The Truth about Subway?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 28 2012, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2012, 10:37 AM)
wacko.gif

What the hell is wrong with Subway?!?

Man...they must stink in the States, because the Subway's I've been to here in Canada are great.

I don't eat out often, and I almost never eat any fast food, but if I eat any 'fast food', it's always Subs.

Make note: Never go to Subway in the USA.

I think each one is a bit different and quality can be affected greatly by the employees since there is not a lot of supervision. Interesting that there are complaints about the bread since it baked in the restaurant every day, not shipped in.

Yeah...I think it's interesting that the bread is part of people's complaints because it always tastes fresh and amazing at the stores I go to. It's one of the reasons I love going to Subway.

I guess it truly just comes down to the individual stores, and who's working there. Subs are my only 'fast food' choice...I usually never go anywhere else.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of Delis, there is only Katz in NY. Everything else is a sandwich shop.

Jersey Mike's is better.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 28 2012, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 28 2012, 10:57 AM)
Comparing Subway to Quizno's or Firehouse Subs is like comparing Bieber to Rush.

laugh.gif So true. Quizno's is 1000x better than Subway. Never heard of Firehouse Subs, though....

This. I'll eat Subway, but would much rather hava Quiznos.

I like how Subway always tries to shove it down our throats what a healthy way it is to go to eat it every day. Yeah, it's probably more healthy than your typical fast food crap, but that much bread is far from healthy. I used to eat subway or togo's or quizno's or deli about every day and I was pre-diabetic. I cut out most breads and pastas and it went back to normal and I've lost about 12 pounds.

I think people need to be careful with these "healthy alternatives"

The two Subways in town here are worlds apart. The one my boyfriend and I go to is clean and the food is fresh, probably because they're busy and there's a fast turnover. You have to be tolerant of the appearance of the two girls who run it - one has pink hair and the other has enough piercings to set off a metal detector - but if you are, no problem.

The other one is not as clean, fresh, or busy, doesn't have seafood salad, doesn't take coupons or give you as many points, is more expensive, some of the employees don't speak English, and all are treated badly by the owners.

Chain restaurants vary from location to location.

I've never had a problem with a Subway.

There is a WEN in near my town, and its awful,

there is another near work and another in the mall that are fine.

Don't get me started on DD'ohnuts - where I live - I really don't know how they stay open. They never have anything when you want it and furthermore, living in NYC for years - their bagels don't taste like anything. Nothing! Solid pile of nothing shaped like a bagel. Chew on a sock, it would probably taste better.

AND

you have to ask for napkins (serviettes for the people across the pond) and sugar or a straw, etc. at the drive thru because it doesn't occur to them that people may need them unsure.gif duh really???idiots. b_sigh.gif

Edited by librarian

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 29 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ May 29 2012, 03:10 PM)
Never had a problem with a Foot-Long Sub.

like it cut or uncut?

...and the thread took a turn...

Wh oops.gif ..! I think I just realized where I went wrong with my comment... facepalm.gif

blush4.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 30 2012, 02:53 PM)

like it cut or uncut?

Wh oops.gif ..! I think I just realized where I went wrong with my comment... facepalm.gif

blush4.gif

sorry, I couldn't resist....

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 28 2012, 11:07 AM)
Comparing Subway to Quizno's or Firehouse Subs is like comparing Bieber to Rush.

laugh.gif So true. Quizno's is 1000x better than Subway. Never heard of Firehouse Subs, though....

We have Schlotzsky's here in town. They're so much better than Subway. Plus, ours has a Cinnabon in it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ May 30 2012, 07:46 PM)

We have Schlotzsky's here in town. They're so much better than Subway. Plus, ours has a Cinnabon in it. laugh.gif

Cinnabon

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 07:41 PM)

Cinnabon

Don't forget Louis CK's take on "Cinnabun" !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ0mqr69Vs

rofl3.gif

Edited by CrossedSignals

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 31 2012, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ May 30 2012, 02:53 PM)

like it cut or uncut?

blush4.gif

sorry, I couldn't resist....

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 30 2012, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 07:41 PM)

Cinnabon

Don't forget Louis CK's take on "Cinnabun" !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ0mqr69Vs

rofl3.gif

That's funny! laugh.gif I forgot that Gaffigan joke.

Do I eat Subway on occasion? Yes.

Is Subway any good? No, not really.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 29 2012, 01:27 PM)
Jersey Mike's is better.

I have never been to Jersey Mike's so I shouldn't make this statement.

But, of course, I will.

There is only Katz.

tongue.gif

Yucko.

I'm not so sure how much "healthier" Subway is either. Just because it's not fried or red (pink slime?) meat does not mean it's healthier. Deli meats in general are processed with a TON of chemicals and salt, including cheese. And that "fresh" bread? )I can't say I have seen Subway employees making putting together fresh yeast in the back, rolling out the dough and baking it. Most likely that bread was frozen and warmed in the ovens you see at the counter, mostly for space and convenience purposes.) Then add the dressings which are loaded with more chemicals and fat - and the "fat free" ones have sugar and salt dumped in to replace the flavor the fat usually adds...

Call me a food snob if you want - because its true. Eating out, especially at natioanlly-owned restaurants and chains - is rarely healthy. Sometimes it's not avoidable, of course, but choosing Subway over McDonalds instead of making your own lunch on a regular basis isn't great for you..