Van Halen A Different Kind of Truth - who's buying

treeduck

Are you buying the new Van Halen album?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the new Van Halen album?

• 1. YES, you're damn right I am! It's gonna ROCK!
    • 2. No f***ing way moron hey I'd bet my cock & balls it'll be shit on toast!
    • 3. I may download it for free, but if it doesn't impress, DELETE!
    • 4. I'll wait for a real bargain basement price in about nine months or so
    • 5. I always hated those douchey clowns, I like proper METAL and prog
    • 6. I used to like Halen but Eddie is shot & Dave is an old man now, so no
    • 7. I'd rather hold in my bowels for 10 weeks then shit it all out play that
    • 8. I'm a girl, but I agree with #2, I'd bet my tw** and tits though instead
    • 9. I just want want to burn houses down after hearing about this release
    • 10. If this record doesn't blow, I WILL, I'll turn homosexual hooker!!
    • 11. I'm a girl, I agree with #10...I think you know the rest...
    • 12. I'll be buying the new SABBATH album instead
    • 13. I'll buy the album and a whole shitload of other albums this year
    • 14. If Roth leaves again and SAMMY comes back, I'll buy that, not this
    • 15. I'd buy this album but I hate the idea of Wolfgang, f**k the fatty!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 8 2012, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2012, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 8 2012, 01:10 PM)
Speaking of Eddie's recovery, he seems to be clean AT LAST. But looking at two of the 12 steps, shouldn't he have made amends with Sammy?

8.Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9.Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Did ya read what Sammy wrote about him in his book? Do you hear what Sammy says about him on the radio/on line/t.v. ? Even Sammy said on That Metal Show because of his book ,Ed and Al will never talk to him agian

I wouldn't doubt if HOW he described Ed was all that exaggerated either given what the guy was going through at the time. EVH was a mess. I'm glad that he appears to have gotten his shit together. The world's a fantastic place with Eddie healthy and playing.

Everyone knows EVH was a F-up . I am sure Most of the things he said are true. If someone said that about me in the press, true or not, i would not be very happy . Sammy is a person that never really gets his "Facts" straight

He talks to Aliens cool10.gif

He sold more albums than the Roth era no.gif

The fans like him as much as Roth laugh.gif

The reunion with Roth will blow up in their face schla03.gif

Ya see biggrin.gif That story about EVH pulling his own teeth out smells a little rotton

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 01:42 PM)
LMAO...
If Roth leaves again and SAMMY comes back, I'll buy that, not this = 3 votes

I will jump of a F-n bridge

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2012, 01:45 PM)
LMAO...

I will jump of a F-n bridge

No you won't!

LMAO...

I'd buy it anyway, I'm a big fan of VH with Dave or Sammy. But if Sammy ever comes back, they better sound like Aftershock, 5150, AFU, seventh Seal etc., and not like Up for Breakfast or Learning to See. And MOST CERTAINLY, not like anything off VH III.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 8 2012, 01:50 PM)
LMAO...

I'd buy it anyway, I'm a big fan of VH with Dave or Sammy. But if Sammy ever comes back, they better sound like Aftershock, 5150, AFU, seventh Seal etc., and not like Up for Breakfast or Learning to See. And MOST CERTAINLY, not like anything off VH III.

Aftershock is in my top 10 VH songs ever. I just like the sound of that one a lot.

Sammy had done some good stuff, but also has done crap. I think comparing Dave and Sammy - Dave has a lot less stuff I would classify as crap - but I like the good and the crap all the same. laugh.gif

I grew up listening to VH. Up until the age of 17 or so, I would have easily picked VH as my #1 favorite band. Now, it's definitely Rush - simply because the fact Rush didn't have all the infighting and has continued to crank out music.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 02:42 PM)
LMAO...

And all the new songs will be ignored by Hagar.

But Sammy won't be back, even if he is begged, IMO.

The 3VHs with DLR needs to ride the wave for a while. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts, though. I hope it goes for a while, only because I believe a second release from this line-up will be better. Why? I believe it will not so hyper. Looking for songs like Dirty Movies, Dance the Night Away, Take Your Whiskey Home, or even Secrets that have a groove to them when they settled down a bit and got comfortable.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 02:59 PM)
Now, it's definitely Rush - simply because the fact Rush didn't have all the infighting and has continued to crank out music.

2.gif 1022.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 01:59 PM)
Aftershock is in my top 10 VH songs ever.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Oh sorry, you're serious

common001.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2012, 02:12 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Oh sorry, you're serious

common001.gif

What's wrong with Aftershock??!?!?! I think it rocks!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 8 2012, 02:14 PM)

Oh sorry, you're serious

common001.gif

What's wrong with Aftershock??!?!?! I think it rocks!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

You need to step out of the 80's pal laugh.gif

But, you know - man, that suit is you!

