Orchestra Rumor Seems Likely Now

presto123

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 19 2012, 11:14 AM)
f**k this idea forever. I hope it never happens.

Dude they might just use a limited string section for certain songs like:

What ever strings songs are on CA, plus Losing It, Tears, Different Strings and Manhattan Project. Everything else would be played by 2.gif as is! Lets face it, the only way we are going to see some of these songs played live is with a string section or small Symphony Orchestra!

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels (With String Section Where needed)

Set 2:

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Digital Man

Jacobs Ladder

The Weapon

New World Man

Losing It (With String Section)

Tears (With String Section)

Madrigal (With String Section)

Bravado (with String Section)

Manhattan Project (With String Section)

YYZ/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Different Strings (With String Section)

Xanadu (Entire)

Limelight

Freewill

2112 Overeture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think if they do this, it will be a small string section. No way they go full out orchestral. The cost of that alone.

So if they do something like this, the show will be 90% rush playing on their own. Bringing out a small string section just for the select songs that need it.

I would be shocked if they had a big orchestra section that played on every track. In fact, I think that's pretty damn near impossible to happening. Unless they were special select shows. But yeah, it just seems to me we have two things to go off of:

I. Signals being played front to back rumor (and Signals could use some live strings)

II. Some songs off of CA uses strings in studio, so again, some select songs could use live strings.

That does not = to a full blown orchestra section making arrangements to every song. And to be honest, I just don't see it happening. They play too many songs, and it would be a huge undertaking and cost a lot of money.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

If they were touring with an orchestra, I'm sure it would've been referenced in today's tour announcement. Moving Pictures in its entirety was the big gimmick of the Time Machine Tour, and that was front and center during the announcement. The only way it's possible is if they're still working out the logistics of it.

RIAB has a link to a press release, and I didn't see anything about an orchestra.

To me, it goes like this...if there is in fact an orchestra and/or Signals (or any album) being played in its entirety, they would mention it in the Press Release.

I might be wrong here, but that's how I would imagine it.

Instead of, "Oh hey look it's Rush playing f***ing Tom Sawyer again, well Im off for another beer", I would stick around to see how they would work an orchestra into it, and I'm pretty damn sure it would be completely awesome and unlike anything we've seen with this band.

I dont even buy these live videos anymore. Seems like they have one for every tour now and every one is the same damn thing. Rush playing the same old songs again. Throw an orchestra in there.... uh yeah Im sure I dont have anything like that in my Rush video collection. Im all for it 100%.

Edited by trenken

Im not stupid though, I doubt they would really ever do this so its just wishful thinking for me. Pretty sure they dont have the same sort of money Metallica has to lug a full 30 piece orchestra around the world conducted by the most famous conductor alive today.

If they even did it, it would be on a smaller scale.

The orchestra rumor was 100% unsubstantiated and has turned out to be false. If it were true we would see something on RUSH.com, LiveNation or in the PRNewswire release.

The confusing part for me is after seeing the Tourbook cover which was posted a couple weeks back and knowing what the source was for those images why nothing is mentioned about Signals?

Perhaps that was in the works and they scrapped the idea?

hmmmmmmmmm

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 19 2012, 11:01 AM)
I really think it would be pretty refreshing. I LOVED when Metallica did with this S&M. It was something I had never seen a band like that try before and I thought it really worked.

Ive been to so many Rush tours since '85, it's usually the same thing over and over with new visuals and different songs. This would really stand out as something to remember, of course as long as it's done right. Metallica had rehearsed that S&M tour for like 7 months to get all that right.

It was something that Metallica had wanted to do for a long time, even before S&M was rehearsed. They had a pretty close association with Michael Kamen for the longest time, so it became a natural idea for them. And I thought it worked fairly brilliantly.

I think it would be interesting for Rush, but I still don't see it happening.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Apr 19 2012, 10:37 AM)
I wouldn't mind if it was a small string section that only played during those songs. Which I think it will be. I highly doubt they will bring out a huge section of players and do arrangements on other tracks.

Although, if they did do "Losing It" I would die to hear live strings on that. But other then that, they should just keep it to the new material. Gorillaz toured with a string section that didn't play on every track, and it worked out just fine.

This.

Maybe they use a string section for say Losing it,Manhattan Project,etc...

No way is there going to be a full orchestra for every song. No way.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 19 2012, 02:32 PM)
Instead of, "Oh hey look it's Rush playing f***ing Tom Sawyer again, well Im off for another beer", I would stick around to see how they would work an orchestra into it, and I'm pretty damn sure it would be completely awesome and unlike anything we've seen with this band.

I dont even buy these live videos anymore. Seems like they have one for every tour now and every one is the same damn thing. Rush playing the same old songs again. Throw an orchestra in there.... uh yeah Im sure I dont have anything like that in my Rush video collection. Im all for it 100%.

Don`t get me wrong...I might be interested to see it if it were a one-off, like a handful of dates that had it. But not a full-on tour.

Now, this of course is speaking for me alone, but if they were to do 2 shows in Toronto, and decided to record one with an Orchestra, and one without, I`d very much be in and would attend both shows.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 19 2012, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Apr 19 2012, 10:37 AM)
I wouldn't mind if it was a small string section that only played during those songs. Which I think it will be. I highly doubt they will bring out a huge section of players and do arrangements on other tracks.

Although, if they did do "Losing It" I would die to hear live strings on that. But other then that, they should just keep it to the new material. Gorillaz toured with a string section that didn't play on every track, and it worked out just fine.

This.

Maybe they use a string section for say Losing it,Manhattan Project,etc...

No way is there going to be a full orchestra for every song. No way.

losing it without orchestra yes.gif manhattan project with or without orchestra no.gif

Not just an orchestra for certain dates but also the Ebony Gospel Choir has been added as well. Another rumour is that Mini Rush (not Rash) will be the opener.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 01:42 PM)
The orchestra rumor was 100% unsubstantiated and has turned out to be false. If it were true we would see something on RUSH.com, LiveNation or in the PRNewswire release.

The confusing part for me is after seeing the Tourbook cover which was posted a couple weeks back and knowing what the source was for those images why nothing is mentioned about Signals?

Perhaps that was in the works and they scrapped the idea?
hmmmmmmmmm

How do we even know if that tourbook cover was real? Did someone get it from a tour that hasnt even started yet? Until its posted on rush.com or found at that first show, we dont really know for sure if that wasnt just photoshopped up by some random person.

I realize an orchestra can perform indoors or out but I just found it odd that they would switch venues all of the sudden. I can't think of another reason they would do this when it was originally scheduled for Klipsch.(old Deer Creek) Plus the venue they switched to(Banker's Life) is known for bad acoustics although not sure if band management would even take that into consideration.

I don't think they are touring with an orchestra they probably would have announced it when they announced the tour dates.

And Rush with and orchestra would suck

Guys, they moved the tour to September through November. Outdoor shows are not realistic this time of the year. And they really can't go back and forth outdoor to inddor probably because of the type of show they want to put on (pyro, lighting, video, etc)

I am not saying there WONT be an orchestra. I am just saying the fact that these are indoor shows doesn't have anything to do with it. The weather in November has everything to do with it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 19 2012, 04:09 PM)
Guys, they moved the tour to September through November. Outdoor shows are not realistic this time of the year. And they really can't go back and forth outdoor to inddor probably because of the type of show they want to put on (pyro, lighting, video, etc)

I am not saying there WONT be an orchestra. I am just saying the fact that these are indoor shows doesn't have anything to do with it. The weather in November has everything to do with it biggrin.gif

Supposedly some of the shows on the tour schedule ARE outdoor shows?