Post in this thread if you will NOT be

Rush Cocky

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 5 2012, 02:03 AM)
I'm in the middle of the river. I found the mp3s last night, I checked if they were the real thing, then stop.
I know that if I put them on a USB I'm going to listen to death, so they're still on my pc.

MAYBE tonight I will try a couple songs.

99% I'll have my regular CD this friday... but if not, I think I'll listen to the demon in me laugh.gif

Good luck man! I can't wait to hear a great quality version myself. 1022.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmh... I think I'm going to listen to 3 songs every night, and only that 3...

I couldn't do it with the CD, because I WANT to listen to it, but I can do it with this version.

Being that, in my opinion, the best way to play the whole CA live is 3 by 3, I'll see how it is... or how it ought to be wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 5 2012, 12:19 AM)
Mmh... I think I'm going to listen to 3 songs every night, and only that 3...
I couldn't do it with the CD, because I WANT to listen to it, but I can do it with this version.
Being that, in my opinion, the best way to play the whole CA live is 3 by 3, I'll see how it is... or how it ought to be wink.gif

I see what you did there! laugh.gif

And whoa, you have the Power Windows man in your avatar AND your badge! ohmy.gif Awesome!

PoW is my favourite Rush cover. I emailed Hugh Syme about it sometime ago, it's also his favourite. It reminds him of something that is also in my heart and memory, so this cover will be forever my top one.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 5 2012, 12:56 AM)
PoW is my favourite Rush cover. I emailed Hugh Syme about it sometime ago, it's also his favourite. It reminds him of something that is also in my heart and memory, so this cover will be forever my top one.

trink39.gif It's a great cover. Great album too. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 4 2012, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 4 2012, 05:16 PM)
I guess the album was leaked or released?

No, it's just a rumor. People are reviewing the rumors.

Well there have been many "what do you think this song will sound like?" type threads so although you're being sarcastic, you're not altogether inaccurate in what you're saying.

I refuse to listen to any leaks and in fact, I haven't listened to the two singles except when they played them in concert. And I wish they hadn't done that.

Call me old fashioned but I like to listen to an album for the first time in its proper sequence and hearing all the songs for the first time at the same time. For me, hearing the two singles before the album release would have diminished that experience somehow.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Jun 5 2012, 05:10 AM)
I refuse to listen to any leaks and in fact, I haven't listened to the two singles except when they played them in concert. And I wish they hadn't done that.

Call me old fashioned but I like to listen to an album for the first time in its proper sequence and hearing all the songs for the first time at the same time. For me, hearing the two singles before the album release would have diminished that experience somehow.

Rush did it with Xanadu and Tom Sawyer, among others... it's not the first time wink.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Jun 5 2012, 05:10 AM)

christ man, your patience is beyond superhuman ohmy.gif

good luck to ya fella

good luck to you

yes.gif

personally, the last couple years wouldn't have been the same without bu2b in particular and caravan

sidenote: isnt the album version of bu2b like even freakin better???

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 5 2012, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 4 2012, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 4 2012, 05:16 PM)
I guess the album was leaked or released?

No, it's just a rumor. People are reviewing the rumors.

Well there have been many "what do you think this song will sound like?" type threads so although you're being sarcastic, you're not altogether inaccurate in what you're saying.

trink39.gif

I tell ya, it's tough waiting for this album now. So much discussion on the leaked version, and so much positive feedback. It makes waiting the remaining 6 days a bigger chore now. sad.gif And then that German fan who got his fanpack! Oy! Got me a little on edge, now that the playing field isn't level anymore. But, it's great reading what the people here think about it. There's some really great reviews floating around in here.. some much better than you'd find in a Rolling Stone or other mags. Or internet (yeah I'm looking at you, Popoff). In the meantime, I can only hope that somehow I will be able to get a cd copy before Tues (my order will come early or a store starts selling early).. but I'm not counting on it.

So, rock on all you waiters. trink38.gif trink39.gif

music.gif The Clockworks Angels will come out.. on Tuesday music.gif

One of my friends, who lives north of the Polar Circle got his Fanpack copy today! angry.gif Now, how is that possible? I am glad for him though! smile.gif

It better arrive in my mailbox tomorrow!

I have only listened to the 3 songs and the walmart clips.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 5 2012, 11:35 AM)
Still waiting... 1287.gif

Same here!

Not even a clip yet.

And I'll say this - although I'm a "Rush purist" and would likely enjoy the album regardless of fan reaction - the fact that it's getting an overwhelming postive reaction, even from the most fervent haters of newer Rush, has me very, very, VERY excited

2.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 5 2012, 11:19 AM)
Though I presonally didn't listen to it, I was shocked to learn that the entire album that has been posted on YouTube is still there.

ohmy.gif

Someone Will be fired

Though I presonally didn't listen to it, I was shocked to learn that the entire album that has been posted on YouTube is still there.

ohmy.gif

Still there. And I'm still listening to it!!

biggrin.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif angry.gif sad.gif ........ ummmm yeah I buckled to my tempations...

eh.gif

QUOTE (Xanaseb @ Jun 5 2012, 12:48 PM)

ohmy.gif

Still there. And I'm still listening to it!!

biggrin.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif angry.gif sad.gif ........ ummmm yeah I buckled to my tempations...

eh.gif

GET OUT! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 4 2012, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 4 2012, 03:36 PM)
I just want to experience the real thing, you know? Hold the cd in my hands, read the booklet, listen to the album like it's supposed to sound. Also, it makes me feel bad downloading a leak. Don't know why. I can wait.

You missed the most important part. SMELLING it.

laugh.gif

New Rush albums always smell so damn great!

Used Rush Albums smell pretty interesting.

I bought Different Stages Used, lets just say the previous owner did a lot of cool10.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 4 2012, 05:01 PM)

Remember, a face palm is not a face palm, it's a boob-squeeze! facepalm.gif

HA HA!

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 4 2012, 11:45 PM)
I'm waiting.

I did a little Google searching for the leak, couldn't find it, and then decided I don't care.

Waiting can be fun! The 12th will be here soon and I'll listen then. I have a lot of music to keep me preoccupied in the meantime.

That said, I'm mostly avoiding the CA forum until then.... man, it is a madhouse in here!

Thick as Brick 2 has sufficing, but I'm get real jittery these past couple days, 1 Week to go drool1.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Jun 5 2012, 11:39 AM)
One of my friends, who lives north of the Polar Circle got his Fanpack copy today! angry.gif Now, how is that possible?

santa doesnt just lay about chillaxing for the rest of the year you know

Not me. I refuse to support pirating unless it's this kind: http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/Pirates_Beer.gif

I will quietly resist. yes.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 6 2012, 02:00 AM)
Not me. I refuse to support pirating unless it's this kind: http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/Pirates_Beer.gif

I will quietly resist. yes.gif

Or this kind...

http://i.imgur.com/PJajc.jpg