van Halen practicing at the Roxy in Hollywood

nobodys hero

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 31 2011, 04:50 PM)
Yes, they're the only band to not have an original member.  wink.gif  biggrin.gif  Pssst, he's been in the group for pushing 5 years now.  Not exactly a revelation, this...

Well the band is called VAN HALEN! Why not have three Van Halens in the same band?

Of course we all know that it will never be the same without Michael, but we all need to move on and just be happy that there is a new record coming out.

Wolfgang has been in the band now for 5 years. I am sure he is a lot better now!

To be honest when I saw the Van Halen shows in 2008 I thought he did ok.

I had 8th row center and 12th row center. He looked fine to me.

I'm with Presto on this one. Can't wait for this album!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 31 2011, 06:50 PM)
Yes, they're the only band to not have an original member...

now, you can't possibly be dippy enough to think that would be a problem for anybody

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 31 2011, 09:21 PM)

now, you can't possibly be dippy enough to think that would be a problem for anybody

Sorry a small group of us derailed your negativity. You're not interested and, apparently, disgusted, so move along... wink.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 31 2011, 09:58 PM)

Sorry a small group of us derailed your negativity. You're not interested and, apparently, disgusted, so move along... wink.gif

calmly now, pd...

I'm not the only one who feels that way, and I didn't see a disclaimer on this thread that said 'Sycophants Only'

I can be disgusted by the band's behavior and still be a huge fan

I was responding to the posted article, that's all, move along...

so here's a thought; if you really want to read nothing but VH cheer.gif , start your own thread! trink39.gif

COOL, AMIRITE!?

I honestly don't give a damn about relations within a band. If Mike was sitting at home rotting and cursing Eddie's name over and over and started slicing his wrists every night, then I wouldn't be a big fan of how he was treated. But really, he seems happy with where he is now. So I don't see the big deal. As long as both sides are doing their thing and relatively happy, I don't see a big issue.

Yes, they're the only band to not have an original member. wink.gif biggrin.gif Pssst, he's been in the group for pushing 5 years now. Not exactly a revelation, this...

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't still use Mike's signature harmonies live.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 31 2011, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 31 2011, 09:58 PM)

calmly now, pd...

I'm not the only one who feels that way, and I didn't see a disclaimer on this thread that said 'Sycophants Only'

I can be disgusted by the band's behavior and still be a huge fan

I was responding to the posted article, that's all, move along...

so here's a thought; if you really want to read nothing but VH cheer.gif , start your own thread! trink39.gif

COOL, AMIRITE!?

Actually I did. biggrin.gif The first post in this thread is a link to this being repeat material. tongue.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 31 2011, 06:57 PM)
The first Montrose album is one of the greatest records ever made!

yes.gif Let me tell you, absolutely NO self-respecting hard rocker in the late 70s DIDN"T have a copy of this at home and in their car. I had it on vinyl and casette and wore out 2 copies of each media.

I gotta say, the absence of Michael Anthony - NOT A BIG DEAL. DLR being back is 10 times more important. It's hardly an atrocity like say Yes playing without Jon Anderson.

And besides, it's been 28 years since Van Halen made a studio album* - there's no telling whether their new studio material will be any good regardless of who's playing bass and singing back up harmonies - that's not gonna make or break it. It will probably be seriously sub-standard to their 1978-1984 material, but that's par for the course for ancient bands trying to recapture their old magic. I'd love to be wrong.

Live i'm sure they'll be fine if DLR can still sing and Eddie and Alex can still play...

*yeah, yeah, I know what you're gonna say, but those albums aren't VH IMHO - VH is a band with David Lee Roth.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 1 2012, 01:49 PM)
I gotta say, the absence of Michael Anthony - NOT A BIG DEAL. DLR being back is 10 times more important. It's hardly an atrocity like say Yes playing without Jon Anderson.

And besides, it's been 28 years since Van Halen made a studio album* - there's no telling whether their new studio material will be any good regardless of who's playing bass and singing back up harmonies - that's not gonna make or break it. It will probably be seriously sub-standard to their 1978-1984 material, but that's par for the course for ancient bands trying to recapture their old magic. I'd love to be wrong.

Live i'm sure they'll be fine if DLR can still sing and Eddie and Alex can still play...

*yeah, yeah, I know what you're gonna say, but those albums aren't VH IMHO - VH is a band with David Lee Roth.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

+1

As PD knows from the KissFAQ forum, I'm one who's not completely happy or 100% on board with the current Van Halen. There is no good reason why Michael Anthony isn't part of the band. Real shame there will never be a "true" reunion but hopefully the album will be decent. We'll have an idea next week.

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Jan 2 2012, 05:11 PM)
As PD knows from the KissFAQ forum, I'm one who's not completely happy or 100% on board with the current Van Halen. There is no good reason why Michael Anthony isn't part of the band. Real shame there will never be a "true" reunion but hopefully the album will be decent. We'll have an idea next week.

There is a good reason why Michael Anthony is not involved. It's just not well liked or respected among the Van Halen fan base.