last movie you watched

sonicjams

What the hell Steve?

Oh Segue please don't tell me that Blaze has got to you???

He is a particularly nasty piece of work who is a completely screwed up control freak.. He will drive you down until he gets a vulnerable person under his shit

Why do you think I blocked the little shit??? :finbar: :finbar:

Well... I will let you make up your own mind Seague

What the hell Steve?

What do you mean by "what the hell!"

I just explain myself Segue

Please explain????

This thread is simple: last movie you watched. And...I don't get your tangent it's annoying. We all just enjoy what we enjoy.

OK I apologise for my tangent. I do do like intelligent and thoughtful films whatever you may think. I suppose I have conflict Segue

Between my thoughtful side and my blue collar bloke side so I apologise. Yes you are right I should not have banged on about it

But you seem to have 2 sides to you too.

We share a lot of personality traits in common

But you are correct, I went off at a Tangent and I should not have

What the hell Steve?

Please explain????

This thread is simple: last movie you watched. And...I don't get your tangent it's annoying. We all just enjoy what we enjoy.

OK I apologise for my tangent. I do do like intelligent and thoughtful films whatever you may think. I suppose I have conflict Segue

Between my thoughtful side and my blue collar bloke side so I apologise. Yes you are right I should not have banged on about it

Nah it's fine I like a good tangent. What was the last film you saw? Hence the thread title!

• Like 1

What the hell Steve?

Please explain????

Nah it's fine I like a good tangent. What was the last film you saw? Hence the thread title!

I actually do like a good Romcom and I do actually like well made and thoughtful films Segue. It was just the stupid macho side of me taking over.

OK let me think..... last film I watched was Twins

Sorry to say that but just a lovely sweet feel good movie and Danny is wonderful and Arnie is well... he is just Arnie,

Sorry I am a bit of a Pikey when it comes to culture, I generally don't watch many films but I have read Orwell and Ulysses by James Joyce.

Had NOOO idea what it was about apart from a drunken walk around Dublin.

I am not a deliberate philistine I promise Seague

Steve

I mean perhaps I have been an inverted snob so I am sorry for that

Buddy you read too much into things haha

Be yourself and don't worry........

• Like 1

What the hell Steve?

Oh Segue please don't tell me that Blaze has got to you???

He is a particularly nasty piece of work who is a completely screwed up control freak.. He will drive you down until he gets a vulnerable person under his shit

Why do you think I blocked the little shit??? :finbar: :finbar:

Well... I will let you make up your own mind Seague

Please no insults involving 4 letter words.

I see a 4 letter word insult! <---- uh oh that can be construed as sarcasm!

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm a control freak. I should get that under control. <--- oh no, more sarcasm!

Thanks for the kind words Steve! You make me feel as welcome as Powers Boothe was in this Cajun bayou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7V6gITreRA&sns=em

Great movie btw. Not too artsy fartsy or high brow. And it's certainly no chick flick.

I don't know how I do it. Every post I make is brimming with manipulation and control. <---- god no, more sarcasm taking control of me!

Do you know that most Sci Fi films are based on classical tales and themes

Forbidden Planet was an adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest.

And the original Star Wars trilogy owed so much to the influence of the work of Akira Kurosawa of whom George Lucas was very influenced by

Segue I am sorry that I slagged off Johnny in that way. He is a very intelligent guy and perhaps I showed very much of my insecurity to have an outbust in that way.

• Like 1

Do you know that most Sci Fi films are based on classical tales and themes

Forbidden Planet was an adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest.

And the original Star Wars trilogy owed so much to the influence of the work of Akira Kurosawa of whom George Lucas was very influenced by

And The Lion King is Hamlet.

Yeah I do.

Segue I am sorry that I slagged off Johnny in that way. He is a very intelligent guy and perhaps I showed very much of my insecurity to have an outbust in that way.

Please don't do that again. It was completely unnecessary.

• Like 2

not great but not as bad as I thought it would be.

http://www.kino.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/passengers-2016-filmplakat-rcm590x842u.jpg

• Like 2

This is all a bit "chick flick" "Arty Farty" "High Brow" stuff for me. Like saying....

"Oh yes I have a real appreciation of the work of Jean Luc Goddard and soo love European films in black and white with subtitles that make NOO sense at all"

Can we please get back to some normal blue collar more "manly" films that us guys can go to a bar to watch and drink beer and talk about muscle cars together about.

Of course you have to realise I am being provocative and ironic and satirical and just trying to provoke a reaction.

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Please no insults involving 4 letter words. Any other insults are most welcome and thoroughly deserved :hail: :hail:

Love

Stevie XX :P :P :P ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Steve, examples please

In the meantime, watch I Saw The Devil and get back to me .. We'll discuss this one man-to-man

Well Lucas I was being ironic (slightly) it just seems that a lot of the posts on this thread are like "Well I know more obscure and more intelligent films than you!"

