CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Apr 11 2012, 12:58 PM)
The only thing I'm not happy about is the delayed release date. Let's see, the new date is Tuesday, June 12th, just 5 days before Father's Day. Coincidence? Dang marketers. rage.gif

2 days after my birthday...they must've did it just for me. laugh.gif

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 11 2012, 09:19 AM)
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548922_2769013759558_1684384557_1864754_569744713_n.jpg

Love it, new background on the computer. Looks awesome!

As for the Red album cover. I am pumped because it will make for some great Rush Tees. My older red/with logos was my favorite and it's worn out, couldn't find replacement.

Sounds great, but it's such a tease and want MORE!

Songtrack titles are very enticing and the concept is reminiscent of Steampunk mixed with the fantasy novel (series), "Name of the Wind".

Haven't had time to read all the posts here, but will tonight.... In the meantime.....

WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am LOVING this.... Ged is on fire. That bass lick is just insane! Alex is ripping and Neil's playing is furious....

The guys can't possibly play at this pace for an entire song, let alone an entire gig, but based on what I'm hearing here, I need to start working on my cardio to be ready for the shows.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Apr 11 2012, 12:04 PM)
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548922_2769013759558_1684384557_1864754_569744713_n.jpg

As for the Red album cover. I am pumped because it will make for some great Rush Tees. My older red/with logos was my favorite and it's worn out, couldn't find replacement.

Songtrack titles are very enticing and the concept is reminiscent of Steampunk mixed with the fantasy novel (series), "Name of the Wind".

I like this image better for the cover myself. (It's now my computer wallpaper as well).

QUOTE (Phantom @ Apr 11 2012, 12:04 PM)
The guys can't possibly play at this pace for an entire song

Huh?? They arent playing anything there that's difficult at all. I dont think they would have any problems playing stuff like that for a long time.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM)
The only thing I'm not happy about is the delayed release date. Let's see, the new date is Tuesday, June 12th, just 5 days before Father's Day. Coincidence? Dang marketers. rage.gif

I cannot get over that this complaint happens ever single time. Nothing has been delayed, just like the TMT dvd and every other dvd and CD this past decade Amazon and other 3rd party retailers put up dates early and they are simply projections. They are not release dates and no one at either Roadrunner or close to the band has ever said it was coming out on May 29th. This has nothing to do with Rush, they do this commonly with everything they sell. June 12th is the official date on the press release and it's the only announced date we've ever gotten, if it doesn't come out on that day then people can say it's been delayed.

The guys can't possibly play at this pace for an entire song, let alone an entire gig, but based on what I'm hearing here, I need to start working on my cardio to be ready for the shows.

Why not...?

its not that fast man......

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 11:09 AM)

Huh?? They arent playing anything there that's difficult at all. I dont think they would have any problems playing stuff like that for a long time.

Agreed, but beyond that they said early on that it will have much mellower stuff on it, too. I hope people aren't assuming the whole album will sound like that clip.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 11 2012, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM)
The only thing I'm not happy about is the delayed release date.  Let's see, the new date is Tuesday, June 12th, just 5 days before Father's Day.  Coincidence?  Dang marketers.    rage.gif

I cannot get over that this complaint happens ever single time. Nothing has been delayed, just like the TMT dvd and every other dvd and CD this past decade Amazon and other 3rd party retailers put up dates early and they are simply projections. They are not release dates and no one at either Roadrunner or close to the band has ever said it was coming out on May 29th. This has nothing to do with Rush, they do this commonly with everything they sell. June 12th is the official date on the press release and it's the only announced date we've ever gotten, if it doesn't come out on that day then people can say it's been delayed.

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant, brother.

rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 11 2012, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 11:09 AM)

Agreed, but beyond that they said early on that it will have much mellower stuff on it, too. I hope people aren't assuming the whole album will sound like that clip.

Who knows. There wasnt exactly a ton of variety on VT or S&A. That clip sounds fairly similar to what we heard on Caravan and BU2B, none of which is difficult to play at all so they could easily just jam this sort of thing out every night at a show with no problems.

This isnt even remotely close to being complex like say Dream Theater stuff, and even those guys are getting old and have no problems playing their own stuff regularly which is just on a whole other level of difficulty Rush has never approached. My point is Rush could play stuff like that clip for hours and hours.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 11 2012, 01:08 PM)

I like this image better for the cover myself. (It's now my computer wallpaper as well).

We have a third for the computer wallpaper thing.

Love it! yes.gif

The album is long overdue IMO.

I dont know if it had the same effect on you guys, but it's now 2:20 in the afternoon here in Rio and I could hardly get anything done at work today so far, due to all the buzz about the new album. I'm here looking at the screen and all I can think about is how CA will sound...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 11 2012, 12:18 PM)
I dont know if it had the same effect on you guys, but it's now 2:20 in the afternoon here in Rio and I could hardly get anything done at work today so far, due to all the buzz about the new album. I'm here looking at the screen and all I can think about is how CA will sound...

Nothing wrong with that. Its been a very long time since a Rush album really delivered on the hype for me so Im just kind of hanging back in the wings, not really expecting anything too great.

Of course I hope it is, but I wont let myself get all fired up just to be let down like I usually am so the old expect the worst hope for the best routine for me. Theyve turned me into a pessimist with pretty much everything since the late 80s.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 11 2012, 12:16 PM)

Love it! yes.gif

Yep, I love this image (A Clockwork Ocean?), and immediately made it my wallpaper as well. 1022.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 12:23 PM)

Nothing wrong with that. Its been a very long time since a Rush album really delivered on the hype for me so Im just kind of hanging back in the wings, not really expecting anything too great.

Of course I hope it is, but I wont let myself get all fired up just to be let down like I usually am so the old expect the worst hope for the best routine for me. Theyve turned me into a pessimist with pretty much everything since the late 80s.

Better to have low expectations which allow you to be pleasantly surprised, than to have unrealistic and unattainable expectations that guarantee you'll be disappointed.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 12:23 PM)

Better to have low expectations which allow you to be pleasantly surprised, than to have unrealistic and unattainable expectations that guarantee you'll be disappointed.

Expectations low or high, discussing Rush is far more pleasant than focusing on work...if only I was paid to discuss our favorite band... sad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 11 2012, 12:16 PM)

Love it! yes.gif

Yep, I love this image (A Clockwork Ocean?), and immediately made it my wallpaper as well. 1022.gif

If it were the proper size and aspect ratio for my monitor, I'd use it, too. But it's nowhere near good enough for a 1920x1200 display.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 11 2012, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 11 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 11 2012, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 11 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:08 AM)
I hope that is not the actual album cover new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Its terrible but its just a cover. Not too important.

I actually still like it...BUT...like I mentioned when it first appeared, I would've liked to see it without any names or writing on it.

Just the red clouds with the clock.

Either way...I'm good with it. Plus, we all just want one thing...for the album to ROCK! 1022.gif

i think everyone just needs to make their peace with the cover and look forward to a CD booklet full of beautiful artwork smile.gif

I have. yes.gif

smile.gif

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561804_2982277396274_1242135200_32074282_275602289_n.jpg

Congratulations. You did everything right except you left .com on the Rush name.

I suck at photoshop. I got the images but I can't do sh*t with them.