geddy will never sing this good live . ever!!

reani14

Well then, by all means don't see any shows from the CA tour next year. And I hope you didn't waste your money on a Time Machine show. We would all feel TERRIBLE if you had to endure that! In fact, why don't you hop in a time machine, and go back in time and see a show from the RTB tour instead?

QUOTE (reani14 @ Aug 20 2011, 09:02 AM)
good ol days. i'd take these roll the bones shows over time machine any day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLjLkVqL30&feature=related

I dont know if you know this or not, but he's a hell of a lot older now, and he's not getting better anytime soon, so you might as well never see them again, or just live with it and see them since they will retire soon and none of us will get to see them ever again.

That vid is from 20 years ago. Id rather see him in 1981 than this, but I dont have a Time Machine so that's not happening.

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 20 2011, 01:38 PM)
Geddy used to smoke for years also. Even though he quit (10 years of so now), it takes a toll on your voice.

10 years? You mean 30. He just said in that CNN interview not long ago that it was 1982 that he quit.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 20 2011, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 20 2011, 01:38 PM)
Geddy used to smoke for years also.  Even though he quit (10 years of so now), it takes a toll on your voice.

10 years? You mean 30. He just said in that CNN interview not long ago that it was 1982 that he quit.

Just watched the CNN that I was referring to, and I stand corrected. smile.gif

Rush gets it done on all fronts. The musicianship kills (as always), the songwriting has ALWAYS been great, they are still making great NEW music, their tours are immensly enjoyable (I saw TM three times), and ... as for Geddy's voice ... it is still hanging in there enough such that they can still do all the aforementioned. So, after all these years ... really ... how can ANY Rush fan not be happy with the band??

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 20 2011, 07:18 AM)
Well then, by all means don't see any shows from the CA tour next year. And I hope you didn't waste your money on a Time Machine show. We would all feel TERRIBLE if you had to endure that! In fact, why don't you hop in a time machine, and go back in time and see a show from the RTB tour instead?

rofl3.gif

Snark FTW!

You know, I saw the roll the bones tour and the setlist was fantastic and they sounded great. Someone complained that Geddy couldn't hit the notes in the old stuff. It didn't bother me and I loved the show. I saw the Time Machine tour twice and the show was fantastic and they sounded great. Someone (at both shows) complained that Geddy couldn't hit the notes like he did in the old days. It didn't bother me and I loved the show. Bring on the CA tour. I am sure they will sound great. I will love the show. For 25 years and 10 tours I have loved the shows. My only complaint is that time will surely make my older years absent of Rush tours. Enjoy them while we can!

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 21 2011, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 20 2011, 07:53 PM)
Geddy Lee's voice has always been shitty.

Well, that comment is like a smouldering turd on a nice, grassy field.

Doesn't matter, he's got a point, regardless whether it's sarcasm or not.

He doesn't exactly sound like RJD, now does he?

I liked him better when he actually could sing, which would've been 82-2007.

Every hemisphere bootleg I have, he just is ALL over the place, and it makes it really uncomfortable to listen to. It is obvious that he had not taken singing lessons yet.