Taking Away All That Is Sacred

Tick

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 29 2011, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 29 2011, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 28 2011, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 27 2011, 08:00 AM)
...if someone like Can Utility disrespected to my face like he did here he would be missing teeth. True story...

there you go... physical violence solves everything!

It doesn't solve everything...but if someone were to talk to me, in person, like Can did to Tick, I guaranty that they would be picking themselves off of the ground...and it doesn't take too many episodes like that before people realize that you are not one to be messed with. bitchslap.gif

sure seems like you've got an enlightened and sophisticated approach to making sure you don't get 'messed with'!

punching!

awesome, dude! trink38.gif

Many people prefer to keep it real.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 29 2011, 07:39 PM)
Zzzzzz

Wake the f**k up Tony. Nobody sleeps in my threads.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 29 2011, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 29 2011, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 28 2011, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 27 2011, 08:00 AM)
...if someone like Can Utility disrespected to my face like he did here he would be missing teeth. True story...

there you go... physical violence solves everything!

It doesn't solve everything...but if someone were to talk to me, in person, like Can did to Tick, I guaranty that they would be picking themselves off of the ground...and it doesn't take too many episodes like that before people realize that you are not one to be messed with. bitchslap.gif

sure seems like you've got an enlightened and sophisticated approach to making sure you don't get 'messed with'!

punching!

awesome, dude! trink38.gif

I haven't thrown a punch in decades. I guess people already know not to mess with me. It helps when one is 6'3" and 240 lbs. wink.gif

ETA...I'm not trying to beat my chest trying to act like a bad ass. My point is if you allow yourself to be a victim, there are many people who will prey on you. It's a lesson that took me a little while to learn, but I'm a much happier person after learning that lesson. smile.gif

Edited by ILSnwdog

I didn't read the whole thread but I agree with Tick. The stores shouldn't open until at least five in the morning on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I know why they do though.

I've done Black Friday for about five years now. I was very much against it and thought that the people who did it were nuts until my wife asked me to go with her. I actually really enjoyed it and I've done it ever since. This year however I didn't enjoy it that much. After a long day eating turkey and watching football, to go out at 11 pm and wait in a line until midnight is annoying. After the first store it was 2:30 and we were getting pretty tired so we decided to go home. My wife wanted to get something to eat (we usually get breakfast after shopping) so we went to IHOP. Since that place and Denny's are the only restaurants open at 3 in the morning, the lines were pretty long. So we decided to go to McDonalds. I hate McDonalds but they have decent breakfast. Guess what? At 3 in the morning they aren't serving breakfast.

Anyway, I don't like going out at midnight and since my kids are getting older I don't think I'll be doing this anymore. And I do feel for the employees who have to work Thanksgiving evening.

Well, I'm doing my part to encourage the holiday madness - I start my second job for the holidays in a liquor store tomorrow. Every Wednesday through the week of the holidays, plus Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (Christmas Eve) of that week, then Friday and Saturday (New Year's Eve) the next week. Luckily, I have Christmas and New Year's Day off. I also didn't work Thanksgiving so I could enjoy may vacation, rest up, and get everything for the holidays done before December.

It's gonna suck not having Christmas Eve with my family (unless they stay up reeeal late), but at least we have the day.

Gotta get that money together because Rush wants to get paid! I'll be here a bit more sporadically this month, but I think that's a good thing - I feel like it's a fight to defend oneself every minute here lately instead of celebrating Rush, and I'm gettin' way too depressed and anxious - throwing myself into work may be the answer.

ONE TIME several years ago I got to a WalMart at maybe 5 in the morning on Black Friday as there was an item advertised at a ridiculous price.

It was pandemonium. The last time I'd seen a line that long was waiting for Van Halen tickets in 1984. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty crazy, and there were a hell of a lot of people way more dedicated than I was that had obviously been there for quite some time.

By the time I got to the electronics section and asked for my item, the guy looked at me like I was insane. I was probably the 150th person to ask for an item they had maybe 2 of in stock to begin with, and of course there was no rain check or anything.

