pre-order on amazon

RUSHFREAK101

Amazon is notorious for this. I pre-ordered the TMT BluRay and it took about 2 months after the release for it to be shipped. When I called the guy on the phone, while he did say, "hey, you need your Geddy Lee" (I was thinking what about Alex and Neil!) but he couldn't tell me anything other than it was still on preorder. I wasn't in any hurry as I was still hurt that I missed the TMT taping in Cleveland, so I just waited for it to arrive.

Then again, I want to believe it will be out on the 29th! I will just get it at a music store this time.

And on the price, even if it's $19 I will get it. I'm sure there will be something special about it to warrant the price. But even if not, I'm still gonna get it!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 7 2012, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 7 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 7 2012, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 7 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 7 2012, 01:22 PM)
INB4 people who do the preorder bitch about not getting the CD on the release date, while those of us who smart enough to wait get it at Best Buy the minute it goes on sale on the 29th. tongue.gif

Right, except that Amazon will deliver it the day of release and it'll be cheaper than you can get it at Best Buy, guaranteed.

The Best Buy near me sells New Releases for $9.99 . Pre- sales Blow and i have always gotten it 2 or 3 days late . Not anymore

Amazon will almost always ship it late unless you pay for the 2 day delivery on preorders... it even says on its site:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

I have pre-ordered plenty of books, movies and CDs and have rarely received it on the day it it released with the SuperSaver shipping, but have always got it the day it is released when using my free trial of Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping).

You're absolutely right. I should have specified that. As an Amazon Prime member, I get the 2-day by default and I've been with Prime for so long that I sometimes forget that it's not the norm. Thanks for the reminder smile.gif

Amazon Prime is the best deal around! I love it, especially around Christmas. Two day free shipping on just about everything for only $79 a year! You can't beat that with a stick! Of course you have to use Amazon alot, which I do, to make it worth it.

Oh and danielmclark, did you know you get free streaming of movies with that Prime membership? If you have a bluray or Roku that does live streaming, you can get free movies and alot of documentaries streamed free. Granted the "free" movies are very old, but some of the documentaries are good ones.

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Mar 7 2012, 08:26 PM)
Do you guys think I should order it on Amazon or wait for the Rush.com website to offer some sort of pre-order?

Honestly, I think you should just buy it at the store if you don't want to wait a day or a couple days. The Rush store is in Canada so you have that shipping wait too. If you want it as soon as it comes out, you should just go to your local music store when they open and get it. If you don't mind the wait, you might be ok with waiting on the RUSH store to see if they offer some cool package deal. With Amazon, you are rolling the dice that they won't push back the date like they did with TMT BluRay. As I said, I preordered TMT from Amazon and got it in December, along time after everyone else had it. But I didn't mind because I was still so crushed from missing the actual show in Cleveland.

You could always preordered it from Amazon and again, if you don't mind the wait for shipping, and then if they start pushing back the date, just cancel the preorder and buy it at the store. Also, one cool thing, although you kinda have to watch the price, if you preorder it at the current price and they lower it to say $14.99, they are supposed to give you the lower price. Although once they didn't and I had to call them and then they gave me the credit.

So all that said, if you want it asap, just buy it at the store the day it's released.

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Mar 7 2012, 08:03 PM)
Why pay postage when your local stores will carry it?

Not all local stores will carry it, and the more time goes by, the fewer CDs stores will stock. Have you been to a Best Buy lately? I was there for the first time in - literally - about 5 years just last week. My friend was looking for a Monkees CD in memoriam of Davy Jones. The selection for "Rock/Pop" was one short aisle and you practically couldn't find anything more obscure than Madonna, U2 and Justin Beiber.

On a lark, I checked out which CDs they had from Rush. They had two copies of Gold, two copies of 2112, one each of Moving Pictures, Hemispheres and Snakes and Arrows. That's it.

They'll probably have Clockwork Angels... but should Rush put out a new album in, say, 2015? I'd wager Best Buy won't carry it - because I suspect Best Buy won't be carrying any more music by then.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 7 2012, 06:41 PM)
Oh and danielmclark, did you know you get free streaming of movies with that Prime membership? If you have a bluray or Roku that does live streaming, you can get free movies and alot of documentaries streamed free. Granted the "free" movies are very old, but some of the documentaries are good ones.

I haven't, but I should. I pay for Netflix streaming, so I need to compare the selection at both and see if it's worth keeping up.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 7 2012, 09:32 PM)

Not all local stores will carry it, and the more time goes by, the fewer CDs stores will stock. Have you been to a Best Buy lately? I was there for the first time in - literally - about 5 years just last week. My friend was looking for a Monkees CD in memoriam of Davy Jones. The selection for "Rock/Pop" was one short aisle and you practically couldn't find anything more obscure than Madonna, U2 and Justin Beiber.

On a lark, I checked out which CDs they had from Rush. They had two copies of Gold, two copies of 2112, one each of Moving Pictures, Hemispheres and Snakes and Arrows. That's it.

