Feb 1st - Rush Day!!

Mika

Since it's gonna be the nearest we get to experiencing 2112, I thought 2/1/12 would be the next best thing! I get the day off work, so I'm going to celebrate by watching Rush concerts and listening to Rush music.

Anyone else down for Rush Day?

2.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the last two Neil Peart DVDs that I didn't have (The Hockey Theme one and Anatomy Of A Drum Solo) for Christmas and that sounds like a great day to sit down and watch them. Any Rush on Rush day would be good.

2.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jan 17 2012, 10:26 PM)
I got the last two Neil Peart DVDs that I didn't have (The Hockey Theme one and Anatomy Of A Drum Solo) for Christmas and that sounds like a great day to sit down and watch them. Any Rush on Rush day would be good.

2.gif

OOoooooo...! Those are the two I don't have. On my list, though.... wink.gif

That sounds like an excellent plan, Mika. I'm in! 2.gif

Yep! Count me in! Gilby and I are going away for a few days and we are gonna play 2112 in the car.

I know that in Britain we write the date the other way round but, hey! Any excuse to rock to 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jan 18 2012, 04:59 PM)
I know that in Britain we write the date the other way round but, hey! Any excuse to rock to 2.gif 1022.gif

I thought about this, because I know how you crazy Brits do your dates (ha, all my family's British, and I'm first-generation Canadian-born!), but I realized that Jan. 02 has passed already, so that wouldn't work!

Ooh, I'm excited! I love an opportunity to get all Rush-y, with the perfect excuse - it's Rush Day! I'll have some wardrobe changes, too, with my Rush shirts!

Anyone have any ideas for some Rush-related food or drinks? I've seen a picture of the boys with pizza, and I hear they like wine, but that doesn't sound so good together...! pizza.gif cosmo.gif

I thought every day was Rush day. After missing out on 20 years of enlightenment, my epiphany was seeing Time Machine in September 2010 (during The Camera Eye to be more specific). Now I can't get my fill.

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jan 23 2012, 12:11 AM)
Don't forget to take your "self out a nice cold beer" when you get home from work! trink38.gif

Huh, I'd missed this one, too!

Ok, so honeydew, pizza, beer, and maybe some wine. And more pizza. Dunno about milk of paradise, though....

heck yeah, got that day off! Gonna blast Rush and play FIFA 12 all day. Go Manchester United!

Happy Rush Day, everyone! Hope you all get a chance to get your Rush on! I'm going to (finally) connect the ol' cd player so I can blast some Rush tunes whilst playing some Mario Party with my boyfriend (kind of random, but I've had a hankering for Mario Party for a while now), and watch some Rush shows. I'm particularly looking forward to checking out the old videos of 'Finding My Way' and 'Fly By Night' and the 'Boys in Brazil' doc from Rush in Rio. Am wanting to check out Time Machine, but I haven't got a Blu-Ray player to play it on... sad.gif

Wishing you all the best in the Rush-iest of things!

2.gif

Oh, and I couldn't find any honeydew this time of year, so I have canteloupe. It's kind of close enough, right? wink.gif

I'm cryogenically freezing myself so I will be around in the year 2112. Certainly the technology will be around by then to unfreeze me.

If only Geddy, Alex, and Neil would do the same, they could see if their dystopian vision came to pass.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 1 2012, 12:24 AM)
Why not have a listening party in chat tonight? There might be one particular album appropriate for today...

I'm up for it. biggrin.gif