That's definitely the last time I'll ever do THAT again - safer to shop online to avoid the madness, and actually have a chance of getting the item you want. Of course you could camp out for 3 days, but please...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 30 2011, 08:58 AM)
ONE TIME several years ago I got to a WalMart at maybe 5 in the morning on Black Friday as there was an item advertised at a ridiculous price.

It was pandemonium. The last time I'd seen a line that long was waiting for Van Halen tickets in 1984. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty crazy, and there were a hell of a lot of people way more dedicated than I was that had obviously been there for quite some time.

By the time I got to the electronics section and asked for my item, the guy looked at me like I was insane. I was probably the 150th person to ask for an item they had maybe 2 of in stock to begin with, and of course there was no rain check or anything.

That's definitely the last time I'll ever do THAT again - safer to shop online to avoid the madness, and actually have a chance of getting the item you want. Of course you could camp out for 3 days, but please...

This may not be a 100% accurate observation, but one of the things I've noticed with the Walmart electronics Black-Friday deals this year: The item you can get for an amazing price (if 'lucky' enough to get it) is not a highly rated item in terms of quality, consumer confidence, etc. They are looking to move inventory on units they probably have difficulty in turning throughout the year. So if, as a smart consumer, you would normally avoid this product the other 364 days of the year - why buy it on Black-Friday? If it sucks, is getting it for half price worth it anyway? I don't get it.

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 30 2011, 07:09 AM)

It was pandemonium.  The last time I'd seen a line that long was waiting for Van Halen tickets in 1984.  Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty crazy, and there were a hell of a lot of people way more dedicated than I was that had obviously been there for quite some time.

By the time I got to the electronics section and asked for my item, the guy looked at me like I was insane.  I was probably the 150th person to ask for an item they had maybe 2 of in stock to begin with, and of course there was no rain check or anything. 

That's definitely the last time I'll ever do THAT again - safer to shop online to avoid the madness, and actually have a chance of getting the item you want.  Of course you could camp out for 3 days, but please...

This may not be a 100% accurate observation, but one of the things I've noticed with the Walmart electronics Black-Friday deals this year: The item you can get for an amazing price (if 'lucky' enough to get it) is not a highly rated item in terms of quality, consumer confidence, etc. They are looking to move inventory on units they probably have difficulty in turning throughout the year. So if, as a smart consumer, you would normally avoid this product the other 364 days of the year - why buy it on Black-Friday? If it sucks, is getting it for half price worth it anyway? I don't get it.

Whatever this item was (can't recall) was a very high-demand item at a great price, but I would have had to camp out in the cold to get it - that's just not gonna happen. no.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 30 2011, 09:09 AM)

It was pandemonium.  The last time I'd seen a line that long was waiting for Van Halen tickets in 1984.  Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty crazy, and there were a hell of a lot of people way more dedicated than I was that had obviously been there for quite some time.

By the time I got to the electronics section and asked for my item, the guy looked at me like I was insane.  I was probably the 150th person to ask for an item they had maybe 2 of in stock to begin with, and of course there was no rain check or anything. 

That's definitely the last time I'll ever do THAT again - safer to shop online to avoid the madness, and actually have a chance of getting the item you want.  Of course you could camp out for 3 days, but please...

Yeah, that's what they do now. Like the 720P 60hz tvs or the Visio tvs with terrible speakers... They get you in with that, and when they run out, they have better, more expensive stuff for you to buy.

How many people have been banned on TRF?

This is just another sad case of total irreverence towards the admins, and towards fellow forum members. At least Spaghetti tried (too hard) to be funny...

Edited by len(songs)

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 03:34 AM) QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2011, 12:31 AM) QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 01:03 AM) http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5214/propellerbeanie.jpg

You're such a hero! The world needs more internet warriors! At least you have Fledge cheering you on. ONLY Fledge, but I guess that's enough for you.

Thanks cool.gif

Nice, you sneaked one last post in! Don't worry, 4chan will still have you. They'll take anybody.

You hit the nail on the head actually, TJ was big into browsing 4chan's random board at this time.

Edited by Mr. IsNot