Anyway that is just my inferiority complex coming through and the fact that I am so uncultured and not sophisticated (no irony or sarcasm meant)

Ok I will stick up for the blue collar lads

Firstly I am not a fan of anything involving Sly or Segal or Brucey W

Arnie is well.... he is just Arnie an has a certain charm.

I like blokes films, but good ones OK.

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

All the Dirty Harry stuff

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Get Carter (the original)

Italian Job (the original)

Lock Stock and two smoking

Whicker Man (the original)

Local Hero

All the Sergio Leone stuf

Duel

Jaws

The Bounty (with Gibson and Hopkins)

Deerhunter (bit cheesy at times but OK)

Godfather 1 and 2

Is that enough to be going along with?

Steve

Steve, that is a good list, but you misunderstood my question ... When I asked for examples, I meant examples of the "arty farty" and other films here you don't care for ..

But that is water under the bridge ..

And while I did laugh at your "man to man" link, that quickly changed when I read you post about JohnnyBlaze, to which I must take exception ..

Steve, I don't think you should confuse "control freak" with having an opinion, and, the ability to discuss that opinion with others who may not share it ... Blaze is the finest person on this forum, and while he and I share a lot in common as to what we like, there are also examples quite the opposite ..

So with that in mind - having such different opinions on some things - how is it that he and I get along so well ??

Because we both act like men and don't let a difference of opinion about, in the grand scheme, trivial things get in the way of mutual respect ..

Blaze did not include Buffalo 66 on the list of recently talked about films - which is the last one I have watched, and could well have been one of your "arty farty" movies ..

I'm all ears if that is the case

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

This is all a bit "chick flick" "Arty Farty" "High Brow" stuff for me. Like saying....

"Oh yes I have a real appreciation of the work of Jean Luc Goddard and soo love European films in black and white with subtitles that make NOO sense at all"

Can we please get back to some normal blue collar more "manly" films that us guys can go to a bar to watch and drink beer and talk about muscle cars together about.

Of course you have to realise I am being provocative and ironic and satirical and just trying to provoke a reaction.

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Please no insults involving 4 letter words. Any other insults are most welcome and thoroughly deserved :hail: :hail:

Love

Steve, examples please

In the meantime, watch I Saw The Devil and get back to me .. We'll discuss this one man-to-man

Well Lucas I was being ironic (slightly) it just seems that a lot of the posts on this thread are like "Well I know more obscure and more intelligent films than you!"

Anyway that is just my inferiority complex coming through and the fact that I am so uncultured and not sophisticated (no irony or sarcasm meant)

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

Steve, that is a good list, but you misunderstood my question ... When I asked for examples, I meant examples of the "arty farty" and other films here you don't care for ..

And while I did laugh at your "man to man" link, that quickly changed when I read you post about JohnnyBlaze, to which I must take exception ..

Steve, I don't think you should confuse "control freak" with having an opinion, and, the ability to discuss that opinion with others who may not share it ... Blaze is the finest person on this forum, and while he and I share a lot in common as to what we like, there are also examples quite the opposite ..

So with that in mind - having such different opinions on some things - how is it that he and I get along so well ??

Because we both act like men and don't let a difference of opinion about, in the grand scheme, trivial things get in the way of mutual respect ..

Blaze did not include Buffalo 66 on the list of recently talked about films - which is the last one I have watched, and could well have been one of your "arty farty" movies ..

Nah sorry Lucas, the guy is a mental bully

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

What is the big deal about using the term arty farty Lucas

I generally dont watch films like that.

Why could you not just say "Steve you are full of shit" instead of getting into a debate about it and asking for examples????

I am sorry I just hate pretentiousness and sorry but unless anyone here went to RADA then they are not qualified

It is interesting that the critics are basically the people who have failed so they spend their time judging others

Perhaps

Perhaps

It was completely unnecessary.

• Like 1

Perhaps

It was completely unnecessary.

I am sorry 73, I take out the swear words and apologise for that but everything else was completely justified, the guy is deranged man

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

No, sorry, Steve, JB is not and this is a film discussion thread.

• Like 3

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

OK fair point but I did not start it

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

No you are right, he is not a mentally bully as long as you agree with everything he says and let him win, like a small child

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Local Hero

Duel

Jaws

Godfather 1 and 2

Steve

No you are right, he is not a mentally bully as long as you agree with everything he says and let him win, like a small child

Take a break from this thread, Steve.

That is not a request.

• Like 2

not great but not as bad as I thought it would be.

http://www.kino.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/passengers-2016-filmplakat-rcm590x842u.jpg

I had really low expectations for this movie, but l was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend it just for the moral dilemma Chris Pratt is faced with.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 2