Confession....

beanerschnitzel

My first CD by these guys was In Absentia. I really didn't like it much for about a year. I randomly played it. I don't know what happened, but one day, I just 'got it'. Haven't looked back since. This band is phenomenal. yes.gif Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Sep 2 2011, 01:44 PM)
How can anyone not love this (Lazarus)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtc4dF721g

...?

Nice! One of my favorites of theirs!!!

Good stuff...their earlier stuff is a little "electronic" and OUT there, (npt that there's anything WRONG with that, but I have to be in the "right mood" to listen to it...but some of there more recent stuff has become really great!

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 2 2011, 02:07 PM)
My first CD by these guys was In Absentia. I really didn't like it much for about a year. I randomly played it. I don't know what happened, but one day, I just 'got it'. Haven't looked back since. This band is phenomenal. yes.gif

I had a similar experience. I remember it was the song Way out of Here that really hooked me on the band (at the start). The whole thing with Alex playing on Anesthetize re-energized the PT experience for me and it's been non-stop PT-love ever since.

Porcupine Tree was an absolute revelation when I finally started listening to them. Another Rush board I belonged to had a lot of PT fans on it. I ignored them for about a year, then decided to take a listen to see what it was all about.

My first song was Blackest Eyes. I loved it instantly. By the end of the week I had bought In Absentia and Deadwing. Within about 3 weeks I had everything from Signify onward.

There's always at least one PT album in my cd changer.

If you're looking for "hits" try Trains.

At the end of the day, you either like them or you don't. Just like anything else.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 2 2011, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Imaginos @ Sep 2 2011, 02:44 PM)

...?

Great song. My favorite from DW.

Lazarus is one of my favorites from DW, but I love Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here more

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 2 2011, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 2 2011, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Imaginos @ Sep 2 2011, 02:44 PM)

...?

Great song. My favorite from DW.

Lazarus is one of my favorites from DW, but I love Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here more

That is my favorite song of theirs.

One of my favorite songs of all time, as a matter of fact.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 1 2011, 08:31 PM)
Check out Deadwing album...but I'm assuming you have already decided that PT is not your cup of tea

After posting "This band is beneath me" at himself for half the thread, I'd say that's a safe assumption. laugh.gif

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1