VH - The Trouble with Never and Blood and Fire

Rod in Toronto

You can forget a Black Sabbath reunion album, almost certain that ain't happening

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 3 2012, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2012, 03:07 AM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Feb 3 2012, 12:00 AM)
Didn't think I'd have any interest in this album after hearing Tattoo, but it's actually really good. Quite a pleasant surprise!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

If that's the case, the last year of the worlds existence will be a bad one for music. atickhum.gif

Forget Tattoo, listen to the Full songs on You Tube

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 3 2012, 10:20 AM)
Didn't think I'd have any interest in this album after hearing Tattoo, but it's actually really good. Quite a pleasant surprise!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

If that's the case, the last year of the worlds existence will be a bad one for music. atickhum.gif

and Frosty the snowman?

but seriously, "Truth-Outta Space" is the best one I've heard thus far.

To say "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!" in capitol letters... now that I can't take serious.

I will try and keep an open mind moving forward, but the homers make it hard to be objective.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 3 2012, 10:14 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

and Frosty the snowman?

To say "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!" in capitol letters... now that I can't take serious.

I will try and keep an open mind moving forward, but the homers make it hard to be objective.

As Is , great song. Kind of hard to call it Album of the year when we are in Feb laugh.gif but you gotta love Earl

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 3 2012, 11:17 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

and Frosty the snowman?

As Is , great song. Kind of hard to call it Album of the year when we are in Feb laugh.gif but you gotta love Earl

"As is" sounds good.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 3 2012, 08:27 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

and Frosty the snowman?

"As is" sounds good.

yes.gif

1022.gif

I really like Outta Space. I can't get enough of that one.

I'm actually going old school on this release: going to the store and buying a CD on release day.

I haven't done that in a long time. I think this is a worthy event.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Feb 3 2012, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 3 2012, 08:27 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

and Frosty the snowman?

"As is" sounds good.

yes.gif

1022.gif

I really like Outta Space. I can't get enough of that one.

I'm actually going old school on this release: going to the store and buying a CD on release day.

I haven't done that in a long time. I think this is a worthy event.

trink39.gif

Hell Yes 1022.gif

Part of what's working on me subconsciously I think (beyond just being some flat out rockers) are some little things, most notably notice that there are no rhythm guitars under lead (solo) breaks. Even EVH, who initially hated overdubs, came to use them...and albums were often guitar THICK. Listen, in Outta Space for instance, how freed up you are to hear the drums and bass during Edward's solo. That's so old school VH. I love it. I love that you can hear some bass on a Van Halen record again and that the three instruments are clear and doing their own things under solos. It's a small-but-effective and, I feel, signature aspect to the old sound.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 3 2012, 01:07 PM)
Part of what's working on me subconsciously I think (beyond just being some flat out rockers) are some little things, most notably notice that there are no rhythm guitars under lead (solo) breaks. Even EVH, who initially hated overdubs, came to use them...and albums were often guitar THICK. Listen, in Outta Space for instance, how freed up you are to hear the drums and bass during Edward's solo. That's so old school VH. I love it. I love that you can hear some bass on a Van Halen record again and that the three instruments are clear and doing their own things under solos. It's a small-but-effective and, I feel, signature aspect to the old sound.

Like I said, the swing and flow, it's back.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 3 2012, 01:07 PM)

goodpost.gif

For me, more on a personal level, it's great to see Eddie and Dave working together again. Right when it came out, 1984 was one of the first rock/heavy metal I bought, and became a fan since then. Seeing Eddie recovering from his drug/alcohol abuse, finally looking well, shredding it up in a convincing way (which he ALMOST got to do in the reunion tour, but his playing was kind of shaky on a few clips I saw), is a victory on its own, even if the whole record sucked.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 3 2012, 12:07 PM)

And unless I'm mistaken... not a keyboard in sight.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 3 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 3 2012, 12:07 PM)

And unless I'm mistaken... not a keyboard in sight.

It 's hard to tell on bullshit speakers but I Think there is a tad on Tattoo confused13.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 3 2012, 01:50 PM)
I believe just that one song has keyboard flourishes, yes.

Ohh yeah. When I went to listen to the songs later I skipped that one because it never really grew on me. But yeah, just put it on and you're right of course.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 3 2012, 07:01 PM)
Love Trouble With Never, but why did Dave go f*** it all up with that long ass moronic speaking part?!?!?!

bitchslap.gif

Cause he's a f***ing moronic ass? confused13.gif

Love Trouble With Never, but why did Dave go f*** it all up with that long ass moronic speaking part?!?!?!

bitchslap.gif

Would you prefer it if he was talking about Cabo ?biggrin.gif

Speaking of which...

We went to Cabo San Lucas for our honeymoon (almost 20 years ago). We were walking by Cabo Wabo and there was a little A Frame sign outside that just said "Special Guests from Los Angeles Tonight" written in chalk like today's lunch special.

So of course I dragged my wife there, we had dinner and drinks, and about 11:30, Sammy and Michael Anthony came out. It was a good time. They played a couple of Montrose songs, along with other stuff.

So there you have it. I'm not sure it relates to this thread, but that's my story.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 5 2012, 11:58 AM)

bitchslap.gif

Would you prefer it if he was talking about Cabo ?biggrin.gif

No - I don't want the talk in there at all. It works in a couple songs, but more often than not... it's garbage.

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 6 2012, 12:48 PM)
While I enjoy listening to VH. I won't be buying it. It pissed me off the way Michael Anthony was treated. Replacing him with Eddie's son was just unforgivable. Just my opinion of course. cool.gif

I fully agree, but I'll be buying it anyway. This record will be too good to miss.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 6 2012, 12:51 PM)
While I enjoy listening to VH. I won't be buying it. It pissed me off the way Michael Anthony was treated. Replacing him with Eddie's son was just unforgivable. Just my opinion of course. cool.gif

I fully agree, but I'll be buying it anyway. This record will be too good to miss.

What they did to MA was very wrong but NOBODY ever went to a V.H. show for Mike

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 6 2012, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 6 2012, 12:51 PM)

What they did to MA was very wrong but NOBODY ever went to a V.H. show for Mike

Are you kidding? I loved his bass solo...

...not!!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif