pre-order on amazon

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 8 2012, 11:16 PM)
YEAH NEW ALBUM YEAH!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

.... I just thought one of us should be excited or something

confused13.gif

goodpost.gif

The first release I bought by Rush was "A Farewell to Kings" way back in 1977 and I loved it.

The last release I bought by Rush was "Snakes and Arrows" in 2007 and I loved it as well.

In the 30 years between the two I have been super excited for each release along the way.

Like the rest, I can't wait until May for "Clockwork Angels" to finally be released!

It is going to be a great year to be a Rush fan!

~Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 8 2012, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 8 2012, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:01 PM)
Pre-ordered. smile.gif

Gonna be my first new Rush album since becoming a fan! biggrin.gif

Congrats! Hope it's a killer one for you 1022.gif

Good chance it may kill his interest in Rush.

Just because you are one of the few that doesn't like the new tracks don't try to speak for everybody else. Much better chance it will be killer for him being that 99% of youtube loves the new tracks.

goodpost.gif Sick of the haters. moon.gif

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Mar 9 2012, 12:57 AM)
amazon pre order no more!!

angry.gif Why would the band make them take it down now unless the plan is now to push it back even farther than May? This has officially got to the ridiculous stage. All I can say is they better be sitting on a masterpiece. I wish Amazon would quit posting dates. You think you know a release date and then it changes again wtf.gif

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 9 2012, 01:22 AM)
QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Mar 9 2012, 12:57 AM)
amazon pre order no more!!

angry.gif Why would the band make them take it down now unless the plan is now to push it back even farther than May? This has officially got to the ridiculous stage. All I can say is they better be sitting on a masterpiece. I wish Amazon would quit posting dates. You think you know a release date and then it changes again wtf.gif

The page is still there, it just doesn't have a pre-order option anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007I2BZIE?tag=estengercom-20

No need to worry, I know it's been a painful wait but if the release date is accurate, we're bound to hear an official announcement within the next couple of weeks.

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Mar 9 2012, 02:49 AM)
I cancelled mine yesterday just because I'd much rather get it in person.

Good call.

One, you don't have to worry about a shipping problem or delay.

And two, you know if you go on the 29th of May, you will inevitably run into a fellow RUSH fan.

"Everyone would gather

on the twenty (ninth) of May

standing in the isle at the Best Buy

Clockwork Angels display"

I usually wear one of my RUSH baseball hats daily, but save the RUSH shirts for certain occasions. Even I don't want to look like super fanboy (yeah, I know that's hard to believe!) at the grocery store or the bank. But on that day I will be wearing a RUSH hat and shirt and I think it will be cool to run into another RUSH fan, especially a fellow TRF RUSH fan!

Well...looks like the Amazon fun has already started:

waffen093.gif http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/gobrownstd54/Clockwork-Angels-unavailable-amazon.jpg

Edited to say: Didn't see the other posts announcing CA being "unavailable".

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

You're overreacting, P:ARF. A lot. You had one bad experience and you've turned to bashing the entire online ordering process.

I'm not going to type another long response, and I'd encourage people to read previous responses before accepting 'Amazon sucks for new releases' as fact.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Mar 9 2012, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 8 2012, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 8 2012, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:48 PM)
Pre-ordered. smile.gif

Congrats! Hope it's a killer one for you 1022.gif

Good chance it may kill his interest in Rush.

Just because you are one of the few that doesn't like the new tracks don't try to speak for everybody else. Much better chance it will be killer for him being that 99% of youtube loves the new tracks.

goodpost.gif Sick of the haters. moon.gif

Blame ultimately lies within Rush, Inc. I'm only making my honest and accurate assessment of their recent track record

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 9 2012, 09:43 AM)
You're overreacting, P:ARF. A lot. You had one bad experience and you've turned to bashing the entire online ordering process.

I'm not going to type another long response, and I'd encourage people to read previous responses before accepting 'Amazon sucks for new releases' as fact.

Easy...I am a HUGE Amazon fan. I have an Amazon Prime account and order just about everything from Amazon. If it wasn't for Amazon, my family wouldn't get very many Christmas gifts!!! laugh.gif I also order just about every DVD, book or CD that I don't want asap like CA. If you want to see how much I love Amazon, go to this thread and just read my OP:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=71689

That said, they do this alot with new release stuff. I'm not bad mouthing Amazon as a company, I'm just saying you should get CA at the store and not wait for it to ship. That's all.

Jeesh, wasn't trying to start a war about Amazon. Guess I shoulda left off the little machine gun guy! laugh.gif

It's not a war, we're just disagreeing about the effectiveness of Amazon's business when it comes to new releases. They advertise day-of-release arrival of new releases, and I have yet to have that fail me. It has failed you, but that's not the norm.

I know it looks like they're playing games, but when it comes right down to it, what does it matter? We're still two months out from the release, so their system is being updated with information as it gets to them. They don't charge anyone anything until an item ships, so why all the drama?

