New Song Live: The Rule of 6

Looking back at previous set lists, starting with signals, it seems like 6 is the magic number. They never played less than 4 new songs, and topped out at 9 on the first leg of the S&N. (NINE!!!, jesus did they love that album.)

Anyway, assuming Caravan, BU2B, and Headlong are gimmes, what are the top picks for the other 3 new songs we want to hear live?

I'm going with the title track,

4)CA

5) The Anarchist

6) Seven Cities of Gold

With all the hype and promotion of this new album, I'm betting we're looking at a SEVEN or an EIGHT on the new song scale.

So, I'll pick The Garden and Wish Them Well as the bonus tracks.

As this may be one of the last RUSH tours, I really hope they keep it down to 6 new songs and really explore their history and give ALL the fans something to ROCK out to. Especially us old-timers (pre-1981). wink.gif

Edited by ThinkingBig

After hearing the whole thing, I hope they play the entire album in the first set. That's how much I'm digging this thing.

But limiting it... I like your choices. Caravan, BU2B, Headlong Flight, Clockwork Angels, Anarchist, Seven Cities. Throw in Wish Them Well and The Garden if they push it to 8 songs. yes.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 4 2012, 11:15 AM)
With all the hype and promotion of this new album, I'm betting we're looking at a SEVEN or an EIGHT on the new song scale.

But....But....If they do that many new songs, where will they find the time to do all of Signals with the orchestra ????

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 4 2012, 11:15 AM)

But....But....If they do that many new songs, where will they find the time to do all of Signals with the orchestra ????

z7shysterical.gif

#win

I can't pick. confused13.gif

I'd really like to hear almost every song but playing more than 8 would be overkill. Actually I think 7 is good amount and then play the rest in next tour.

If I had to pick seven best songs I would choose:

Caravan, BU2B, Carnies, The Anarchist, The Wreckers, Headlong Flight and The Garden

Edited by Flying Finn

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2012, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Jun 4 2012, 12:14 PM)
Well I have yet to hear it,  angry.gif but playing eight songs would fit the S&A trend.

they played 9 on that tour. 9 too many. facepalm.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 4 2012, 11:29 AM)
Seven Cities, Clockwork Angels, The Wreckers

I'm starting to dig The Wreckers more and more.

But if they do bring a string section, I guess The Garden is in for sure.

I'm starting to have mixed feelings about Wish Them Well... beyond the lyrical hook, not much there that stands out.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 4 2012, 12:37 PM)
Geddy said in an interview "we're looking at playing alot" on the new tour.

Does that mean NINER? S&A leg 1 nine songs?

Well, to be fair, Hope is an acoustic guitar piece that let Pratt get a drink of water after his solo...

I actually wan to hear the entire album live. It's a concpet album and I would like to have a live representation of it. After hearing the clips I don't think there is going to be a bad track in the entire album. Hence, play it all and move on from Clockwork Angels looking forward. I don't want to have to wait years to listen to it live. Do it now. Cause they don't have so many years left as they did when they recorded 2112.

But If I had to choose:

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

The Garden

I think 9 is going to be the magic number if they dont play the entire work.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 4 2012, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 4 2012, 12:37 PM)
Geddy said in an interview "we're looking at playing alot" on the new tour.

Does that mean NINER? S&A leg 1 nine songs?

Well, to be fair, Hope is an acoustic guitar piece that let Pratt get a drink of water after his solo...

goodpost.gif

Geddy said they want to play a lot of the new material, so I'm thinking 8 or so like others have mentioned.

I'd like to see at least these played:

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Since we heard Caravan and BU2B on the last tour, I could live without them (although I'd love to hear them again), which would allow them to play all of the new material except Wish Them Well and BU2B2.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jun 4 2012, 03:59 PM)
It is funny how some people complain about wanting them to play a song they've never played live, but will complain about them playing new songs they've never seen them play live. smile.gif

goodpost.gif This is "Clockwork Angels tour" not some "Wishlist tour" so i would be happy if they will play ENTIRE album. "Must be" for me are :

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

7 Cities

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2 (not likely unfortunetlly)

If they do 6 new songs I would like to hear:

1. Carnies

2. Headlong Flight

3. Bu2b (already saw it once, but I love it)

4. Halo Effect

5. 7 Cities of Gold

6. The garden

I love this album so much, that I wouldn't mind them playing it in its entirety.

1st set could be simple: start with Tom Sawyer and then do Clockwork Angels in its entirety with a shortened Headlong Flight and Wish Them Well. 65 minutes.

2nd set could be mostly classic stuff, with only one song from VT and one from Snakes and Arrows.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Jun 4 2012, 06:57 PM)
1st set could be simple: start with Tom Sawyer and then do Clockwork Angels in its entirety with a shortened Headlong Flight and Wish Them Well. 65 minutes.

2nd set could be mostly classic stuff, with only one song from VT and one from Snakes and Arrows.

That works, but why Tom Sawyer to open? Caravan works as an opener, and they can just do the whole album. Leave Tom Sawyer for the opening of the second set, I'm thinking...

I wouldn't mind 2-3 from VT, but yeah, one from VT and one from SNA would be good. Definitely time to back off SNA a little bit.