last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/The_Martian_Chronicles_(TV_miniseries).jpg

I watched this mini-series 35 years ago and remember it being good. So i finally watched it again, but now I agree with Ray Bradbury, it's just very, very boring. There's just not enough story to fill 4 hours+. It's interesting in parts but this was a big disappointment.

• Like 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/The_Martian_Chronicles_(TV_miniseries).jpg

I watched this mini-series 35 years ago and remember it being good. So i finally watched it again, but now I agree with Ray Bradbury, it's just very, very boring. There's just not enough story to fill 4 hours+. It's interesting in parts but this was a big disappointment.

It was kind of interesting when they started investigating the settlements on Mars, but before that it very slow.

It was kind of interesting when they started investigating the settlements on Mars, but before that it very slow.

The good parts amount to a few scenes scattered through the length of the whole. If it had been a 90 minute feature it might have been pretty good. After watching part one I was thinking ok that was the slow introductory segment now we'll get to the meat of it. I found though that outside of the final Rock Hudson segment and a couple of other scenes part one was the best part.

And who the hell picked that crew for the 3rd expedition? Darren McGavin was playing his part like he was Kolchack on Mars! He'd have been ejected on day one of the academy! :LOL:

• Like 2

The good parts amount to a few scenes scattered through the length of the whole. If it had been a 90 minute feature it might have been pretty good. After watching part one I was thinking ok that was the slow introductory segment now we'll get to the meat of it. I found though that outside of the final Rock Hudson segment and a couple of other scenes part one was the best part.

And who the hell picked that crew for the 3rd expedition? Darren McGavin was playing his part like he was Kolchack on Mars! He'd have been ejected on day one of the academy! :LOL:

I haven't seen this since it was on originally but I remember that the acting wasn't that great in it. The book was awesome, it's too bad they had to mess the mini-series up so much. I remember looking forward to seeing the Martians but they didn't show anything until the end.

I haven't seen this since it was on originally but I remember that the acting wasn't that great in it. The book was awesome, it's too bad they had to mess the mini-series up so much. I remember looking forward to seeing the Martians but they didn't show anything until the end.

The only thing I remembered about it was Rock Hudson was in it. I remembered the Martian weapon, featured in part one, once I saw it again.

I think the best part was probably that first expedition where the Martian woman dreams of the earth Captain landing on Mars and talking to her and swearing he'd kill for her. And when her husband finds out about it and discovers that the dream is going to come true he sets out and kills the two crew members. I thought we were going to see some more of these characters but we never did. And the other really good part was near the end when Rock Hudson finally meets a Martian through some kind of time anomaly. The ending was ok too.

• Like 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Human-Centiped-poster.jpg

Daft as fuckk and not really shocking or scary. To me this was just a run of the mill schlock horror film with a gratuitous shit-eating angle designed as a headline-grabbing device, which obviously worked. The film itself doesn't work though because the centipede idea is implausible physically and medically for multiple reasons that are obvious. Also the production is very amateur although the guy playing the doctor was pretty good. The Japanese guy was just annoying though he should have been the ass end!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/The_Lazarus_Effect_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg

Low grade Flatliners meets Pet Sematary.

I just watched a flick on netflix called After that was better than I was expecting. I watched it because there was no @#$%&*! periscope tonight.
  • Like 1

I just watched a flick on netflix called After that was better than I was expecting. I watched it because there was no @#$%&*! periscope tonight.

I feel your pain. I ended up watching Resident Evil. Oh the horror.

• Like 2

Triple Bill

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Karate_kid.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Karate_kid_part_II.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Karate_kid_part_III.jpg

• Like 2

I have Mills Jovovich's album haha...not bad either! (Sorta Tori Amos meets European folk).

Resident Evil...first time I saw it I was about thirteen and I thought it was a masterpiece.

Now? Eugh! But fun...sorta...

• Like 1

I have Mills Jovovich's album haha...not bad either! (Sorta Tori Amos meets European folk).

Resident Evil...first time I saw it I was about thirteen and I thought it was a masterpiece.

It's one of the loudest movies I've ever heard. Between all the gun fire and explosions I had to turn the tv down about half. :LOL:

• Like 1

It's one of the loudest movies I've ever heard. Between all the gun fire and explosions I had to turn the tv down about half. :LOL:

A bit of dumb action is fine! I mean, I found the last two terminator films enjoyable because...let's face it...who doesn't love blowing things up?

They still sucked though

A bit of dumb action is fine! I mean, I found the last two terminator films enjoyable because...let's face it...who doesn't love blowing things up?

They still sucked though

Oh sure but I think you get numb to it if it's too much. A tasteful explosion here and there is nice. :LOL:

Oh and speaking of the Terminator movies. What were they thinking with that kid they cast as John Connor in Terminator 3? He was AWFUL.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

They still sucked though

Oh sure but I think you get numb to it if it's too much. A tasteful explosion here and there is nice. :LOL:

Defo...

• Like 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Furious_7_poster.jpg

This was daft and not very realistic, In fact Tom & Jerry cartoons have got more realism than this. These guys would have been dead 10 times over if they'd done half the silly shit in this. I mean I know that Hollywood is the land of fantasy but this is just purely daft. It makes the Expendables look like Schindler's List. Cars flying through the top of building after building hundreds of feet up and no one even gets a scratch? Paul Walker's sad demise in a car crash seems pretty ironic after seeing this. of course this isn't really important considering the whole thing is just a load of stupid bullshit anyway. Vin Diesel btw is probably the worst actor I've ever seen! He delivers his lines in a dull monotone and he has the charisma of a floorboard and "the Rock" isn't much better. What the hell is Kurt Russell doing in this, he was helpless with this "script". And it's loooong, it felt like about 5 hours! It's my own fault for watching of course, I hadn't seen one of these films before though but anyway at least there's one positive i can see; after seeing this and the Centipede a lot of mediocre trash is gonna look good for a little while. Wait a minute, that's not a positive is it? Shit! Oh well I was totally rooting for the bad guys! You bet i was, every step of the way!! Fuckk these Furious franchise fools! :madra: