Latest Vinyl Score!

26bond

Holy crap that Pioneer CD player goes back a ways! I used to sell those when I was selling electronics at a local department store in the 80's.

QUOTE (Ranger J @ Jul 26 2011, 08:31 PM)
nice, the most recent album I have on vinyl is Presto.

What other 90's albums are on vinyl?

I believe up to counterparts was released on vinyl.

QUOTE (Khan @ Jul 25 2011, 10:12 AM)
Holy crap that Pioneer CD player goes back a ways! I used to sell those when I was selling electronics at a local department store in the 80's.

It's a little retro eh? biggrin.gif

Just got my first full-length Rush vinyl Monday! I already had the white Caravan/BU2B single and a couple non-Rush 45's. My mom gave me my family's old turntable about a month ago, and after putting a new belt in it, it's working pretty well (the switch for 45's is a little iffy). I'm running it into my TV set for sound, which isn't the best, but it works. So, I was in a Facebook Rush group last week and someone says, "Who needs a copy of Permanent Waves on vinyl?" "Me! Me!", I answer, and lo and behold, the guy is from the same town as me and sold it to me for only six bucks including shipping! And it's in very good shape, only a couple dings on the cover. So I have a new vinyl and a new Rush friend biggrin.gif

I don't have this one. Great find for a great price. The last vinyl, other than feedback and s&a is presto. Don't think I would listen to this one more than once. Then again, maybe I would like it more on vinyl

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 31 2011, 08:08 PM)
Just got my first full-length Rush vinyl Monday! I already had the white Caravan/BU2B single and a couple non-Rush 45's. My mom gave me my family's old turntable about a month ago, and after putting a new belt in it, it's working pretty well (the switch for 45's is a little iffy). I'm running it into my TV set for sound, which isn't the best, but it works. So, I was in a Facebook Rush group last week and someone says, "Who needs a copy of Permanent Waves on vinyl?" "Me! Me!", I answer, and lo and behold, the guy is from the same town as me and sold it to me for only six bucks including shipping! And it's in very good shape, only a couple dings on the cover. So I have a new vinyl and a new Rush friend biggrin.gif

Jeez, you're very lucky. I wish I could meet someone in real life who is a Rush fan. (Sorry for going on a tangent a bit.)

Nice!!! cool.gif

I have up to GUP on vinyl and all of it in great condition. But I keep an eye out for later LPs and even ones I already have - for my other Rush vinyl-loving friends. wink.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Jul 25 2011, 10:12 AM)
Holy crap that Pioneer CD player goes back a ways!  I used to sell those when I was selling electronics at a local department store in the 80's.

I still have a Pioneer Amp that I bought in 1985. Still pumps out 200 watts of old school power.

back in topic: Roll The Bones on vinyl sounds like it would be awesome. Cool find!!

How much is ?10 or whatever, in American dollars?

Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Aug 31 2011, 09:21 PM)
Jeez, you're very lucky. I wish I could meet someone in real life who is a Rush fan. (Sorry for going on a tangent a bit.)

Not a problem. I meet a few fans by having Rush pictures up at work, but they may make me take them down soon, so those opportunities may go away. I highly recommend getting to meetups before shows, and, if Facebook is your thing, there are tons of us there and Rush groups galore.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 10 2011, 07:06 PM)
Did very well at the record show yesterday - filled in quite a few gaps in the collection! Most of these were around $5 - some of the double albums were a bit more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/DSCF2092.jpg

Nice!!! I have not been to a store in awhile to look (hard to spend money on wants when you're on unemployment) but did get a second copy of Permanent Waves & Signals from a former co-workers for free. I also have:

Fly By Night-Mercury label with plastic sleeve

Power Windows

One of the local record stores had Archives and the Hemispheres picture disc. Would've gotten one of both but the store is one of those that I think wants too much for their used vinyl.

Edited by fordgt99

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Oct 11 2011, 10:56 AM)
Nice!!! I have not been to a store in awhile to look (hard to spend money on wants when you're on unemployment) but did get a second copy of Permanent Waves & Signals from a former co-workers for free. I also have:

Fly By Night-Mercury label with plastic sleeve
Power Windows

One of the local record stores had Archives and the Hemispheres picture disc. Would've gotten one of both but the store is one of those that I think wants too much for their used vinyl.

Bummer, but cool on PeW and Signals! I have a red Hemispheres, but no picture discs.

The copy of Fly By Night I bought is in a paper sleeve that obviously doesn't go with the album. I wonder if it was originally in plastic and it fell apart? None of my other Rush albums are in plastic.