WHICH album do you hear most of all in CA?

Presto-digitation

I know, it's its own thing, it sounds a bit like this one, that one, and entirely new things...and thank GOD for all of that. I get it. But play along and tell me, if asked by someone who'd avoided all things CA to this point, WHICH Rush record it most resembles in terms of writing style.

Pick only one, even if you feel MANY historic reference points. Sounds most like:

Edited by Presto-digitation

Cannot believe I am saying this, because it is one of my least favorite albums of theirs, but I think I am going to have to go with Vapor Trails.

It is similar with power and feel and sonic texture...

Kind of like maybe what they were trying to do with Vapor Trails, but they got it right this time. I absolutely love Clockwork Angels. Definitely in my top 10 of Rush's catalog.....

I hear the power of CP but writing ideas similar to S&A and TFE. I hear moments of VT from the aggressive point. I do not hear anything from the old days, but I am reminded that if they recorded using the old equipment and instruments, that could be very different. This is what makes it tough to pinpoint. I would do my own mixing a bit different as well. Alex would be more out front in many spots because all I hear is Ged and Neil.

Edit: Yes, I know I digressed. Sorry. I will go with S&A though.

Edited by Gompers

If this is an option, I'm going with My Favourite Headache!

I've only had one less than optimal listen, but I hear a lot of CoS. Not so much literally, although some. But more in the spirit of CoS. The adventurousness, the pushing of boundaries. It's almost like they decided all these years later to avenge CoS.

Interesting thread. It really feels like CA is something totally new. If I had to choose I'd go with Vapor Trails, but really that doesn't feel very accurate.

My second thought is that it has a lot of the same raw, rocking energy as Hemispheres. Lots of intense, rhythmic passages that still have a strong melody.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 5 2012, 08:50 PM)
Sounds like: Test For Echo

Love it smile.gif

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dude, you're bringin' me down.

tongue.gif