Any more news about clockwork angels??

Pars123

No, but you can be sure that if there is any news there will be 5-7 threads on the first page in this part of the board.

Latest news: tour ended, band is on break until September or fall

The guys will be vacating until mid-September.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2011, 02:03 PM)
A lot of us had to wait through that long gap between T4E and VT. This wait is noting so far laugh.gif

Wasn't the T4E-VT gap believed to be the end of Rush? If so then you weren't expecting a new album until they decided to come back. So it's very possible that the actual wait for VT was less then the one for CA.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 28 2011, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2011, 02:03 PM)
A lot of us had to wait through that long gap between T4E and VT. This wait is noting so far laugh.gif

Wasn't the T4E-VT gap believed to be the end of Rush? If so then you weren't expecting a new album until they decided to come back. So it's very possible that the actual wait for VT was less then the one for CA.

Reguardless if it was suppose to be the end of Rush there was still a long wait between albums. So it counts as far as i'm conserned. Plus, there was never an official announcement about breaking up. It was just a hiatus.

That's why I never lost faith during that time and always knew they would be back. I know a lot of other fans felt the same to.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2011, 06:53 PM)
The project has been scrapped.

Yep, you're right. I just got off the phone with Neil, he said that Clockwork Angels is scrapped. He's taking over as the drummer for KISS, Geddy is going to manage a baseball team and Alex is starting a career in stand-up comedy.

Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted. 2.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 29 2011, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 29 2011, 03:34 PM)
On Saturday I was told

By who?

Ughhh, seriously? Do we have to play this game?

I heard it from my ex-wife's cousin who delivers newspapers to a guy who sold Geddy's uncle a car back in the 90's, but sold it in early 2001. He knows a guy who worked on the car recently and was told by the woman who brought it into the shop that she heard it from her 4 yr old daughter who heard it at daycare from one of the teachers. How the teacher knows about the album, I have no idea, but I figured it was pretty important info so, I thought I'd share...

Feel better now??

Edited by FOH Lights

I once met "Brutus" while Rush was on the T4E tour in pittsburgh.. I asked him if he was the guy Neil referred to in his writings and he said yes. I then asked him about the release date for Clockwork Angels. Since it was 1996, he had no idea.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 29 2011, 02:33 AM)
and Alex is starting a career in stand-up comedy.

Now that I'd watch yes.gif

Not that they've been in any hurry tongue.gif , but I do hope they take their time finishing CA. I want Nick to have plenty of time to wear down their resistance and have them bring back some Moog, Oberheim, and more Taurus pedals. 1022.gif

Hearing all of Geoff Downes' vintage synth on the new Yes album really makes me crave some analog synth on CA. wub.gif Nothing too crazy, just about the level of keys they had on MP would be perfect. I think vintage analog synth integrated with the new fatter Rush sound from Nick R would sound amazing. 1022.gif The increased usage of keys in BU2B gives me hope, so come on Nick!

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Aug 29 2011, 06:48 PM)
Not that they've been in any hurry tongue.gif , but I do hope they take their time finishing CA. I want Nick to have plenty of time to wear down their resistance and have them bring back some Moog, Oberheim, and more Taurus pedals. 1022.gif

Hearing all of Geoff Downes' vintage synth on the new Yes album really makes me crave some analog synth on CA. wub.gif Nothing too crazy, just about the level of keys they had on MP would be perfect. I think vintage analog synth integrated with the new fatter Rush sound from Nick R would sound amazing. 1022.gif The increased usage of keys in BU2B gives me hope, so come on Nick!

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I love the blend of Alex's guitars with analog synths.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 29 2011, 03:07 PM)
On Saturday I was told

By who?

I heard it from my ex-wife's cousin who delivers newspapers to a guy who sold Geddy's uncle a car back in the 90's, but sold it in early 2001. He knows a guy who worked on the car recently and was told by the woman who brought it into the shop that she heard it from her 4 yr old daughter who heard it at daycare from one of the teachers. How the teacher knows about the album, I have no idea, but I figured it was pretty important info so, I thought I'd share...

Feel better now??

Is that guy who delivers newspapers related to the FedEx driver who delivered the package to the rehersal studio and told us that they would be playing all of Hemispheres on the second leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour? Cause if it is then we know the source is good..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (MCM @ Aug 29 2011, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 29 2011, 03:07 PM)
On Saturday I was told

By who?

Feel better now??

Is that guy who delivers newspapers related to the FedEx driver who delivered the package to the rehersal studio and told us that they would be playing all of Hemispheres on the second leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour? Cause if it is then we know the source is good..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 30 2011, 10:29 PM)
If there was news you would know about it. This thread is pointless.

Snarky response #1:

And yet you took the time to respond to it.

Snarky response #2:

And your response was totally worth reading. Not pointless at all.

Take your pick. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 31 2011, 01:48 AM)

Snarky response #1:

Snarky response #2:

goodpost.gif Enemy Without: wtf.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 31 2011, 06:45 AM)

Snarky response #1:

Snarky response #2:

I've been working on my bluntness lately. This thread was just collateral damage.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 31 2011, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 31 2011, 06:45 AM)

Snarky response #1:

Snarky response #2:

I've been working on my bluntness lately. This thread was just collateral damage.

Points for honesty.

Speaking of bluntness.

http://www.advantageservice.net/images/Phillie_Logo.jpg