Songs never played live

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 05:10 PM)
Losing it is so freaking depressing. I think I might be borderline suicidal if I hear that song live. I don't even have it in my Signals folder on my PC, I deleted it.

Deleting Losing It is like throwing away a Diamond Ring!

dazed025.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 07:01 PM)
Losing it is so freaking depressing. I think I might be borderline suicidal if I hear that song live. I don't even have it in my Signals folder on my PC, I deleted it.

dazed025.gif

I would categorize it more as pensive than straight-out depressing. It's a great song. The strings juxtaposed against Al's playing is magic. I love the muted, minimalist guitar playing...it adds more feeling to what he plays. I suppose if you're that close to the edge, this song has enough emotional energy to push you over it, I don't know. Whatever the case, it's still a great song.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 07:01 PM)

dazed025.gif

I would categorize it more as pensive than straight-out depressing. It's a great song. The strings juxtaposed against Al's playing is magic. I love the muted, minimalist guitar playing...it adds more feeling to what he plays. I suppose if you're that close to the edge, this song has enough emotional energy to push you over it, I don't know. Whatever the case, it's still a great song.

I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape laugh.gif It was a play on words.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 07:38 PM)
I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape laugh.gif

Tell yourself that all you want, buddy. But you and I both know that you hang out here...a lot. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 07:38 PM)
I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape  laugh.gif

Tell yourself that all you want, buddy. But you and I both know that you hang out here...a lot. tongue.gif laugh.gif

This is true laugh.gif I do quite enjoy myself though. 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 22 2012, 11:56 PM)
I'm hoping they'll play Vapor Trail. They've never played it and Ged could definitely sing it perfectly.

I've convinced myself it's happening. I really have no evidence of any kind for believing such a thing, however. I'm probably setting myself up for a letdown. tongue.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 22 2012, 10:56 PM)
I'm hoping they'll play Vapor Trail. They've never played it and Ged could definitely sing it perfectly.

That's why I'm also holding out for Everyday Glory. Ged could nail it, easily. It's a sad yet inspirational song, and I think it could rock live. Even though I often consider it my favorite song, I SWEAR I am not biased in any way laugh.gif

If the future's looking dark

We're the ones who have to shine

If there's no one in control

We're the ones who draw the line

Though we live in trying times

We're the ones who have to try

Though we know that time has wings

We're the ones who have to fly

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 23 2012, 12:56 AM)

That's why I'm also holding out for Everyday Glory. Ged could nail it, easily. It's a sad yet inspirational song, and I think it could rock live. Even though I often consider it my favorite song, I SWEAR I am not biased in any way laugh.gif

I was just listening to that song and it's a lot better than I remember / people seem to give it credit for.

Geddy's vocal performance is top-notch, and the lyrics are excellent. yes.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 23 2012, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 23 2012, 12:56 AM)

I was just listening to that song and it's a lot better than I remember / people seem to give it credit for.

Geddy's vocal performance is top-notch, and the lyrics are excellent. yes.gif

Glad to see someone agree trink39.gif

Post Drum solo- Geddy + Alex sitting center stage- Acoustic Medley Versions of Tears, Different Strings, and Losing It.

Problem Solved:

Not hard on Ged's voice, Extra 10 minutes of rest for Neil to change the oil in the BMW

This year is the 30th anniversary of Power Windows. I would love to hear Emotion Detector! Different Strings would also be cool

Since they overdid Power Windows so much on the CA tour, I'm hoping they dial it back and just play Emotion Detector since it's never been played
  • Like 1

A whole 1st set laced with un-played or seldomly played songs:

R40 Instrumedley: {Working Man, Fly By Night, the Necromancer, A Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemisheres (Prelude)}

Limelight

Alien Shore

Cut to the Chase

Chain Lightning

Open Secrets

Available Light

Limbo/ Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

:rush: :haz: :rush:

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind hearing one theses songs live:

Making Memories

Twilight Zone

Losing It

Open Secrets

Second Nature

The Colour of Right

Anagram

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

How It Is

Have recently been listening to the tracks on Hold Your Fire except the ones they frequently play live - Force Ten, Time Stand Still, & Mission. All great songs, but I've never heard: Open Secrets, Prime Mover, Lock and Key, Tai Shan, High Water... if the setlist included any of those, I'd be over the moon!
  • Like 1