The Who, Who's Next.

Draco

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most perfect album ever.

http://radiopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/rush-moving-pictures1.jpg

But Who's Next is certainly an honorable mention.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 21 2012, 01:40 AM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ May 21 2012, 01:27 AM)
I've always hated Going Mobile, so I can't call Who's Next perfect, but it is awfully damn good. 

I still prefer Tommy to it, though, when it comes to The Who.

I'd take Quadrophenia over Tommy- just by a hair though. wink.gif

It's close, but I prefer Tommy by just a hair. Both are better than Who's Next.

Who's Next is a fine album, and further regarding the expanded remaster it's one of the few reissues where the bonus tracks add something to the original album and are actually worth something! The album is truly expanded!

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 12:56 PM)
Who's Next is a fine album, and further regarding the expanded remaster it's one of the few reissues where the bonus tracks add something to the original album and are actually worth something! The album is truly expanded!

1022.gif

I totally agree!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 21 2012, 02:57 PM)

1022.gif

I totally agree!

trink39.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 21 2012, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ May 21 2012, 02:39 PM)
old.gif I may be old but I got to see all the really cool bands...

Aye! I envy you. The best I've gotten, and I'm not young, is Genesis with the Siltskin singer, Tull with Crest of a Knave, Yes with a voiceless Jon Anderson...

Still, I can't complain. smile.gif

I missed Crest of a Knave sad.gif

Bet that was a hell of a show. trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 01:00 PM)

1022.gif

I totally agree!

trink39.gif

1022.gif

trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 21 2012, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 01:00 PM)

1022.gif

I totally agree!

trink39.gif

1022.gif

trink38.gif trink39.gif

How's it going Earl?

bekloppt.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ May 21 2012, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 21 2012, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ May 21 2012, 02:39 PM)
old.gif I may be old but I got to see all the really cool bands...

Aye! I envy you. The best I've gotten, and I'm not young, is Genesis with the Siltskin singer, Tull with Crest of a Knave, Yes with a voiceless Jon Anderson...

Still, I can't complain. smile.gif

I missed Crest of a Knave sad.gif

Bet that was a hell of a show. trink39.gif

Yeah, it was great! They were on fire on that tour. Way better than the following tours for Rock Island and Catfish Drowning sorry, Rising (hate that album!) wub.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 09:56 PM)

1022.gif

Oh yes, Water, I don't know myself... Pete's absolute pinnacle as a writer. Even the discarded songs are masterpieces!!!!

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 21 2012, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 21 2012, 09:56 PM)

1022.gif

Oh yes, Water, I don't know myself... Pete's absolute pinnacle as a writer. Even the discarded songs are masterpieces!!!!

Aye...

1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 21 2012, 01:46 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 21 2012, 12:45 AM)
In my humble opinion, Grace Under Pressure is a perfect album.

Well, it's my favorite Rush album, so I guess I'd agree with that! trink39.gif

Me three ! applaudit.gif

"Who's next" is definitely a good album. Although "Won't Get Fooled Again" has been played ad nauseum.

"The Song is Over" has to be my favorite from the album.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 21 2012, 04:19 PM)
"Who's next" is definitely a good album. Although "Won't Get Fooled Again" has been played ad nauseum.

You can't criticise the song because people play it too much on TV and radio. The song remains the same, to use a Zep cliche. You've heard it too much, so stop listening. In fact the cure is don't listen to it for about 15 years, when it comes on TV turn the sound down, turn over, same with the radio. If you don't do that then you only have yourself to blame. Don't blame the song, the song is still great no matter what your perception of it is now.

There's others I think are better, Moving Pictures, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side, Revolver, Hotel California come immediately to mind. But, it is a GREAT album. ALWAYS in the conversation for best rock albums ever.

Perfection. One of the greatest collection of songs ever layed down . It still sounds fresh . Edited by Xanadoood

To answer the OP I will toss out one album. Led Zepplin IV. I prefer Who's Next but Zep IV gives it a mighty run for the money. Both are overplayed but they are overplayed for a reason - they are just great albums.

Both have monster songs (Wont Get Fooled Again vs. Stairway to Heaven) and both are then loaded full of killer songs that just look like filler when compared to those twin giants. Not knocking the other songs on these albums. They are works of genius but its just that they are dwarfed by those 2 monsters.

Edited by TheAccountant