Time to rank the 3 songs we've heard

LeaveMyThingAlone

What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Headlong Flight

I love all 3 and cannot decide the ranking which goes to show that this is going to be a killer album yes.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caravan

BU2B

Headlong Flight

Each gap is actually pretty wide at this point, particularly the one between BU2B and HF. We'll see if it stays that way once I obtain the album and start listening to the songs more often.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 27 2012, 06:05 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 26 2012, 06:14 PM)
Not at all surprised Bu2B is a distant 3rd. To be honest, I can't quite pinpoint why it's may favorite. I just can't get enough of it...

BU2B is the most melodic of the three...and has keyboards...and just an overall great dynamic to it, for starters. The "....the pain and joy that we receive" part is just ear candy to me. I love it. It's both heavy and still has a lightness to it too, if you know what I mean.

absolutely well said! It flows so well...and that middle part you refer to might be my favorite 90 seconds of music in Rush history

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:47 AM)
All the songs are incredible, but Caravan is just unreal. I can't believe my ears when hearing that gorgeous masterpiece even after listening to it about 400 time by now. Had to go with Caravan, could be my all time favorite Rush tune, no lie. It rocks, it's progressive, has a sick jam and solo, great melodies, keyboards, EVERYTHING I could ever want in one Rush song.

I love Caravan too and am afraid the re-record will not be as good.

Hey 14!

I've been out of the Rush loop for a few weeks now.

Are you serious? The boys are going to re-record "Caravan?"

WHY?

My favorite of the 3 is HF. After that its basically a toss up. To tell the truth I am actually trying not to listen to them all that much until the album comes out so I can dive into the entire thing at once.

Figure I may like them more if I hear the entire album and feel how it fits together.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 2 2012, 08:58 PM)
I'm still blown away by BU2B every time I hear it. It's so heavy and mean and yet the groove is outrageous.

Yes. I listened to all 3 on some killer headphones this morning to see if my opinion changed and if anything I love Bu2B that much more. The middle section gets me every time. It's one of Geddy's all time best emotive basslines

1. Headlong Flight (simply one of the most kick-ass Rush songs ever. This song is what Rush is all about!) 1022.gif

2. Caravan (Well-crafted song with great lyrics and some real crazy parts! This is also classic Rush!)

3. Bu2B (Good song. But doesn't move me like the other two.)

BU2B>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caravan>HF

I really love BU2B. That heavy riff and beat during the intro and verses rules, and the chorus is solid too. I like the verses of Caravan but not the Chorus with the repetitive lyrics, and dont like much of anything about HF, especially that really dated sounding chorus, and the rest just sounds like a jam session to me, not a real song.

So Im the exact opposite of this poll.

Anyone putting BU2B as a distant third must be a Christian. That's the only way I can rationalize it.

My list goes Caravan and BU2B tied for first. In my opinion, they're up there with Red Barchetta, Subdivisions, Passage to Bangkok, The Trees, Free Will, Distant Early Warning, etc. Instant Rush classics.

I'm liking Headlong Flight more and more. Especially the vocals. So catchy. Just behind the other two... for now.

Edited by CruisingInPrimetime

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ May 20 2012, 05:35 AM)
Anyone putting BU2B as a distant third must be a Christian.  That's the only way I can rationalize it.

That's a bit narrow-minded. I'm not religious, and I like the lyrics of BU2B, but I just think Headlong Flight and Caravan are better songs.

Edited by ArrowSnake

My order:

Caravan > Headlong Flight >>>>> BU2B...

My only complaint with Caravan is although I love the song, I feel that Geddy's finger strumming the bass strings makes for a less crisp sound right before the instrumental break....

In Headlong Flight, when Geddy is isolated, the bass sound he gets may be the best sound he has ever had on any album, seriously.

But, that being said, the overall song being considered, I really am drawn to Caravan over HF.

All three I may like better than anything off of Snakes and Arrows or Vapor Trails

Edited by vital signz

QUOTE (vital signz @ May 20 2012, 04:13 PM)
In Headlong Flight, when Geddy is isolated, the bass sound he gets may be the best sound he has ever had on any album, seriously.

yes.gif goodpost.gif