Is this the worst drummer ever or what???

reani14

No, far from it. The drumming fits with what the rest of the band is doing. If you're referring to the fact that she doesn't hit the hihat during the chorus/verses, she's quite able to use both hands simultaneously with her feet to get something going. It just happens to be that for this song she chose not to use cymbal while hitting the bass drum/snare.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 2 2011, 05:53 PM)
I liked it. Good tune actually.

I see some of the Neil brigade are out in force in the YT comments section. Saddoes.

Any band with a Telecaster & a Danelectro are ok in my book.

Update:

Thanks Reani, these guys are f**kin' great! Just listened to a few of their singles, When I'm With You, Boyfriend, crazy For You....excellent..I'm a sucker for that garage/surf thing. Always have been.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 2 2011, 12:53 PM)
I see some of the Neil brigade are out in force in the YT comments section. Saddoes.

This is something that really annoys me about some Peart fanboys. They seem to have this "if something isn't complicated it obviously sucks" attitude. Well I may get flamed for this but I will say if it was Neil playing in that band it probably would suck. Don't get me wrong, I think Neil is a great player but his style just wouldn't be right for that kind of band - the drums would be too busy and dominating. Bands like Best Coast call for simplicity in the drumming department and IMO it's often most important to know what not to play - fast fills, double kick, etc.

The simple answer to the question is NO not even close. To me her playing sounded solid and served the song well. What's bad about that?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 2 2011, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Oct 2 2011, 01:05 PM)
Is there no rule about continually starting threads in the wrong forum?

Should be.

Probably not worth losing any sleep over....

Fortunately, most of the people who start lots of threads are more entertaining.

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Oct 2 2011, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 2 2011, 12:53 PM)

This is something that really annoys me about some Peart fanboys. They seem to have this "if something isn't complicated it obviously sucks" attitude. Well I may get flamed for this but I will say if it was Neil playing in that band it probably would suck. Don't get me wrong, I think Neil is a great player but his style just wouldn't be right for that kind of band - the drums would be too busy and dominating. Bands like Best Coast call for simplicity in the drumming department and IMO it's often most important to know what not to play - fast fills, double kick, etc.

The simple answer to the question is NO not even close. To me her playing sounded solid and served the song well. What's bad about that?

Are you watching the same drummer I am? When she goes in at around 1:05-1:10 to hit the floor tom, she completely backs off and ends up weakly tapping it like it was an afterthought. If she had any confidence or drive she could be good.

Aside from that, the guitar sounds like a wall of noise and distortion. Not good.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 2 2011, 11:28 PM)
I'm glad I can enjoy music without over analyzing. These guys are simply a good fun pop punk band with confidence and drive. And a wall of noise and distortion, to boot.

What's the cause and effect? Do you enjoy it because you don't over-analyze? Or do you not over-analyze because you enjoy it?

With me, I enjoy it so I dont over-analyze. If I don't enjoy it, I over-analyze so I enjoy it even less.

Which came first, the over-analyzation or the enjoyment? wacko.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 2 2011, 10:06 AM)
No, far from it. The drumming fits with what the rest of the band is doing. If you're referring to the fact that she doesn't hit the hihat during the chorus/verses, she's quite able to use both hands simultaneously with her feet to get something going. It just happens to be that for this song she chose not to use cymbal while hitting the bass drum/snare.

goodpost.gif

Yeah. Anyone who can keep feet and hands going and keep a steady rhythm is better than some I've seen.