B.O.C.!!! B.eer O.perating C.erebellum!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys!! The Stella is flowing tonight!

Why not start another Blue Oyster Cult Thread in between all of these great Van Halen threads?

I put on "Mirrors" tonight.

What an EPIC underrated record.

"The Vigil" is one of the greatest songs ever made.

Even as a drummer had to break out the Ovation tonight and strum some silliness to the song.

That "Greatest Guitar Riff Thread" also motivated me to write this one.

The riffs on "The Vigil" are simply some of the BEST!!

My buddy and I saw BOC at Slim's in San Francisco a couple of years ago and by accident it was the "Mirrors" Anniversary Tour.

They played three songs off the record. "The Vigil" was one of them.

A few tears rolled down my cheeks.

BLUE OYSTER CULT RULES!!!

My 2011 Highlight Concert Memory was driving to the Alameda County Fair to see Blue Oyster Cult play from 6pm to 7pm. I was lucky enough to meet Rudy Sarzo and shake his hand before the show. I told Rudy that my wife and I were off to see Rush next in Concord. He told me that Geddy Lee is a great bassist.

After the show we then jammed home. Dropped off the kids and Wendy and I made it to the Rush show just in time!

Fantastic night!

Life is short. Drink beer and ROCK!

trink39.gif

Apart from the first 3 studio albums, Cultosaurus Erectus is a personal favourite. Killer riffs, lyrics and a sense of mystery which make classic BOC very hard to top. Always liked Mirrors although it got a lot of stick for being too "polished".

I was lucky enough to see them on their first ever tour of the UK when they played Manchester Free Trade Hall (saw Rush play there on their debut UK tour as well!). Can still remember these shows like they were only yesterday. Awesome!!!!!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 19 2012, 02:14 AM)
Guys!! The Stella is flowing tonight!

Why not start another Blue Oyster Cult Thread in between all of these great Van Halen threads?

I put on "Mirrors" tonight.

What an EPIC underrated record.

"The Vigil" is one of the greatest songs ever made.

Even as a drummer had to break out the Ovation tonight and strum some silliness to the song.

That "Greatest Guitar Riff Thread" also motivated me to write this one.

The riffs on "The Vigil" are simply some of the BEST!!

My buddy and I saw BOC at Slim's in San Francisco a couple of years ago and by accident it was the "Mirrors" Anniversary Tour.

They played three songs off the record. "The Vigil" was one of them.

A few tears rolled down my cheeks.

BLUE OYSTER CULT RULES!!!

My 2011 Highlight Concert Memory was driving to the Alameda County Fair to see Blue Oyster Cult play from 6pm to 7pm. I was lucky enough to meet Rudy Sarzo and shake his hand before the show. I told Rudy that my wife and I were off to see Rush next in Concord. He told me that Geddy Lee is a great bassist.

After the show we then jammed home. Dropped off the kids and Wendy and I made it to the Rush show just in time!

Fantastic night!

Life is short. Drink beer and ROCK!

trink39.gif

I love this record! I have seen BOC almost as many times as I have seen Rush. One night that I caught them, they did The Vigil and Lips in the Hills. I almost fell apart. Lanier was still with them and he came out with an acoustic and played In Thee...amazing.

I'm certainly no BOC expert but I'll contribute what I can.

Seen them live twice. Both great shows.

I will take the opportunity to mention the blatent BOC references in the movie 'Stoned Age'. I think I've seen it over 10 times.

Love the fact that Buck Dharma and another band member (Eric Bloom I think) are selling bootleg BOC shirts at the end of the film.

Love the Cap Center '76 show. Has a soft spot in my heart as I've seen many a show (and hockey game there). 2 Rush shows - Presto (5th row) and TFE (nosebleed)

big BOC fan, although I've never considered Mirrors near the top of the list of faves. maybe wedged between Spectres and Cultosaurus, it kinda got lost because it had no real "hits' to speak of, although "Dr. Music" seemed to be played at every BOC show back in the 80's.

I played that album this summer until it drove my wife crazy. That and Spectres. I always took the glossy production as a kind of back-handed joke. Delete DR. Music and album would be perfect.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jan 19 2012, 07:19 PM)
I played that album this summer until it drove my wife crazy. That and Spectres. I always took the glossy production as a kind of back-handed joke. Delete DR. Music and album would be perfect.

