Confession....

beanerschnitzel

I found that you have to give PT a few listens. I was far from impressed the first time I listened to FOABP. Now I love it. Deadwing is pretty impressive too. Nil Recurring is really good too.

If lyrics are your thing you may not like them. Their music is amazing though. Varied, layered, atmospheric at times, heavy at times. What bothered me at first was the vocals but they fit the music after you get used to it. I am watching the blu ray of anesthetize right now and it is awesome.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 2 2011, 01:31 PM)
I found that you have to give PT a few listens.  I was far from impressed the first time I listened to FOABP.  Now I love it.  Deadwing is pretty impressive too.

yes.gif Exactly my experience with Fear. I can't think of any other band that took as long to get into. So glad I hung on in there for all the rewards they have given. The Incident, Deadwing and Fear are amazing albums, no question.

I couldn't get into them. I found their songs to be too depressing. I tried introducing the band to a guitarist friend of mine who I thought would like them but turns out he didn't. His complaint was that they were too electronic.