last movie you watched

sonicjams

Alien (1979), based upon having watched Prometheus.

You mean you've never seen it before??? :o :o :o

:o :o :o

:o

:o :o :o :o :o

Duck, I've never seen Prometheus before.

I think they tried to be too clever with Promethesus. Ridley and co had these big ideas and talked about this being a mature and more sophisticated story. This wasn't true though, it's just another monster flick. Unfortunately though they had nothing to match the Xenomorph from the original film, they just couldn't think of anything as good. They also ended up stealing scenes from Alien and then trying to disguise them as something new. They even had a chestburster scene! It has some nice visuals but it lacks atmosphere and suspense and has some confusing story elements pasted onto the original's Ten Little Indians base. All in all Prometheus is a luke warm re-hash of the 1979 classic and was ridiculously hyped as a 2001 cerebral sci-fi experience.

It was flat out boring. I kept falling asleep during it.

I think they tried to be too clever with Promethesus. Ridley and co had these big ideas and talked about this being a mature and more sophisticated story. This wasn't true though, it's just another monster flick. Unfortunately though they had nothing to match the Xenomorph from the original film, they just couldn't think of anything as good. They also ended up stealing scenes from Alien and then trying to disguise them as something new. They even had a chestburster scene! It has some nice visuals but it lacks atmosphere and suspense and has some confusing story elements pasted onto the original's Ten Little Indians base. All in all Prometheus is a luke warm re-hash of the 1979 classic and was ridiculously hyped as a 2001 cerebral sci-fi experience.

Put it on next time you're lying awake at 4 am! :LOL:

Edited by treeduck

I will! :LOL:

Actually it's not as boring as Exodus: Gods and Kings, that has to be the most tedious film I've ever managed to squirm in my seat through...

Actually it's not as boring as Exodus: Gods and Kings, that has to be the most tedious film I've ever managed to squirm in my seat through...

One I've not seen...and now, never will. :LOL:

One I've not seen...and now, never will. :LOL:

Yes save those 2 and a half hours and enjoy them instead! :16ton:

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/qTPqbGV.jpg

Here's one for all you Alien fans that I just watched. it's not exactly like Alien but it's along similar lines. it's not as good of course but quite interesting if a little chaotic at times.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

I didn't. :)

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines

Low expectations, but pleasantly surprised!

• Like 1

I thought it was okay, but nothing worth a rewatch.

• Like 1

I thought it was okay, but nothing worth a rewatch.

I think as a popcorn flick its really fun. Not comparable to the first two, but little else is!

• Like 1

Terminator Salvation

Much better than the third, but not a patch on the firat two. Quite sad really.

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy

Dumb and Dumber To

I'm gonna watch these when I get around to them, any good?

I'm not really a fan of comic book movies, but I thought Guardians was good and I thought Dumb and Dumber To lived up to the first one.

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and I thought it was good too. A couple of really laugh out loud moments in it, which I always love because it happens so rarely any more.

Finally got to see this a few days ago, and I've seen it twice now. Excellent.

• Like 1

Interstellar

Watched it again, only this time with my 22-year old niece, who knows next to nothing about astronomy, cosmology, and the physical sciences.

She says the film changed her life....:LOL:

http://i.imgur.com/R5qRFTP.jpg

An action flick packed with well known names. The names are why I watched it but this was bad. Really bad. And not a "so bad it was good" more like a so bad it was terrible! It's like a parody of an action flick without the humour, or the intended humour anyway. It was funny at times but it just leaves a bad taste. i could say that the plot makes no sense and is daft as f**k but that hardly matters considering how bad the whole thing was.

I have no idea why people like Darryl Hannah, Mickey Rourke and Jeff Fahey etc signed on for this. Maybe they did the film for the same reason I watched it? We thought it was going to be good. Who is dumber, me or them? I don't know maybe they liked the director? Unfortunately though the directing in this film sucked, so maybe he has some compromising pictures of Darryl Hannah and Rourke or something?Apparently Mickey gained 50lbs specially for his role in this film, which is a strong indicator, along with his very strange recent plastic surgery, that Mickey is maybe not dealing with a full deck these days. Then again maybe he just got hungry when he read the script, and just put on the 50lbs by accident. I should have known not to watch this when I saw that Michael Madsen was in it. When was the last time Madsen was in a good film? He's become synonymous with low budget dreck over the last decade or so. Eric Roberts too. The more important question is why am I wasting time rambling on about this film? :16ton:

http://i.imgur.com/8SqJgbb.png

Meanwhile this one wasn't bad.

Edited by treeduck

really good

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTAwMTU4MDA3NDNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDk4NTMxNTIx._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

You must fuckking love that flick! You watch it every week! :LOL:

I give up :(