last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Danny Kaye. Loved it. I had read the story years ago but never seen the movie. Really cute.

I liked it better than the remake.

Good to know. I didn't realize there was a remake but doesn't surprise me.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Danny Kaye. Loved it. I had read the story years ago but never seen the movie. Really cute.

I liked it better than the remake.

Good to know. I didn't realize there was a remake but doesn't surprise me.

Ben Stiller. I normally dislike his movies but his isn't horrible but it's definitely skippable

• Like 1

Just finished watching World Of Kanako

Mr Not, JB, anyone else see this ??

Holy crap ..

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/the-world-of-kanako-2015/large_kawaki_ver2.jpg

What's it about?

Holy crap ..

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/the-world-of-kanako-2015/large_kawaki_ver2.jpg

What's it about?

I haven't seen it but I know of it. It's a suspense movie about a retired cop looking for his missing, estranged daughter.

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

I haven't seen it but I know of it. It's a suspense movie about a retired cop looking for his missing, estranged daughter.

I'm sure I've seen a film like this at least three dozen times...

...is this a good one Lucas?

• Like 2

Phantasm Ravager

I liked this one even though it seems like a lot of people didn't. I thought it was a fitting end to Phantasm series.

I thought so too - thought it was good. (I had to get mine from the US as there's no UK release. I've got a few region 1 dvds and had to get a multiregion player).

Million Dollar Baby. That ending is so sad.

Also watched The Maze Runner. I liked it. Cool idea.

Edited by EagleMoon

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

From a review by Brian Tallerico...

Lest you think “The World of Kanako” is a playful homage or a stylish ride, be warned. This is a movie with enough gore, rape, murder, drug use and horrible behavior to make Takashi Miikeblink. It is not an easy watch. And it does feel sometimes like excess for the sake of excess. But then star Koji Yakusho will do something unexpected emotionally or Nakashima and cinematographer Shôichi Atô will find a striking image and the movie will win you back. Like the characters who are constantly either in love or murderous rage, Nakashima pushes and pulls at his own audience.

• Like 1

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

Lest you think “The World of Kanako” is a playful homage or a stylish ride, be warned. This is a movie with enough gore, rape, murder, drug use and horrible behavior to make Takashi Miikeblink. It is not an easy watch. And it does feel sometimes like excess for the sake of excess. But then star Koji Yakusho will do something unexpected emotionally or Nakashima and cinematographer Shôichi Atô will find a striking image and the movie will win you back. Like the characters who are constantly either in love or murderous rage, Nakashima pushes and pulls at his own audience.

It is definitely worth watching just for the ride it takes you on .. The acting is incredible, but there is something unsatisfying overall - at least on first viewing ..

The film should be more depressing because of the subject, but it is shot with such vigor and cartoonish color, it never quiet pulled me in as being real

The synopsis Goose posted sums it up - be warned, it gets nasty, but there is something exhilarating about the entire thing

I don't want to give too much away, so I'll leave it at that ... I would recommend NOT reading about it before if you are gonna watch it

• Like 1

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

Thank you. A big trigger for me there...I won't be seeing this.

• Like 3

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

Thank you. A big trigger for me there...I won't be seeing this.

Good that you recognise your 'triggers', hope your empowerment continues.

Holy crap ..

What's it about?

It is definitely worth watching just for the ride it takes you on .. The acting is incredible, but there is something unsatisfying overall - at least on first viewing ..

The film should be more depressing because of the subject, but it is shot with such vigor and cartoonish color, it never quiet pulled me in as being real

The synopsis Goose posted sums it up - be warned, it gets nasty, but there is something exhilarating about the entire thing

I don't want to give too much away, so I'll leave it at that ... I would recommend NOT reading about it before if you are gonna watch it

This looks interesting, will look out for this one.

• Like 2

Basketcaseposter.jpg

omg, Basket Case!

That's a good 'un, and perfect for the Christmas season. :LOL:

There are sequels... :unsure:

Joe Bob Briggs played all 3 on his Drive In Theater show on The Movie Channel back in the early 90s and even interviewed the director. He even directed Frankhooker which is so awesomely trashy and blackly humorous. There's even a clip of the original BC in the video for Too Much Blood by Rolling Stones.

220px-Rogue_One%2C_A_Star_Wars_Story_poster.png

220px-What%27s_Up_Doc_poster.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

220px-What%27s_Up_Doc_poster.jpg

One of my favorite childhood movies! Madeline Kahn is great in this as Eunice!

367c2502681108d49616a7d7ba8bc5e6.jpg

And Kenneth Mars... :LOL:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J4FUpALoRB0/ThdnkK5HYBI/AAAAAAAABJ4/dvBfIOnbdgs/s1600/Kenneth+Mars+WhatsUpDoc.JPG

Edited by goose
  • Like 2