VH - The Trouble with Never and Blood and Fire

Rod in Toronto

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 27 2012, 11:51 AM)
All of the songs in 30 second previews:

http://www.vanhalenradio.com/vanhalenradio...-all-the-songs/

Posting as WMA files = massive, epic FAIL. What kind of retard posts WMAs to a site like that? Sorry to be so harsh, but this is web design 101: don't alienate a significant portion of your users. Why not just require IE while you're at it?

Thanks for the link... but whoever runs that site made it 100x harder for me to actually use the site. Fking annoying.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 27 2012, 01:26 PM)
This album is heavier than expected. Tattoo is NOT the template. I'm just saying that. I dig that tune, don't get me wrong, but the big harry bastards were tucked away nicely...quietly.

MUCH heavier!!!!

"As Is" seems to be an instrumental track from what I could hear...it starts with a Baluchiterium vibe.

I like The Trouble with Never better than Blood and Fire. BaF seems a bit too repetitive, until you get to the solo. However, both of these songs are better than Tattoo.

I'm still not convinced that this album will appeal to more than those who are already VH enthusiasts.

Well I'm sure it'll be mostly snark from Sammy. I'd rather listen to this album take a shit than Chickenfoot though. Talk about irony from Hagar...commenting "it should sound better than it does." Touche bitch. You're in a band with Mike Anthony, Satch, and Chad Smith. Why isn't YOUR band better.

Christ...VH is paving more road here with a broken down singer and a fetus on bass.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jan 27 2012, 01:39 PM)
I like The Trouble with Never better than Blood and Fire. BaF seems a bit too repetitive, until you get to the solo. However, both of these songs are better than Tattoo.

I'm still not convinced that this album will appeal to more than those who are already VH enthusiasts.

Have you heard the samples on the link in this thread? Dude, this is the record of the year for me...unless Neil, Ged and Alex pull a "Moving Pictures part II" with Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 27 2012, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Jan 27 2012, 01:39 PM)
I like The Trouble with Never better than Blood and Fire.  BaF seems a bit too repetitive, until you get to the solo.  However, both of these songs are better than Tattoo.

Have you heard the samples on the link in this thread? Dude, this is the record of the year for me...unless Neil, Ged and Alex pull a "Moving Pictures part II" with Clockwork Angels.

Yeah, I've listened to them. It may be the album of the year for you but it seems kind of old hat to me. A lot of TTwN is downright boring, IMO. However, if you like it...it's all good, right?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 27 2012, 01:40 PM)
Well I'm sure it'll be mostly snark from Sammy. I'd rather listen to this album take a shit than Chickenfoot though. Talk about irony from Hagar...commenting "it should sound better than it does." Touche bitch. You're in a band with Mike Anthony, Satch, and Chad Smith. Why isn't YOUR band better.

Christ...VH is paving more road here with a broken down singer and a fetus on bass.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

I'm really inspired by these clips. They certainly pushed out the more melodic stuff (which I love...crave melody) first and hoarded the heavies. Unless something unfolds in these songs to make them sound like shit (and usually the clip is the underwhelming part), then it's a good sign. When 30 seconds turns you on, well...

Me too...and I tell you what, based on the samples, Dave's voice doesn't seem as shattered as I thought it'd be, Wolfie does a fine job on bass, Al is as solid as ever, and Eddie is back in shape and ripping it off like there's no tomorrow. The weak link, as it turns out, is none other than Tattoo!!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 27 2012, 02:05 PM)
Fellow just posted: After listening to the cd, you all are in for a surprise and will shut up alot of people. BIG RIVER COMING smile.gif....AS IS.......etc

Was that based on hearing the full songs?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 27 2012, 02:05 PM)
Fellow just posted: After listening to the cd, you all are in for a surprise and will shut up alot of people. BIG RIVER COMING smile.gif....AS IS.......etc

I like making my own opinions and refuse to buy into the hype. Too many fan boys (not in reference to anyone here, just in general) are skewing things.

These clips are decent, but really, they are just rehashing tired old grooves...that whole Bottoms Up/Im the One /Full Bug vibe...the difference being that it isnt 1979 anymore, and Roth sounds ridiculous trying to sing that way now..

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 27 2012, 03:56 PM)
These clips are decent, but really, they are just rehashing tired old grooves...that whole Bottoms Up/Im the One /Full Bug vibe...the difference being that it isnt 1979 anymore, and Roth sounds ridiculous trying to sing that way now..

I was expecting Dave to sound A LOT worse based on his last solo albums and videos of his solo career on youtube. But it works fine for me.