The pre-order I placed two days ago is still in the system. When the item gets updated, it'll still be valid. And like I said earlier, I'll be listening even earlier, whenever it gets leaked. Lossless files are quite commonly available. So it doesn't much matter if the shipment is late - but like I said, that's never been an issue in my experience.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 9 2012, 10:15 AM)
It's not a war, we're just disagreeing about the effectiveness of Amazon's business when it comes to new releases. They advertise day-of-release arrival of new releases, and I have yet to have that fail me. It has failed you, but that's not the norm.

I know it looks like they're playing games, but when it comes right down to it, what does it matter? We're still two months out from the release, so their system is being updated with information as it gets to them. They don't charge anyone anything until an item ships, so why all the drama?

The pre-order I placed two days ago is still in the system. When the item gets updated, it'll still be valid. And like I said earlier, I'll be listening even earlier, whenever it gets leaked. Lossless files are quite commonly available. So it doesn't much matter if the shipment is late - but like I said, that's never been an issue in my experience.

Gotcha. I've been burnt twice on RUSH DVDs, so that is why I don't like ordering RUSH stuff from them. But otherwise, I am a firm believer in Amazon and live off that Prime membership with free 2 day shipping.

What I got burned on was the TMT DVD, but I wasn't in any hurry to get it and I don't believe it was their fault, but I could have just canceled it and went down to Best Buy. But since I was so sick that I missed the TMT taping in Cleveland, I was willing to wait.

The other time was for that Moving Pictures/2112 Classic Albums DVD/BluRay combo. I preordered it for $27.99 and they have that low price guarantee. Well luckily I saw the price drop down to $22.99 (which by the way, both prices are a steal, it's now at $35 I think) but anyway they didn't give me the low price so I called and the rep had no clue what the lowest price was, so I just told him what I saw and he gave me the refund. But if I didn't happen to catch it, I would have lost out.

So not major deals, certainly not enough to make me not use Amazon almost once a week, I even buy grocery type items because of that free 2 day shipping with the Prime account.

So we will agree Amazon is great, but disagree on getting RUSH thru the preorder!

trink39.gif

I didn't read through all five pages but unless you absolutely have no other option when it comes to getting a brand new album, I don't see the point in ordering it from amazon. You can go to the local Best Buy the day of release and have it right away. Plus, they always have a sale price on new releases the first week.

I'm willing to even bet that Target and Walmart will have it on the release date. They won't carry the album for much longer after that but on the day it comes out they more than likely will have it to.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I'm willing to even bet that Target and Walmart will have it on the release date. They won't carry the album for much longer after that but on the day it comes out they more than likely will have it to.

When S&A came out, and when the TM live CD came out, neither Wal Mart nor Target had it in my little pissant town. Even Best Buy didnt. So pre-ordering from Amazon is exactly what I will be doing. I get burned by the retail chains every time.

And Amazon is good about getting me stuff the day of release.

Edited by wilb1972

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Mar 9 2012, 10:18 AM)

When S&A came out, and when the TM live CD came out, neither Wal Mart nor Target had it in my little pissant town. Even Best Buy didnt. So pre-ordering from Amazon is exactly what I will be doing. I get burned by the retail chains every time.

And Amazon is good about getting me stuff the day of release.

Well, guess certian areas might have different problems than others when it comes to that. I was able to get the new Anthrax album when it came out at Target. If they carried that then they should get the new Rush since their album sales are always respectable and it's an easy way for the store to make money when a new album is out.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Well, guess certian areas might have different problems than others when it comes to that

Yea, my biggest problem is that I live in the south, where anything outside of Zeppelin, The Eagles, AC/DC or Lynyrd Skynyrd gets strange looks from a lot of people when I ask about Rush. "Who?" "No, not the Who, Ruuussshhhhh....." Or they say, "Yea, we had a few, but they sold out." A few??? Meanwhile, I trip over their HUGE display of Lady GaGa CD's on my way out...

Do what you like with this one, but if Rush puts out another CD in a few years, you might not have the option of getting it locally... the state of local CD retailers is pretty sad right now and only getting worse. Embrace online ordering tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 8 2012, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Mar 8 2012, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 8 2012, 01:20 PM)
Pre-ordered. smile.gif

When was that ? Last week ohmy.gif

Huh?

Get it ? Your Young wink.gif

Ah, okay. Lol, I was a little slow getting that tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 9 2012, 02:17 PM)
I pre-ordered this through Amazon as well.

Under order details it now says...

Delivery Estimate: Friday June 1, 2012 - Tuesday June 5, 2012

Yikes!

Odd, mine still says Tuesday May 29, 2012. :S

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Mar 10 2012, 01:02 PM)
Now the Amazon listing release date is removed, and the Best Buy listing is gone completely. Hopefully an official announcement is imminent.

Here's your announcement

"The new album has been cancelled! Neil had second thoughts and decided it wasn't preachy enough. Geddy also decided he regrets not adding in the "ooooo"s and "ahhhhh"s. Alex wants to remove the autotune from Ged's voice for an overall "elderly" sound."