Which of the "Big 10" should be retired this tour?

Which of the following would you be totally fine with NOT hearing on the upcoming tour?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you be totally fine with NOT hearing on the upcoming tour?

• Working Man
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • Subdivisions

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working Man!

I was THRILLED to hear it on the VT tour but it's been back long enough!

Give me Finding My Way/In The Mood for the encore closer and I'll be happier than a pig in poop.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 8 2012, 01:05 PM)
Which of RUSH's more overplayed popular songs are you sick to death of hearing live?

I wouldn't say I'm sick of "Subdivisions" but it's easily the most depressing song of the group. . .

For me it's Radio or Working Man

Where's the 'none of the above' option, for those who are going to their first show.. or for those who aren't sick to death of any of these songs. Anyone who's sick to death maybe should consider not seeing Rush live anymore.

Oh, I know, I'm not playing along. Oh well.. sorry for your embarrassment of riches.

Where's the 'none of the above' option, for those who are going to their first show.. or for those who aren't sick to death of any of these songs. Anyone who's sick to death maybe should consider not seeing Rush live anymore.

Oh, I know, I'm not playing along. Oh well.. sorry for your embarrassment of riches.

I've only been to two shows.... I greatly enjoyed hearing all those songs.

If they played all ten again on this tour I would not be annoyed... That's IF I make it to this tour.. ;(

While I can probably say I have no use for hearing any of these live anymore, I hope they don't retire any of them. Part of my enjoyment of a show is feeding off the energy of the crowd and there is no denying the whole crowd erupts when any of these are played, and it makes it much more fun, rather than the obscures that only a handful in the audience know and many are sitting down for.

As far as what I think they may retire, I'd say Red Barchetta, Freewill, YYZ, Working Man. They're probably sick of the Moving Pictures stuff so dont be surprised if they only play Tom Sawyer and Limelight

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (That One Guy @ May 8 2012, 02:21 PM)
I've only been to two shows.... I greatly enjoyed hearing all those songs.

If they played all ten again on this tour I would not be annoyed... That's IF I make it to this tour.. ;(

Exactly my point....the marginal sometimes fan would not be happy if these were retired. Keep in mind a big chunk of the audience ONLY knows these 10 songs and a few others and that's what they're there for.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 8 2012, 03:28 PM)
Surprisingly, part of me wants to vote for La Villa (even though I voted for Tom Sawyer) just because they aren't capable of doing it justice anymore. They really are playing it quite awfully and profaning the name of the original.

You gotta be nuts! They're killing on La Villa.

Proof!

Alex - no effects - the whole damn song - AMAZING!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 01:27 PM)
While I can probably say I have no use for hearing any of these live anymore, I hope they don't retire any of them. Part of my enjoyment of a show is feeding off the energy of the crowd and there is no denying the whole crowd erupts when any of these are played, and it makes it much more fun, rather than the obscures that only a handful in the audience know and many are sitting down for.

As far as what I think they may retire, I'd say Red Barchetta, Freewill, YYZ, Working Man. They're probably sick of the Moving Pictures stuff so dont be surprised if they only play Tom Sawyer and Limelight

goodpost.gif

I feel the same way.

One little victory was played on 4 of the last 5 tours, so it could go, though not on the list above.

They did skip WM on S&A to play Passage to Bangkok. 2112 (intro) and La Villa was skipped then as well then.

Subdivisions was skipped back on VT, but played mostly before and after and is a staple, but it's possible to be replaced.

Limelight and Tom Sawyer and Spirit will always be played. YYZ seems to be in this catergory as well.

Nautral Science seems to come and go probably due to length.

Freewill was played last two tours but skipped on R30 and VT so is likely to replaced this time.

Red Barchetta is anyone's guess since it seems to make it about every other tour. I would think it's probably out this time around.

Random thought anyway.

Edited by Running Rebel

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 02:27 PM)

Tommy is getting played no matter what but I'd love if Limelight was replaced with YYZ! 1022.gif

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 8 2012, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 02:27 PM)

Tommy is getting played no matter what but I'd love if Limelight was replaced with YYZ! 1022.gif

Doubt it. Limelight has become one of their 2 or 3 most recognizable songs, thanks to I Love you man

Also, I have been to more and more sporting events that play Limelight over the PA, mainly Hockey and Baseball games

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 8 2012, 02:28 PM)
Surprisingly, part of me wants to vote for La Villa (even though I voted for Tom Sawyer) just because they aren't capable of doing it justice anymore. They really are playing it quite awfully and profaning the name of the original.

Whhaaa??? You can't be serious. As far as I can tell it's sounding as great as it ever has done. Unless you were referring to the polka intro - hopefully they'll leave that out if they play La Villa again (which I hope they'll do).

My choice would be Working Man simply because it's my least favourite song out of these. I'd also much rather hear Finding My Way/In the Mood as an encore.

Freewill, Red Barchetta and Subdivisions have also had their day I feel. They're kinda staples but I wouldn't miss them the same way as I'd miss YYZ, Limelight and TSOR - now those songs should NEVER be dropped!