Be a hero this Christmas

Lost In Xanadu

I already have, back in November. According to all the handouts given, a donation has the potential to save up to three lives. I don't like needles at all, but I went through with it despite that, given the aforementioned reason. That and it is the right thing to do, as well as something that not enough people do. It is a great cause, and I am honored to have contributed to it. biggrin.gif

Also, I plan to do so again in the future. cool.gif

So you could say that I'm not actually "Nobody's Heroine." (Rush puns, FTW!) laugh.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 24 2011, 08:18 AM)
I already have, back in November. According to all the handouts given, a donation has the potential to save up to three lives. I don't like needles at all, but I went through with it despite that, given the aforementioned reason. That and it is the right thing to do, as well as something that not enough people do. It is a great cause, and I am honored to have contributed to it. biggrin.gif

So you could say that I'm not actually "Nobody's Heroine." (Rush puns, FTW!) laugh.gif

I wish I could...I've done it many times, but no longer can due to my diabetes.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 23 2011, 07:58 PM)
Donate blood! They really need it this time of year!

Absolutely! I used to work for a blood bank and this is the worst time of year for them. Everyone just gets so busy.... It doesn't take long and you can save a life. Maybe more than one. smile.gif

Well it wasn't in the past week or so, but I did donate blood for the first time last month at my school. It felt great knowing that it's going for a good cause and I'm looking forward to doing it again in the future.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 23 2011, 07:58 PM)
Donate blood! They really need it this time of year!

goodpost.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I plan on giving plasma 4 times a month,

starting at the 1st of the year. In return,

I'll recieve 50 bucks a pop. win-win

situation for everyone.

Please give blood/or plasma if you can,peeps..

It really does help alot of people.

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 24 2011, 09:18 AM)

cheer.gif

Good work, NH!

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 7 2012, 03:12 PM)

cheer.gif

Good work, NH!

Thank you, goose. I believe that O- is the universal donor, so an even better job to you. tongue.gif

I'll be donating for a second time this Thursday. cool.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jan 17 2012, 06:12 PM)

cheer.gif

Good work, NH!

Thank you, goose. I believe that O- is the universal donor, so an even better job to you. tongue.gif

Yay, my second appt of the year is set for early March

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jan 17 2012, 06:12 PM)

cheer.gif

Good work, NH!

O negative is indeed the universal donor, but they only use it in emergencies these days. Everyone who is able should donate. It's just a little of your time and you can bring a phone or ipod or mp3 player and listen to some Rush music while you donate. Your karma will be elevated and God will smile.

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jan 18 2012, 12:17 AM)
Do you have to be a certain age?

17, with parent permission. And there is a weight requirement. 120 lbs?

Oh, not to brag, but I am not only a universal donor, but am cytomegalovirus, or CMV, negative. That makes me a baby donor. smile.gif

More here...

http://thebloodconnection.org/products-ser...es/baby-donors/

Edited by goose