Alex wouldn't hold a candle to being able to watch your son pitch a ballgame. It's a no brainer.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 11 2012, 05:51 PM)
If Geddy was half the baseball fan he claims to be, he would have rescheduled the Q&A and joined you at your son's game.  tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

Cute.

I liked that line too! laugh.gif

(In my fantasy world, Geddy will show up to the game and ask, "Sorry you couldn't make it. What was your question?")

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jun 12 2012, 04:59 AM)
Yep can't believe I did it. I won a contest to go to a private Q&A later this afternoon with Geddy and Alex for the "unveiling" of CA. Several reasons, the first being my son is pitching in his baseball game tonight and i didn't want to miss it. I have also met them before and it would have been a struggle to get from work to downtown Toronto in time. But I still can't believe I turned it down. And no I couldn't have given the invite away or I would have. Am I nuts?

If you hadn't met them before would you still have skipped the unveiling?

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jun 11 2012, 03:59 PM)
Yep can't believe I did it.  I won a contest to go to a private Q&A later this afternoon with Geddy and Alex for the "unveiling" of CA.  Several reasons, the first being my son is pitching in his baseball game tonight and i didn't want to miss it.  I have also met them before and it would have been a struggle to get from work to downtown Toronto in time.  But I still can't believe I turned it down.  And no I couldn't have given the invite away or I would have.  Am I nuts?

This all depends. Was it his first baseball game he pitched? How old is he? Having a son who has been a goalie for 6 years now, and I am extremely proud of him, missing one game would not be a big deal for him or me. I have had to miss other games he's played due to commitments. If I had the chance to meet Rush, he would be bummed he couldn't go and would skip his game to meet them. Unless this game was extremely important to him, I would have met the Rush.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 12 2012, 05:32 PM)

My son would have been pissed if I didn't go to meet the boys.  He knows how big a fan I am, and he is also a fan.  Glad it was a decision I didn't have to make!

That is one unselfish child right there! You brought him up right. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jun 11 2012, 12:59 PM)

You made the right choice.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jun 11 2012, 12:59 PM)

yeah you are way nuts!!!!!!! Thats what video cameras are for and there will be several more times to see your son.

Weird story...

So I knew someone who had some connections that " might " have been able to get me to the meet and greet, but it fell through. Oh well... wasn't meant to be.

Tonight, my wife asked if I'd pick her up from work downtown...which wasn't our original plan. Perhaps we'd grab a bite? Might be a nice treat. As we left her work and drove along, she suddenly shouted.

" Isn't that the guitarist from Rush? "

Sure enough, it was Alex.

We grabbed ourselves some dinner with Big Al seated just two tables over and across from us. I couldn't imagine interupting anyone's dinner, so my wife and I quietly dined on some amazing food for a couple of hours and had a wonderful night out. Before long, there were only a handful of tables left and Big Al sat alone as his dinner guest excused himself.

Sitting on his own, it seemed like an approriate time to wander over, apologize for the interuption, shake his hand, and thank him for yet another incredible album. Big Al couldn't have been more gracious or kinder. A real gentleman.

He even let my wife take a pic of the two of us....

Thanks Lerxt..... You're one of a kind!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 14 2012, 12:53 PM)
Weird story...

So I knew someone who had some connections that " might " have been able to get me to the meet and greet, but it fell through. Oh well... wasn't meant to be.

Tonight, my wife asked if I'd pick her up from work downtown...which wasn't our original plan. Perhaps we'd grab a bite? Might be a nice treat. As we left her work and drove along, she suddenly shouted.

" Isn't that the guitarist from Rush? "

Sure enough, it was Alex.

We grabbed ourselves some dinner with Big Al seated just two tables over and across from us. I couldn't imagine interupting anyone's dinner, so my wife and I quietly dined on some amazing food for a couple of hours and had a wonderful night out. Before long, there were only a handful of tables left and Big Al sat alone as his dinner guest excused himself.

Sitting on his own, it seemed like an approriate time to wander over, apologize for the interuption, shake his hand, and thank him for yet another incredible album. Big Al couldn't have been more gracious or kinder. A real gentleman.

He even let my wife take a pic of the two of us....

Thanks Lerxt..... You're one of a kind!

That's pretty cool. Now, cough up the photos. 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 11 2012, 03:53 PM)
Hmmmm... your son pitching in his baseball game versus meeting a couple of aging, artistically-spent musicians? Seems like a no-brainer, but well-done nonetheless!

Last I checked this was a Rush fan forum wacko.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 17 2012, 09:11 PM)
Trying to find a way to " attach " photo's in here...

Help?

Go to imgur.com, select the pic from your hard drive and upload it there, then copy the link that says BBCode (message board & forums)

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:53 PM)
Hmmmm... your son pitching in his baseball game versus meeting a couple of aging, artistically-spent musicians? Seems like a no-brainer, but well-done nonetheless!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 11 2012, 03:10 PM)
Watching your son pitching in his baseball game is so much more important than possibly meeting Alex and Geddy at the Q&A.

I applaud your decision...a great Rush fan with a great sense of priority.

~Cheers, RGLT
trink39.gif

I agree! trink39.gif yes.gif common001.gif yes.gif

My son and I would have ditched the baseball game. If I couldn't have taken him in with me, I would have let him go himself. He's a fan and hasn't had the opportunity to meet them yet. wink.gif

It still would have been a "family" outing! tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 11 2012, 09:10 PM)
Watching your son pitching in his baseball game is so much more important than possibly meeting Alex and Geddy at the Q&A.

I applaud your decision...a great Rush fan with a great sense of priority.

~Cheers, RGLT
trink39.gif

goodpost.gif