July 2012 Classic Rock scan up.

snowdog2112

"there's a tangible warmth to the exuberant Wish Them Well,

the album's most uplifting moment".

This reviewer even likes supposedly the record's weakest track and calls it one of Rush's best records. This wait is getting harder and harder:)

Every review so far has been glowing. Are we ever going to see a review that is mediocre? This has to be a good sign doesn't it? Some of SnA reviews were good but nothing like this. Trying to keep my expectations in check but it's hard with all these stellar reviews. 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 18 2012, 09:04 PM)
Every review so far has been glowing. Are we ever going to see a review that is mediocre? This has to be a good sign doesn't it? Some of SnA reviews were good but nothing like this. Trying to keep my expectations in check but it's hard with all these stellar reviews. 1022.gif 2.gif

Mediocre? I doubt it. I'm sure we'll see plenty of extremely negative ones at some point though by fans. I'll bet the core of bitter old fans at Counterparts has been preparing a catalog of descriptive phrases to portray CA as the worst thing to happen to the planet since the K-T Event. laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 18 2012, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ May 18 2012, 09:04 PM)
Every review so far has been glowing. Are we ever going to see a review that is mediocre? This has to be a good sign doesn't it? Some of SnA reviews were good but nothing like this. Trying to keep my expectations in check but it's hard with all these stellar reviews. 1022.gif  2.gif

Mediocre? I doubt it. I'm sure we'll see plenty of extremely negative ones at some point though by fans. I'll bet the core of bitter old fans at Counterparts has been preparing a catalog of descriptive phrases to portray CA as the worst thing to happen to the planet since the K-T Event. laugh.gif

Hater, troll, and Brit reviews don't count. I'm talking about media reviews. Have yet to see an official media review yet that has hardly anything bad to say about the record. I'm actually starting to believe this could be a top 4 or 5 record for me.

wink.gif

"They admit the live shows might be stripped back at some point as the long tours are finally taking their toll, but, in Alex's words, they're going to make records until they die."

Well that just about brought a tear to my eye.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 19 2012, 01:27 AM)
"They admit the live shows might be stripped back at some point as the long tours are finally taking their toll, but, in Alex's words, they're going to make records until they die."

Well that just about brought a tear to my eye.

No kidding...that was by far the key line in the whole thing.

It sounds like they pretty much plan to continue recording...which is f'n fantastic! 1022.gif

What a fantastic article. I never knew the boys had a photoshoot with Andrew McNaughtan the day before he died. That's so sad, maybe the pics we've seen of them on the sofa were taken on that day. Imagine how they must feel every time they see one of those pictures sad.gif

On a lighter note, this pretty much confirms my hope that Rush have no intention of stopping. Making albums until they die? Yes please! 2.gif

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ May 19 2012, 11:15 AM)
What a fantastic article. I never knew the boys had a photoshoot with Andrew McNaughtan the day before he died. That's so sad, maybe the pics we've seen of them on the sofa were taken on that day. Imagine how they must feel every time they see one of those pictures  sad.gif

On a lighter note, this pretty much confirms my hope that Rush have no intention of stopping. Making albums until they die? Yes please!  2.gif

What????? You mean they're going to stop making albums after they die?????? But, they're RUSH!! NO!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

fists crying.gif

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

Great Article, One of the best! You can really get a feel for what RUSH is all about from this one! However, Yet another great review! It can't be that good, can it?

TOP 5, really?

Hemispheres,

Moving Pictures,

Permanent Waves,

A Farewell to Kings,

and

Clockwork Angels?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k