CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

QUOTE (tas7 @ Apr 11 2012, 08:19 PM)
Why can't they do what Killing Joke did with their excellent new album, put thirty second tastes of each track in one clip.

That would just spoil the fun of album release day wink.gif

Though I can't say I'd be too disappointed if they did....

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 08:25 PM)
That would just spoil the fun of album release day  wink.gif

Though I can't say I'd be too disappointed if they did....

Yeah, I'm already debating how much I want to hear before I have the full album in hand.

This time, I'm thinking that I really want to have the CD at home with the booklet and listen on my good speakers or headphones. Even better would be to have the vinyl as well, hopefully with a large size booklet.

So I think I'm going to listen to Headlong Flight and then start avoiding any more leaked clips or songs. But we'll see how long that lasts. tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 11 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 11 2012, 05:35 PM)
Not bad, so far, but honestly I hate the bass tone. It would've sounded brilliant with the Rickenbacker.

You have got to be fking kidding. Always got to find something to complain about, huh? Even when you like something they've done, you just have to find something to bitch about.

welcome to RUSH fans in the social media!

it's never enough...

Well, I've now listened to that clip enough times that part of it's now on "Replay" in my head! That is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2012, 09:56 PM)
Well, I've now listened to that clip enough times that part of it's now on "Replay" in my head! That is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. biggrin.gif

I'd like a live release and video of that 30 second clip!

QUOTE (Tai Shan @ Apr 11 2012, 09:22 PM)
Took a headlong dive into the 30 sec clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdyEzdjqVys

This is why I love Rush fans. What fan of any other band would put a youtube video up of them self playing along to a 30 second teaser on the same day as it comes out? Only a 2.gif fan. Kudos to you, Sir. trink39.gif

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Apr 11 2012, 09:56 PM)

This is why I love Rush fans. What fan of any other band would put a youtube video up of them self playing along to a 30 second teaser on the same day as it comes out? Only a 2.gif fan. Kudos to you, Sir. trink39.gif

....and to think I used to be banned from this site!!

QUOTE (Tai Shan @ Apr 11 2012, 11:26 PM)

You being banned had nothing to do with your drumming. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:31 PM)

My timing is better on the drums than my humor!

QUOTE (Tai Shan @ Apr 11 2012, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:31 PM)

My timing is better on the drums than my humor!

And your humor isn't always bad, either!

Reposting from another thread...

I love it, and I haven't even heard the vocals yet, which are usually my favorite part, so I see room for even more appreciation. I like the layers of guitar, one clean, one more distorted. Now I know there are are a lot of comparisons being made, and I hear the Bastille Day one, but I immediately thought of Driven when I heard it. One of my musically inclined friends told me the time signatures are different, but I'm still getting that vibe. I like Driven, and this song has even more interesting guitar, so bring it on!

The album cover is a bit of a letdown, just very simple, and when you back away from it or make it into a thumbnail, it's tough to see what it is - it just looks red (though my bad eyesight doesn't help). I'm not going to spend much time on the album cover, anyway. Not a big deal.

I might get flamed for this, but does anyone else think this clip sounds like it would be right at home over a montage on some reality TV show? Like junkyard wars or something?

At any ate, I think it sounds awesome, but I also think the other two songs are awesome as well- this sounds like its a similar caliber to me.

And for the record, I was never disappointed bu Far Cry after the teaser- I think it's one of the best songs they've ever recorded and I remember listening to it over and over again, ecstatic that they could still make such great music (I was expecting more VT, which I did not like).

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Apr 12 2012, 12:15 AM)
I might get flamed for this, but does anyone else think this clip sounds like it would be right at home over a montage on some reality TV show? Like junkyard wars or something?

You won't get flamed for the comment - but rather for watching Junkyard Wars.

tongue.gif

I agree with you about Far Cry, btw - easily the best single they have released since Dreamline.

Anybody catch that wind sound behind the opening bass guitar? Very cool. Caravan and BU2B had to be re-recorded because the production on HF is so much better than those two. Caravan and BU2B(new versions) should sound even better.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 12 2012, 02:51 AM)
Anybody catch that wind sound behind the opening bass guitar? Very cool. Caravan and BU2B had to be re-recorded because the production on HF is so much better than those two. Caravan and BU2B(new versions) should sound even better.

If you listen to it in headphones, you can hear somekind rail driven vehicle or the wheels of fire, well you here something as well!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I'm loving the sample we have of HF -- my wife and I are both Rush fans and we huddled around and listened to the sample and at the end smiled, then we were both like -- "Aw - more! More!" 1022.gif

This clip bodes well for the album as a whole. I have been holding back my hopes and excitement (as much as I could) until I heard the clip, and after hearing it, and also loving Caravan and BU2B, I am finally allowing myself to get fired up!

So let the freakin' party begin!!!!!! 653.gif trink38.gif 2.gif cool10.gif common001.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

As for the cover, yea its a little lame. But you know, so was Counterparts. And Counterparts is one of my all time faves. So you know, I like nice album covers, but at the end of the day its about the music.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 08:49 PM)
Not bad, so far, but honestly I hate the bass tone. It would've sounded brilliant with the Rickenbacker.

You have got to be fking kidding. Always got to find something to complain about, huh? Even when you like something they've done, you just have to find something to bitch about.

Its called "critique", Daniel. What you're doing..is bitching and complaining! smile.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 12 2012, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 12 2012, 02:51 AM)

If you listen to it in headphones, you can hear somekind rail driven vehicle or the wheels of fire, well you here something as well!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yeah, I was thinking that last night. You can definitely hear some sort of noise in behind as the bass starts.

So, depending on where this clip is from, it could be trailing from the previous track, or some part within HF.

Either way...looking forward to finding out! 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 12 2012, 06:38 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 08:49 PM)

Its called "critique", Daniel. What you're doing..is bitching and complaining! smile.gif

I went back and removed my comment because I didn't want to waste time getting into it with you yet again, but not before Snaked quoted me. Oh well.

Saying you hate the bass tone because he didn't use one brand of bass guitar over another is not a critique, it's a nitpick that only someone who is looking for something to complain about would come up with. It's like saying you like a sunset, but you'd like it even more if it here slightly more orange.