I had to euthanize my dog Sunday morning :( :(

nobodys hero

She'll be chasing cars in doggy heaven with my beautiful Greyhound Rocky, gone 2 years now. I still end up in tears thinking about him sometimes.

Console yourself with the knowledge that you gave Shiba a comfortable and loving home, and hopefully you will be able to do the same for another dog.

The pain will go away but the love and memories don't. Sniff....

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I got a nice note from the vet yesterday where she stated if it were her dog she would have done the same. She also made a donation in Shiba's name to a local dog park which I thought was nice.

((((nobody's hero))))

I'm so sorry.

We had an akita when we were first married. He was a pretty boy named Kiji. I can see he and your Shiba playing together right now.....

What an amazing gesture by your vet! So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a family member is always hard. sad.gif Giving an animal a dignified, pain-free exit like you did is a hard choice, but I believe it's the right one.

Too bad with modern medicine we don't always get to give our human family members the same dignity.

Feeling so sad and I didn't know where else to post this. What sad day. Had so say goodbye to my sweet, sweet friend who loved everyone she met. Lucky to have had her for 14 healthy, happy years.

Lily

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/jbugboogie/422a4ca89bf666be934b1da8fa5aebd6.jpg

Umoveme, I know more than I can tell you how you feel, and I'm so very sorry. This is little that is more sad than having to decide whether you should give your dog (or cat) more time or have their life ended. :hug2: And losing a loving and loyal companion of fourteen years too. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I can relate to your loss as many others probably can too. My sweet baby girl Lhasa Apso "Gordie" had 15 wonderful years with us. When the time came 3 years ago I couldn't even bring myself to do it. :boohoo: . I still miss her and am hoping your heart can feel the 14 years of joyous times with her to overpower your feeling of sadness and loss. :rose: :heart:
  • Like 1

I know you think you missed something, or you could have done more, or any one of a number of things

I know you did everything you could. By being caring and loving enough to know

her pain stopped and her trip home was easy

You did what a loving caring Mama would do. There's not really a whole lot anyone

can say that's gonna take your pain away though and I'm sorry about that.

I know exactly how you feel. And I share your pain

A pain shared is a pain halved.

:hug2:

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear of this especially with the holidays approaching. I hope you find comfort, somewhere, because I didn't, when I had to put down Peaches (below) last February. I am still beating myself up about not trying to do more. I had already spent $10,000, but that was our baby. I did find some solace with the song, "The Garden," especially when I heard it live.

I am sorry you had to go through this. At least the pup isn't in pain anymore, although I know that not much comfort.

• Like 2

I always think I could have done more too when I am faced with this decision, but sometimes there isn't any more that you can do. And if you do put off doing the inevitable, sometimes you inflict more pain and suffering, even though that isn't your intention. In the past I have gone to great lengths to save some of my cats, but they wind up dying a worse death eventually than they would have if I hadn't. Edited by Lorraine

I always think I could have done more top when I am faced with this decision, but sometimes there isn't any more that you can do. And if you do put off doing the inevitable, sometimes you inflict more pain and suffering, even though that isn't your intention. In the past I have gone to great lengths to save some of my cats, but they wind up dying a worse death eventually than they would have if I hadn't.

:hug2:

Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

-Rudyard Kipling

I am so sorry; I know how devoted you are to your dogs. There is nothing like having a dog for a friend, but their one flaw is that their lifespans are too short.

• Like 4

Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

-Rudyard Kipling

I am so sorry; I know how devoted you are to your dogs. There is nothing like having a dog for a friend, but their one flaw is that their lifespans are too short.

Another flaw is that they can't tell you where it hurts or describe their symptoms or tell you really how much pain they're in. f**k I can't talk about this right now .... sorry
  • Like 2

So sorry to hear about your poor doggie. May the Lord comfort you in your time of need.
  • Like 2