They'll probably have Clockwork Angels... but should Rush put out a new album in, say, 2015? I'd wager Best Buy won't carry it - because I suspect Best Buy won't be carrying any more music by then.

My best-buy is the same way, it's like the employees haven't tended to the music section in years.. I hope they will have CA unsure.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Mar 7 2012, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 7 2012, 09:32 PM)

My best-buy is the same way, it's like the employees haven't tended to the music section in years.. I hope they will have CA unsure.gif

I was at a Best Buy the other day, and just out of curiosity I checked out the CD section to see which Rush albums they had. It was typical fare (MP, 2112, a couple of others) in the main Rock/Pop area, but then when I took a look in the "bargain" area (or whatever they call the shelves where everything is $4.99), there were plenty of Rush CDs, including some very unlikely ones like Hold Your Fire. And, interestingly enough, I know this wasn't stuff that had been sitting around for a while that they were just trying to dump, because I was at the same location and took a look at their Rush stuff not too long ago.

(Not that any of this contradicts danielmclark's points; I think he's right on the money. I just thought it was interesting and kinda neat that there was a lot of Rush stuff available there. They were even selling a Rush t-shirt. biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 7 2012, 10:51 PM)
I really hope this cd is at least above average.

Odds are for you and probably 20% of the other fans, it won't be. So don't get your hopes up. no.gif

bekloppt.gif

Edited to say: That 20% is shooting way low. Probably be more like 40%

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

i think im gonna wait for an official pre-order. do you guys think that there will be some official pre-order bundle? this is also my first real Rush album-release experience. i became a fan shortly after the snakes and arrows tour went through Regina, SK.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 7 2012, 11:22 AM)
INB4 people who do the preorder bitch about not getting the CD on the release date, while those of us who smart enough to wait get it at Best Buy the minute it goes on sale on the 29th. tongue.gif

if anything they'll get it earlier

i got my days of grays cd and shirt 14 days before us release for 20 bucks. i scored.

also: l2inb4

While I am an Amazon freak and have an Amazon Prime membership, there is NO WAY I am pre-ordering this on Amazon. For one, the odds of getting it the day it comes out, even with two day shipping is low.

Second, sometimes they get so overwhelmed your order gets delayed. On the TMT BluRay, Amazon still had it on pre-order after it was out in the stores for like a month. Granted it was because of problems with the discs, but it's not worth the wait unless you aren't by a Best Buy or music store.

And the price is ridiculous. Maybe it's because it will be a two disc set or they will give you a book or something with it, but they are supposed to give you the lowest price even after you pre-order, if the price goes down, they are supposed to lower it. In my experience, if you don't watch the price fluctuations, you may end up paying more. Once I preordered Rush-2112+Moving Pictures Classic Album Special Edition (DVD/BluRay/2CD) for $27.99 and had to call and get them to give me the lowest price with their "Pre-order Low Price guarantee" and the cust serv rep had no clue what the lowest the price was, so I had to tell him the lowest price I saw, which was $22.99 (who knows, it could have went even lower). If I wouldn't have caught that, I would have paid $5 more (I shoulda said it was $10 less!) Anyway, anyone on the fence as to whether to pre-order, I say go to your local record store!

And if you did pre-order, you can cancel it at any time!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 8 2012, 12:23 AM)
While I am an Amazon freak and have an Amazon Prime membership, there is NO WAY I am pre-ordering this on Amazon. For one, the odds of getting it the day it comes out, even with two day shipping is low.

Second, sometimes they get so overwhelmed your order gets delayed. On the TMT BluRay, Amazon still had it on pre-order after it was out in the stores for like a month. Granted it was because of problems with the discs, but it's not worth the wait unless you aren't by a Best Buy or music store.

And the price is ridiculous. Maybe it's because it will be a two disc set or they will give you a book or something with it, but they are supposed to give you the lowest price even after you pre-order, if the price goes down, they are supposed to lower it. In my experience, if you don't watch the price fluctuations, you may end up paying more. Once I preordered Rush-2112+Moving Pictures Classic Album Special Edition (DVD/BluRay/2CD) for $27.99 and had to call and get them to give me the lowest price with their "Pre-order Low Price guarantee" and the cust serv rep had no clue what the lowest the price was, so I had to tell him the lowest price I saw, which was $22.99 (who knows, it could have went even lower). If I wouldn't have caught that, I would have paid $5 more (I shoulda said it was $10 less!) Anyway, anyone on the fence as to whether to pre-order, I say go to your local record store!

And if you did pre-order, you can cancel it at any time!

Thank you for the heads up!

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Mar 8 2012, 01:54 AM)
i think im gonna wait for an official pre-order. do you guys think that there will be some official pre-order bundle? this is also my first real Rush album-release experience. i became a fan shortly after the snakes and arrows tour went through Regina, SK.

Even if there's a bundle or another version to be ordered, you can cancel your pre-order and get the other one. You don't get charged until the item ships, so there's no reason not to pre-order this one.