I like the album, but, full disclosure, there's no songs from the Roth era I don't like. Roth was never a good technical singer, so he hasn't lost anything that made him enjoyable. He's a good vocalist, and a witty lyricist. Something about Roth brings out the best in Eddie on the guitar too.

I still think they miss Mike's background vocals a bit though. Otherwise, I think you get your money's worth from this album.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 03:03 PM)
"one eight hundred".....

So is that an Eddie thing, or is it just coincidence both Sammy and DLR have each included this phrase in a few songs?

Now that I think a little more about it - it's DLR.

Blood and Fire

The Trouble With Never

Just Like Paradise

Sammy had

1-900-SPANKED laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Feb 8 2012, 03:05 PM)
I like the album, but, full disclosure, there's no songs from the Roth era I don't like.  Roth was never a good technical singer, so he hasn't lost anything that made him enjoyable.  He's a good vocalist, and a witty lyricist.  Something about Roth brings out the best in Eddie on the guitar too.

This.

Tension can be great for a band. I'm pretty sure no one got along better in the creative process than Gary and Eddie claim to have...that Cherone's lyrics even inspired Edward, etc. Look how that turned out. There's a fine line between creative tension and looming disaster, just as there is between being so creatively amicable that you can't see the forest for the trees and can't tell a good song from a bad one.

Give me Ed and Dave's gnashing about any day.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 8 2012, 04:06 PM)
http://i.imgur.com/FNhMr.jpg

I would prefer he be in the band but it's hard to fault a guy for wanting to work with his son on this level. Plus, it seems to me that Mike cast his lot with Sammy and this is what you would expect to happen.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 8 2012, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Feb 8 2012, 02:14 PM)

Oh sorry, you're serious

common001.gif

You need to step out of the 80's pal laugh.gif

But, you know - man, that suit is you!

Aftershock kicks ass!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 8 2012, 04:06 PM)

Nice! Applies only to vox tho.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 8 2012, 05:16 PM)
Nothing in the mail again...

sad.gif angry.gif

Get Spotify and listen for free...legally!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 8 2012, 03:06 PM)

Thing about this pic is that it's 100% correct. Because if Wolfgang was out and MA was in, VH would probably still be on an indefinite hiatus. So there would be no Van Halen.

Like I've said before, I'd rather have a VH w/DLR and Wolfgang putting out music and touring than VH with MA not doing anything. And to be perfectly honest, Wolfgang seems like the saving grace, considering he is a constant reminder to keep his father clean. Having his son with him all the time must help Eddie keep his mind focused.

I love MA, but if Wolfgang is the reason for bringing DLR and Eddie again to put out an album and tour, then I welcome him with massively open arms.

Edited by HemispheresserehpsimeH

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 8 2012, 07:47 PM)

Thing about this pic is that it's 100% correct. Because if Wolfgang was out and MA was in, VH would probably still be on an indefinite hiatus. So there would be no Van Halen.

Like I've said before, I'd rather have a VH w/DLR and Wolfgang putting out music and touring than VH with MA not doing anything. And to be perfectly honest, Wolfgang seems like the saving grace, considering he is a constant reminder to keep his father clean. Having his son with him all the time must help Eddie keep his mind focused.

I love MA, but if Wolfgang is the reason for bringing DLR and Eddie again to put out an album and tour, then I welcome him with massively open arms.

Yeah...that helped so much last tour.

I saw them. It was an atrocious sloppy sad show.

However the new album is pretty damn good on my first play through.

But I would not count on Eddie holding it together. Every single tour I have ever seen him play for the exception of the 5150 tour he has been 3 sheets in the wind and just bad.

Too bad because he is a f***ing monster on guitar and had been a huge influence on my own playing back when I was a teenager.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 8 2012, 07:47 PM)

This is exactly right. AND having heard the album, the bass playing, the backing vocals....well, I've realized I can enjoy Van Halen just fine on record without Anthony. Not a knock. In fact, I was worried about how it would all sound. Given how it sounds, I'm relieved and jubilant.

I'd argue that the bass playing is a trade up with Wolfie. Again, don't believe me? Listen to China Town really closely throughout and tell me where you've heard that kind of bass on a Van Halen record. And then they pull off the ooooh-ahhhhh background vox quite nicely as well...(see You and Your Blues chorus).

No, I'm relieved. This band can make a FINE album without Mike Anthony. I don't have to question that anymore.