VH - The Trouble with Never and Blood and Fire

Rod in Toronto

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 26 2012, 10:05 AM)
Anyone having trouble listening to the two new tunes from this link? I could before and now it seems only Tattoo is playing. Thoughts? sad.gif

It's still working fine here.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 26 2012, 10:44 AM)
I get the impression that many people would love this album even if it were complete crap just because it is something new (with DLR) laugh.gif

I agree, to a certain extend. People WANT this album to be good. And in all honesty, I like what I've heard so far. In fact, the worst thing I've heard off the new album is Tattoo, but the rest of the songs are great.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 26 2012, 10:52 AM)
I get the impression that many people would love this album even if it were complete crap just because it is something new (with DLR) laugh.gif

I agree, to a certain extend. People WANT this album to be good. And in all honesty, I like what I've heard so far. In fact, the worst thing I've heard off the new album is Tattoo, but the rest of the songs are great.

Even the Frosty one? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 26 2012, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 26 2012, 10:52 AM)

Even the Frosty one? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Stay Frosty was just a snippet...I'm not sure it's wise to comment on the few minutes I've heard, but it's not as bad as people are saying it is. It's a big nod to Ice Cream Man, which is kind of cool. But as soon as the song takes off, the snippet ends!

I think that a big part of wanting this record to be good is also related to being happy about Eddie finally overcoming his years of drug and alcohol abuse and finally being able to play and release albums again. It doesn't mean that the records will necessarily be hits, but as a fan and human being, I'm just ahppy to know he's ok.

I can't judge anything by a clip. Otherwise bands would simply write and record songs the length of ringtones...(or call themselves The Ramones, one). wink.gif A song, any song, needs the benefit of context. It's like reading any random two pages of a book and saying "this whole thing stinks."

That is a great DLR line. Hagar hasn't been that clever since....well...never.

Edited by Presto-digitation

Got good links. Listening now. wink.gif

Here's some direct links to the full versions of:

"The Trouble with Never"

http://www.box.com/s/80czjen6cfy48eacle5d

"Blood and Fire"

http://www.box.com/s/9r7ey98umqygoaf91m2m

Edited by Presto-digitation

bumper.gif

suck it...............

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 26 2012, 12:48 PM)
I don't know where people are coming from that they can't hear the bass. I sure can.

Especially on The Trouble With Never...Wolfie does a great job on that one!