That's funny buddy. I played the hell out of "Mirrors" this summer too. I took the wife and kids down to Santa Barbara for a few days and I listened to "Mirrors" non-stop on the way down. Drove everyone nuts!

So when I played the album last night I quizzed Wendy to see if she could name the band.

She FAILED! She said, "I have no ida who this is but I've heard this album a million times."

Classic!

QUOTE (2112mjh @ Jan 19 2012, 01:22 PM)
Apart from the first 3 studio albums, Cultosaurus Erectus is a personal favourite. Killer riffs, lyrics and a sense of mystery which make classic BOC very hard to top. Always liked Mirrors although it got a lot of stick for being too "polished".

I was lucky enough to see them on their first ever tour of the UK when they played Manchester Free Trade Hall (saw Rush play there on their debut UK tour as well!). Can still remember these shows like they were only yesterday. Awesome!!!!!!

1022.gif

Lucky Bum! tongue.gif

Count me in as a fan of Cultosaurus Erectus as well. This and Secret Treaties are my favorites. I still have a special place for the first album though and play it quite a lot.

Astronomy = one of the classic rock songs of all time!!

- - - - - - - -

Does anyone know the story about why Imaginos sounds so terrible?

I mean, it sounds like it was recorded under water, and I can't figure out why the producer/band would allow it to be released as it was...

Would love to see it remastered (maybe a SHM-CD version from Japan)...

Thanks for any info.

QUOTE (Scobie @ Jan 20 2012, 02:16 PM)
Astronomy = one of the classic rock songs of all time!!

- - - - - - - -

Does anyone know the story about why Imaginos sounds so terrible?
I mean, it sounds like it was recorded under water, and I can't figure out why the producer/band would allow it to be released as it was...

Would love to see it remastered (maybe a SHM-CD version from Japan)...

Thanks for any info.

I have the original Japanese pressing of "Imaginos" and it still sounds like shit.

I have the new USA reissue as well. I was hoping they would remaster it. Sadly it still sounds like crap.

I love the concept album storyline but the music just does nothing for me.

Do you like "Club Ninja" and "Revolution By Night?"

I do.

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 20 2012, 11:40 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYg3vvVwj4Y&feature=related

The Great Sun Jester

Wow Goose!

My wife is up in Woodland for our youngest daughter's State Cup this weekend. Soccer.

I'm stuck home with Zoe our other daughter. Zoe is a freshman and made the Varsity Soccer Team so we had to split up this weekend.

I'm blasting Mirrors right now.

Damn I'm hooked.

Hell I like "Dr. Music!"

"The Great Sun Jester" rules!!!!

"In Thee" is brilliant too.

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 20 2012, 11:38 PM)
For the lazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFXXQYPB8A0

Check the comment from the guy that froze his beard in line. biggrin.gif

Hahaha! Classic!!!

This could be my favorite BOC song ever!!

Not sure if you have heard the power Satanic pop prog metal rock band named GHOST but this song reminds me of the group.

Treeduck has a Ghost Thread on here. I better dig it up!

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 21 2012, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 20 2012, 11:40 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYg3vvVwj4Y&feature=related

The Great Sun Jester

Wow Goose!

My wife is up in Woodland for our youngest daughter's State Cup this weekend. Soccer.

I'm stuck home with Zoe our other daughter. Zoe is a freshman and made the Varsity Soccer Team so we had to split up this weekend.

I'm blasting Mirrors right now.

Damn I'm hooked.

Hell I like "Dr. Music!"

"The Great Sun Jester" rules!!!!

"In Thee" is brilliant too.

Varsity as a frosh! Awesome! cheer.gif

Longtime B.O.C. fan here...

Definitely love The Vigil, and The Great Sun Jester and In Thee are great as well, but the rest of Mirrors leaves a lot to be desired. It isn't as completely awful as some fans say it is, but it isn't that great either. It would definitely be near the bottom if I ranked their studio albums, but every B.O.C. album has a few very worthy tunes. 1022.gif

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jan 21 2012, 11:16 AM)
Longtime B.O.C. fan here...

Definitely love The Vigil, and The Great Sun Jester and In Thee are great as well, but the rest of Mirrors leaves a lot to be desired. It isn't as completely awful as some fans say it is, but it isn't that great either. It would definitely be near the bottom if I ranked their studio albums, but every B.O.C. album has a few very worthy tunes. 1022.gif

It's still better than Club Ninja and The Revolution By Night. trink39.gif