The Best Britney Spears Songs of All Time

ReRushed

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Dec 13 2011, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 13 2011, 01:34 PM)
I like Britney, always have. When someone sells upwards of 100 Million records you cannot dismiss her as a valid artist.

That shows how even without talent, if you over-sell yourself enough, use ridiculous outfits all the time and marry some clown, you can be successful in this culture.

Somewhat yes, But the songs that sell her albums still have to be quality, and some are even great. This goes for all successful albums. Bad songs don't sell records, that's a fact. Outlandish costumes, bizarre behavior, controversy and sex tapes do sell records, but only after your music has been noticed.

16 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

She gave us that video for Toxic. So, she's ok in my book.

That's also a fantastically written song.

• Like 2

My favourite Britney songs are:

Toxic

Everytime 

The Circus

Break The Ice (super cool anime video)

Me Against The Music

She's a pop icon for a reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

That's also a fantastically written song.

Even in the absolute height of my pop hating days, I always had a soft spot for Toxic. Just a captivating composition. Catchy? Sure, but like, it makes you feel something equally unnerving and exciting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Even in the absolute height of my pop hating days, I always had a soft spot for Toxic. Just a captivating composition. Catchy? Sure, but like, it makes you feel something equally unnerving and exciting.

It's also quite a complex composition for such a big pop hit. The writer of the song also wrote another of my all time fave pop singles, Kylie Minogues Can't Get You Out Of Me Head. The writer is Cathy Dennis. She's a terrific songwriter who also had some success as a solo artist. She wasn't huge on fame so turned to writing for others.

CGYOOMYH and Toxic were by far THE BIGGEST radio pop hits in the UK in the early 2000s. Still iconic over here now.

• Like 2

Her Femme Fatale album slaps. I don't care. I Wanna Go, Till The World Ends, and Hold It Against Me go hard as hell.

I'll never forget the first time I saw that picture, you know the one, of her exiting a car. As for her music it's pop music and seems to be done fairly well. I know a lot of people who listen to more "serious" music like prog talk badly about any pop music but just because it's pop doesn't make it bad. 

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 2