stupid presales

Alph Seeker

Been trying since 12 for 4 seats floor or level 1 - opener. Nothing available. Tried even 1 seat - nothing. Only level 2 is coming up. Seems they are either not putting anything out there or they are limited and were all snatched up in the first 10 seconds?!

Any success stories?

Keep trying! You will get them. I kept trying for floor seats over and over and eventually they showed up.

I think they release a little bit at a time.

I'm no stranger to this - I've done well in the past with presales, and I've done well by trying, but deciding to wait till the general sale. I've never NOT had at least some tix to consider, throw back and get more.

I'd rather wait outside Sears in the early dawn and charge the gate, sprint past ladies lingerie (pause to wonder...) then beat feat to the desk, pick the tix I want, pay cash and go to school late -- oh, the good ol' days. biggrin.gif

But now, I sit, clicking and swearing, clicking and swearing. It ain't healthy!

Presales are usually terrible.

No matter how early you are on...the best seats are NEVER there. It's such a farce.

It's funny that in an age where technology makes it so much easier to get seats to shows...it's actually made the whole process that much more frustrating and annoying. wacko.gif

It was frustrating at first because I had two venues (Auburn Hills and Buffalo) that I wanted to attend. I had a buddy log on at his work for me to work on one while worked on the other. They immediately recognized me as someone who may be a bulk buyer because of two logins. So they made me enter two very unreadable lengthy sets of codes which I never ever seemed to get right for the longest time. Was giving into the fact that I wasn't going to get anything on the front sections of floors. Then low and behold, my friend on the phone with me got:

Section A Row 9 near the middle for Auburn Hills

And I was right behind him with:

FLR 2 Row 7 just to Geddy's right for Buffalo.

Quite pleased even though I was hoping for within the first five rows but still, very pleased. What a freakin' stress test!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 23 2012, 01:19 PM)

No matter how early you are on...the best seats are NEVER there. It's such a farce.

It's funny that in an age where technology makes it so much easier to get seats to shows...it's actually made the whole process that much more frustrating and annoying. wacko.gif

I got row 4 for Manchester and others have reported similar results.

A buddy got rows 4 and 5 for Detroit.

You cant say these are a farce, you just have to be persistant.

Patience, huh? I've been at this since Noon, trying to get 3 seats together, anywhere, and haven't gotten them to come up yet!

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 23 2012, 01:19 PM)

It's funny that in an age where technology makes it so much easier to get seats to shows...it's actually made the whole process that much more frustrating and annoying.  wacko.gif

I got row 4 for Manchester and others have reported similar results.

A buddy got rows 4 and 5 for Detroit.

You cant say these are a farce, you just have to be persistant.

That's great...I'm not saying it doesn't work.

I'm just saying...the whole process is not as fool-proof as they lead you to believe.

I remember getting a presale code back for R30, and I was on it ALL DAY...and couldn't get anything better than 400 Level or LAWN seats at the Amptheatre in Toronto.

That's BS. Lawn Seats and the back level are what you get with a 'presale code'. Really?

Again...I'm glad to hear you guys are striking gold...and I hope when the Toronto one is on, that I can too. But overall, the process stinks...at least, IMO.

Terrible experience and process. for Newark the top seats were gone within two minutes. Ended up with pretty good seats that were reasonably priced ($96 bucks compared to a pretty expensive $150), but only have being kicked off the site multiple times.

After nearly two hours, I'm giving up. I'll try the venue box office on Friday and if I can't get reasonably close floor seats, then I guess I won't be going. Maybe the comment I heard the other day is right: "even Rush has gotten too popular to think about their real fans."

I kept ending up with crappy choices on the Musictoday presale, so then I went to the VIP Nation site and it said the VIP packages were sold out at 12:08 pm. Kept refreshing and sweating and swearing, then finally they were available again and I bought one for $325. Crazy stressful! My wife is gonna kill me, but it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission! We only live once, right? Can't wait! See you in Chicago people!

beathorse.gif 653.gif 2.gif

Attention Citybank:

If your going to advertise pre sale 2.gif tickets, you may want to list them on your website, knuckleheads!!!!! comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

there is no 2.gif on there, at all...

Got a ticket for Chicago gig, lower level 103 so not too bad, coming over especially from London!

The pre-sale is rubbish though, I logged on at noon local time and it said that floor level tickets were unavailable so I thought they had sold out already hence why I got ticket in 103. I then tried again out of interest and suddenly I was offered ticket in row 3 in floor level but had already bought a ticket!

So annoying, why can't you just choose what you want first come first served?

Hey ho, got a ticket and can't wait!!

I ended up getting Section A, Row 17 for the Newark show. Even though I could've played it safe with my money by getting the $96 tickets, I decided to take the chance at getting floor seats this time around. I'm pretty happy at the result I got since I'll be in Geddy's side of the stage. This'll be my first time going solo at a Rush show. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Glad to hear some of you are having success. After talking with my dad and brother, we are buying from the box office Friday, taking whatever we get with joy. You never know when it will be the last time.