Will RUSH Play all of CA

losingit2k

Will RUSH play all of CA now that its an entire concept album?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Will RUSH play all of CA now that its an entire concept album?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't rule it out, but I think it would be suicide. If they did it in the first set, half the crowd would show up an hour late. If they did it in the second set, half the crowd would go home during the intermission. Like it or not (and I don't), a stupid number of people are only there to hear the hits.

I say no. To my knowledge, they have never played the entirety of a new album. Ever. They could change that, but I doubt it.

Also, bear in mind we don't know for sure it's one big concept album. It seems like it, but we can't really tell just from track titles. There are some factors that point to yes, and some that point to no. Magic 8 Ball says "Ask again later."

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 10:58 PM)
I wouldn't rule it out, but I think it would be suicide. If they did it in the first set, half the crowd would show up an hour late. If they did it in the second set, half the crowd would go home during the intermission. Like it or not (and I don't), a stupid number of people are only there to hear the hits.

You're assuming that most of the crowd who goes to a show knows the set ahead of time. For the most part they don't, so 90 percent of the crowd is going in with no idea what will be played. You wouldn't see many showing up late or leaving early due to the new album getting played because most people wouldn't know.

If they do play all of the new album, I don't believe they would do it all in a row. They would probably break it up throughout the two sets and mix it up with older material so they don't lose the audience completely. Rush has always been pretty smart with pacing their sets out properly by always being able to mix up the new material, the deep cuts and the big hits very well.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 10:58 PM)

You're assuming that most of the crowd who goes to a show knows the set ahead of time. For the most part they don't, so 90 percent of the crowd is going in with no idea what will be played.

If they do play all of the new album, I don't believe they would do it all in a row. They would probably break it up throughout the two sets and mix it up with older material so they don't lose the audience completely. Rush has always been pretty smart with pacing their sets out properly by always being able to mix up the new material, the deep cuts and the big hits very well.

That's certainly true - a lot of people won't go in knowing the setlist. But word of mouth travels faster than ever. All it takes is for the crowds at the first couple of shows to report that they're doing all of CA in a row and the shows at the middle and end of the tour will suffer.

If they break it up throughout the show, they can avoid some of that, but devoting half the show to CA (either all together or broken up)... I'm skeptical.

I hope not.

Even if the album is awesome...I'd rather hear a portion of CA (like 5-6 songs), a couple of obvious hits, and a crapload of obscure tracks that they haven't played live, or at least haven't in ages!

No matter how much I like CA, I'd still rather hear something like Cut To The Chase or Something For Nothing over it. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:35 PM)
I honestly hope they play the whole album straight. It rocks hard, and we know the boys will love playing it.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't mind it, especially if it is one concept, start to finish. I love watching them play music they're excited by. I just doubt it. But never say never...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 17 2012, 12:07 PM)
I hope not.

Even if the album is awesome...I'd rather hear a portion of CA (like 5-6 songs), a couple of obvious hits, and a crapload of obscure tracks that they haven't played live, or at least haven't in ages!

No matter how much I like CA, I'd still rather hear something like Cut To The Chase or Something For Nothing over it. 1022.gif

same here. just want to see them leave some room for playing a bunch of obscure tunes.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 17 2012, 07:53 AM)
I say no. To my knowledge, they have never played the entirety of a new album. Ever. They could change that, but I doubt it.

All of Hemispheres (I believe) was played during that tour.

Of course it was only 4 songs and about 34 minutes.

My guess would be 6 songs from CA. Although it will certainly be more fun to predict once we actually hear the album.

I doubt they'll play the whole thing, even if it rocks. If it does rock, I'd love for them to play it all, but it doesn't seem too likely.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 17 2012, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 17 2012, 07:53 AM)
I say no.  To my knowledge, they have never played the entirety of a new album.  Ever.  They could change that, but I doubt it.

All of Hemispheres (I believe) was played during that tour.

Of course it was only 4 songs and about 34 minutes.

My guess would be 6 songs from CA. Although it will certainly be more fun to predict once we actually hear the album.

ohmy.gif Touche, Sir. I stand corrected.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:00 AM)
I voted No...but I AM positive that they will play a large portion of it - like they did with the Snakes & Arrows songs on THAT tour.

Concur. I think we'll get about 3/4ths of CA, or if you prefer 45mins. worth.

I read somewhere that only a "portion" of CA is concept. So maybe that portion only played as a set of songs confused13.gif

I'd love it if they ditched all the "standard" hits they play every tour and played all of CA or 2112.