Happy New Year!!!!

goose

Wondering how y'all spent New Years Eve. To paraphrase Mr. Peart, "I went to a party as a straight minority."

Had a great time at my uncle's party with the usual fellows from the local Men's Club. Great guys, great food, great conversation. Toasted the Ball in NY, then made my way home to hang with my kids, watching the Smurf movie until Midnight on the west coast.

Wishing you all much joy and success for 2012!!!

I met with some old friends and co-ordinated a furnace repair for them, went home and ordered chineese food, pigged out, sipped scotch, watched world junior hockey, sipped scotch, texted with more friends, sipped scotch, rubbed elbows on facebook, talked long distance to my daughter, sipped scotch and watched Mary Poppins ... laugh.gif ... I know that one thing is not like the others, but it gave me a little spark nonetheless and I wasn't talking about the scotch. I also played a bunch of Neil Young music, as I didn't like Lawrence Welks music much, but do enjoy Neil's laid back sentiment.

Happy New Year to everyone at TRF and may 2012 be a very good year for all of us! Regards, Greg. Thanks to the Owner(s) and operators of this site and to the modsquad too!

Edited by Tinwoodsman

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 1 2012, 02:04 AM)
Went to Sea World most of the day to use the annual pass for the last time...Got home by 9, slept a couple hours, did fireworks at midnight.....now I can't sleep.

Joy and success to you as well and all other TRF'ers.

Good job squeezing the last penny out of that pass!

common001.gif

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Jan 1 2012, 02:43 AM)

Thanks to the Owner(s) and operators of this site and to the modsquad too!

Ditto that!

And, man, TW, you had an eclectic New Years Eve to say the least! biggrin.gif

With family.

Watched set 2 of Time Machine Live in Cleveland, then watched the ball drop in New York. Went to bed shortly after, although I spend ~2 hours on TRF, Cracked, and a couple of other sites. laugh.gif

I went to Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto with a few good friends for what was supposed to be a free, all ages, alcohol free show. The latter alcohol free part was not to be, since there was MANY people all around drinking whatever alcohol they decided to bring, not to mention lighting up some cool10.gif I'm all for celebrations and enjoying yourself, but when something is promoted as being alcohol free, should you not have the decency to at least take that stuff elsewhere?

There were lots of kids around and let me tell you, safety was a BIG issue especially with leaving. People pretty much decided to push and shove their way out nearly trampling me and my friends (my buddy had his 4-month old son with him) among others. It was pretty frightening, and there WERE cops everywhere, just watching from a higher vantage point. You would figure they would at least help out with directing people in an orderly manner.

I loved spending time with my friends though, and all the fun of the night came from their company which is all you can really ask for. However, NEVER will I EVER go to Nathan Phillips Square, or Toronto itself, for New Years again.

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jan 1 2012, 11:22 AM)
I went to Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto with a few good friends for what was supposed to be a free, all ages, alcohol free show. The latter alcohol free part was not to be, since there was MANY people all around drinking whatever alcohol they decided to bring, not to mention lighting up some cool10.gif I'm all for celebrations and enjoying yourself, but when something is promoted as being alcohol free, should you not have the decency to at least take that stuff elsewhere?

There were lots of kids around and let me tell you, safety was a BIG issue especially with leaving. People pretty much decided to push and shove their way out nearly trampling me and my friends (my buddy had his 4-month old son with him) among others. It was pretty frightening, and there WERE cops everywhere, just watching from a higher vantage point. You would figure they would at least help out with directing people in an orderly manner.

I loved spending time with my friends though, and all the fun of the night came from their company which is all you can really ask for. However, NEVER will I EVER go to Nathan Phillips Square, or Toronto itself, for New Years again.

It's a drag that events come to wat you described, but, New Year's Eve and all...

I went to Tahoe once for New Year's, and that was enough. Shoulder to shoulder drunks, and I ended up losing my crew (wife included) till after the turn of the year.

So much drinking and mayhem, that afterward, they actually used snow plows to clear the streets of empty beer bottles, cups and other garbage.

Whoever it was who came up with the old tradition of opening a door and a window to let the old year out and the new year in, never worried about freezing their bits and pieces off...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on TRF!!!!!

I hope it will be better year for all of us. yes.gif

(Didn't do much...just recuperated)

trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Reposting from the quiet NYE thread:

I had to work until 9pm, and got home to find my boyfriend hadn't called. He'd fallen asleep and didn't know how late it was! I told him to get going, and he got here about 10:30. We watched my new GUP Tour video, stopping momentarily for the ball drop (very momentarily, as the hosts' shrill voices were bugging me)! We had sparkling apple cranberry juice because he doesn't drink, and he'd brought half moon cookies, but I wasn't hungry 'cause I'd had pizza at work.

Back to work from 12-6 the next day. I missed New Years' Day at the observatory this year, which was a bummer. We had the next day off and went hiking in the snow. First hike of the year! Yeah, we're nuts laugh.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 5 2012, 12:42 AM)
Reposting from the quiet NYE thread:

I had to work until 9pm, and got home to find my boyfriend hadn't called. He'd fallen asleep and didn't know how late it was! I told him to get going, and he got here about 10:30. We watched my new GUP Tour video, stopping momentarily for the ball drop (very momentarily, as the hosts' shrill voices were bugging me)! We had sparkling apple cranberry juice because he doesn't drink, and he'd brought half moon cookies, but I wasn't hungry 'cause I'd had pizza at work.

Back to work from 12-6 the next day. I missed New Years' Day at the observatory this year, which was a bummer. We had the next day off and went hiking in the snow. First hike of the year! Yeah, we're nuts laugh.gif

At least you have snow! The sierra's a in dire need of some snowfall. sad.gif

Sounds like you had a pretty quiet NYE, like a lot of us.

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 7 2012, 02:50 PM)
At least you have snow!

And...it's all melted. I guess after last winter, there's no more snow left to fall. I'm thinking I may have to give skiing a miss this year. Woe betide us all if we get another hot summer on top of no snowmelt.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 7 2012, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 7 2012, 02:50 PM)
At least you have snow!

And...it's all melted. I guess after last winter, there's no more snow left to fall. I'm thinking I may have to give skiing a miss this year. Woe betide us all if we get another hot summer on top of no snowmelt.

We'll all be very thirsty indeed!