IYO what are the best 3 songs for the Encore

losingit2k

I went with:

Subdivision

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

I went with those 3 since for obvious reasons. Subdivision will close up the whole Signals 30 Anniversary thing and TS and TSOR are the most popular songs ever leaving everyone, old and new with a smile on their face.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Yokkov @ May 18 2012, 08:15 PM)
Full 2112!!
1022.gif bacon.gif

Fudgggge that!! Give me full Hemispheres! common001.gif

I can't stand the fake concert ending. The false spontaneity of the whole thing is silly and outdated.

That said, I'd pick Spirit of Radio, Limelight and Tom Sawyer, in that order. If they do it like that, I can leave my seat when TSOR starts, be at the exit by the time Limelight finishes, and I won't have to hear Tom Sawyer. Plus, I'll beat *all* the traffic getting out of the parking lot. Perfection.

The R40 Underture!

Jacob's Ladder

Prelude

Xanadu

Something for Nothing

Necromancer

Beneath, Between, Behind

In the Mood

Snippets of the above, like the R30 Overture, and a full out crazy rocked out version of In The Mood to end it all!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 19 2012, 03:30 PM)
I can't stand the fake concert ending. The false spontaneity of the whole thing is silly and outdated.

goodpost.gif

Seriously. An encore is only meaningful if it's unexpected and spontaneous.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 19 2012, 02:30 PM)

That said, I'd pick Spirit of Radio, Limelight and Tom Sawyer, in that order. If they do it like that, I can leave my seat when TSOR starts, be at the exit by the time Limelight finishes, and I won't have to hear Tom Sawyer. Plus, I'll beat *all* the traffic getting out of the parking lot. Perfection.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

The only bad thing with that is that when you reach your car and you just started thinking about what you're going to watch on your Cable TV since you left the 2.gif concert early, instead of Limelight they go into Xanadu, and you say" Oh no!" so you turn around quickly and hit your knee on the bumber, and when you hit your knee on the bumper you begin to limp back to the concert, then by the time you've reach the gate, The Encore will be over and you'll be trampled by the stampede of over joyed 2.gif fans heading towards their cars with huge smiles on their faces.

tongue.gif

So don't get trampled by a 2.gif stampede, get Direct TV!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ May 19 2012, 03:34 PM)
The R40 Underture!

Jacob's Ladder
Prelude
Xanadu
Something for Nothing
Necromancer
Beneath, Between, Behind
In the Mood

Snippets of the above, like the R30 Overture, and a full out crazy rocked out version of In The Mood to end it all!

...and then you woke up

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 19 2012, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ May 19 2012, 03:13 PM)
Tom Sawyer
Fly By Night/ In The Mood
Headlong Flight

How can you end the show with a song from the new album???

Well not this tour, But just think of the lyrics and the music. This would be the perfect closer from here on in!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 19 2012, 02:54 PM)

goodpost.gif

When was the last time ANY band did this? Don't give me some indie rock group that just played a show in Vegas last weekend either.

I haven't heard or seen the spontaneous encore done since the late 70's, early 80's, and I know a hell of a lot of people who went to hundreds of rock concerts between all of them. Ozzy, Rush, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc and so on. I think the spontaneous encore died decades ago.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ May 20 2012, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 19 2012, 02:54 PM)

goodpost.gif

When was the last time ANY band did this? Don't give me some indie rock group that just played a show in Vegas last weekend either.

I haven't heard or seen the spontaneous encore done since the late 70's, early 80's, and I know a hell of a lot of people who went to hundreds of rock concerts between all of them. Ozzy, Rush, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc and so on. I think the spontaneous encore died decades ago.

Indeed.

I can think of Zappa or Dream Theater, who almost always did encores. sometimes more than one, and they would often vary. But with a very few exceptions, they would be preplanned.

At the very least, it would be interesting if the thing varied each night, thus giving it a degree of suprise.

You want a surprising encore? All of Clockwork Angels! And it's two surprises in one. You go the entire show thinking "Wow! They didn't play any new songs!" and then BAM 66 minute encore with an orchestra!

The above post is for amusement purposes only, and not to be taken seriously. The poster is aware that, for many reasons, it is impossible. Please do not tell him he is dreaming, explain to him that Rush are too old to do a 66 minute encore on top of a full show, or that Rush is too predictable to ever do something like this. He knows.