CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! What a way to wake up! Somebody wake up Ed, there's still nothing on RIAB laugh.gif I almost didn't believe it, with the track listing. A song called Carnies? Almost sounds like a joke title, but, I was brought up to believe that all things Rush will make sense in the end. Or at least, there will be a reason for it.

I like the album cover. The counter clockwise swirl effect of the clouds. On the clip, the clouds and clock run clockwise however.

The clip rocks. Really rocks. Yes metal. Son of Bastile Day there. Wow.. what a way to wake up. Blood is flowing faster.

Good Morning biggrin.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif trink38.gif 2.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 11 2012, 05:55 AM)
WOW!!! What a way to wake up! Somebody wake up Ed, there's still nothing on RIAB laugh.gif I almost didn't believe it, with the track listing. A song called Carnies? Almost sounds like a joke title, but, I was brought up to believe that all things Rush will make sense in the end. Or at least, there will be a reason for it.

I like the album cover. The counter clockwise swirl effect of the clouds. On the clip, the clouds and clock run clockwise however.

The clip rocks. Really rocks. Yes metal. Son of Bastile Day there. Wow.. what a way to wake up. Blood is flowing faster.

Good Morning biggrin.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif trink38.gif 2.gif bncegrn.gif

The Carnies is probably the song about what Neil mentioned a while back. If i'm not mistaken there is a carnival ( doh.gif ) or something of that nature that was talked about.

Still... 1022.gif

Wow!!!!

Could it be? Could RUSH put out an album that almost all the fans will enjoy?

That clip to me sounded AMAZING! Granted, like someone pointed out...it's just a clip, but I like what I have heard so far...all 30 seconds of it! yes.gif

April 19th can't get here fast enough!!!

I was initially annoyed that they would "most likely" release the radio edit for sale, then hold out the album version...but right now, I don't care how they do it!

And with a price of $19 on Amazon for the album, it's leading me to believe this is gonna be 2 discs!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although it does say in the description "Number of Discs: 1", but Amazon often does this when they don't have all the info....so hopefully 2 discs!!!)

I can't wait! PLEASE SOMEONE JUST LEAK THE FREAKING THING ALREADY!

drool1.gif

QUOTE (Strangiato @ Apr 11 2012, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 11 2012, 05:55 AM)
WOW!!! What a way to wake up! Somebody wake up Ed, there's still nothing on RIAB  laugh.gif  I almost didn't believe it, with the track listing. A song called Carnies? Almost sounds like a joke title, but, I was brought up to believe that all things Rush will make sense in the end. Or at least, there will be a reason for it.

Good Morning  biggrin.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif coffee.gif trink38.gif 2.gif  bncegrn.gif

The Carnies is probably the song about what Neil mentioned a while back. If i'm not mistaken there is a carnival ( doh.gif ) or something of that nature that was talked about.

Still... 1022.gif

Maybe it will be an instrumental. Or perhaps it will be a Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! type song. Full of metal 1022.gif

Sonically, it sounds amazing!!

Production-wise it's incredible and in particular Alex's guitar kicks tons of ass!

Sounds really good and on the metal side. Maybe Nick has been a big influence again.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 11 2012, 07:26 AM)
There's so much red on the rumoured cover that whenever I look at it I think of Slayer's World Painted Blood.

I keep thinking Hold Your Fire in a blender.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 11 2012, 07:00 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 11 2012, 07:26 AM)
There's so much red on the rumoured cover that whenever I look at it I think of Slayer's World Painted Blood.

I keep thinking Hold Your Fire in a blender.

In their old age they couldn't hold it anymore..

I just knew that Rush would come through with some rocking tunes. Can't wait for the release in June and the radio edit soon. A great time to be a hardcore Rush fan that DOES NOT HIT THE SKIP BUTTON!! 2.gif

Sounds clean, and raw! Neil is back, Alex is jamming, and Geddy is cutting through like never before! I hear Bastille Day clearly in the song, specially when alex is jamming alone and Geddy and Neil come in on the accents!

Prog Metal is Back!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

"Clockwork Angels" track list:

1. Caravan

2. BU2B

3. Clockwork Angels

4. The Anarchist

5. Carnies

6. Halo Effect

7. Seven Cities Of Gold

8. The Wreckers

9. Headlong Flight

10. BU2B2

11. Wish Them Well

12. The Garden

To me it seems that the entire track list is part of the Clockwork Angels Suite!

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Apr 11 2012, 06:06 AM)
And with a price of $19 on Amazon for the album, it's leading me to believe this is gonna be 2 discs!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although it does say in the description "Number of Discs: 1", but Amazon often does this when they don't have all the info....so hopefully 2 discs!!!)

I didn't think it would be 2 discs when it was 7 or 8 tracks but 12???? And at least one of them being over 10 minutes and HF being 7 and a half????? We may very well get 2 discs!!!!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 11 2012, 07:40 AM)
Sounds clean, and raw! Neil is back, Alex is jamming, and Geddy is cutting through like never before!

Prog Metal is Back!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

"Clockwork Angels" track list:

1. Caravan
2. BU2B
3. Clockwork Angels
4. The Anarchist
5. Carnies
6. Halo Effect
7. Seven Cities Of Gold
8. The Wreckers
9. Headlong Flight
10. BU2B2
11. Wish Them Well
12. The Garden

To me it seems that the entire track list is part of the Clockwork Angels Suite!

confused13.gif

Exactly what I was thinking and if it is, and it all sounds like this... I wouldn't mind hearing the whole album on the next tour, I don't care how much of the setlist it takes up! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

If I was gonna rip on RUSH for one thing, it would be RUSH.com.

It looks AMAZINGLY cool.

But has one bit of any of the news we have gotten come from RUSH.com?

Even the little video refers back to RUSH.com and you go there and nothing.

I don't really care because I know with TRF and RIAB as well as the other RUSH sites, you find out quick. But lately, you want new RUSH news...go ANYWHERE else but RUSH.com. Granted it says coming this June...RUSH.com on the clip, but wouldn't RUSH prefer people having to go to their website to see the clip? But we find out about the album cover, the track list AND the 30 sec clip from Billboard.com?

I don't know...I'm not bitching about it...it just makes NO sense to me. Wouldn't you want to find out anything about RUSH from RUSH.com? Because lately, the last place I check for RUSH info is RUSH.com. Maybe it's some marketing reason that I just don't get, like have all the info "leak" out to other sources, but not "confirm" it on the official site to create a buzz???? I don't know...but it sure doesn't make much sense to me.