Latest Vinyl Score!

26bond

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 10 2011, 07:06 PM)
Did very well at the record show yesterday - filled in quite a few gaps in the collection! Most of these were around $5 - some of the double albums were a bit more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/DSCF2092.jpg

Nice find. Although it looks like the A Show Of Hands was a "cut-out."

I've been meaning to hit up a record show for a while now, but I haven't got room in the budget for that at the moment.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Oct 13 2011, 12:11 AM)
Nice find. Although it looks like the A Show Of Hands was a "cut-out."

It is, but I don't mind, because I'm intending to play them, rather than collect them in mint condition. It was actually still sealed, but I opened it. I've listened to the first record and Geddy's voice sounds a little odd...not sure if it's the record, or that's how the recording sounds. I don't remember the ASOH videos I've watched online sounding quite like that, but then, the videos seem quite different overall. Hmm.

QUOTE (Itty12 @ Jul 27 2011, 02:34 AM)
QUOTE (Ranger J @ Jul 26 2011, 08:31 PM)
nice, the most recent album I have on vinyl is Presto.

What other 90's albums are on vinyl?

I believe up to counterparts was released on vinyl.

Yes. I have a Russian pressing.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_2736.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_2738.jpg

This is fantastic sounding disc. I was very surprised by the resonance of this LP.

just got this

http://www.roxcalibur.com/pix/e21062.jpg

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (ytserush @ Oct 13 2011, 12:11 AM)
Nice find.  Although it looks like the A Show Of Hands was a "cut-out."

It is, but I don't mind, because I'm intending to play them, rather than collect them in mint condition. It was actually still sealed, but I opened it. I've listened to the first record and Geddy's voice sounds a little odd...not sure if it's the record, or that's how the recording sounds. I don't remember the ASOH videos I've watched online sounding quite like that, but then, the videos seem quite different overall. Hmm.

I play them AND collect them (I've got A Show Of Hands cut-out myself)

So yeah, I'm weird that way. Some for collecting and some for playing.

The reason why Geddy's voice may sound different on CD/vinyl is because not all of the tracks from A Show Of Hands video were used for the CD.

Some were different recordings.

I just picked up Moving Pictures Live when I went to yesterday to buy the CD/DVD.

I'm not sure if I'm going to open it yet though.

It doesn't feel like 180 grams vinyl to me, although I have limited experience with 180 grams as a single album.

Maybe it's the very thin cardboard sleeve it came in....

QUOTE (ytserush @ Nov 5 2011, 10:22 PM)
I just picked up Moving Pictures Live when I went to yesterday to buy the CD/DVD.

It doesn't feel like 180 grams vinyl to me, although I have limited experience with 180 grams as a single album.

RELEASE DATE 11/8/2011

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 5 2011, 10:42 PM)

RELEASE DATE 11/8/2011

Yet another good reason to support your local INDEPENDENT record store before those stores are all gone.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Nov 5 2011, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 5 2011, 10:42 PM)

RELEASE DATE 11/8/2011

Yet another good reason to support your local INDEPENDENT record store before those stores are all gone.

no 'good' indie stores are selling their new releases four days early

(for more than one reason wink.gif )

Another record show today. There wasn't a lot of Rush vinyl that I didn't already have, but I added GUP to my collection. It was $8, which was a bit much considering one of the corners looks like it got wet at some point, but the record was in good shape, and the only other copy I saw had a much more bent-up cover. I justified the expense because I only got two other items - the original, non-remaster CD's of AFTK and RTB for $5 each.

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Oct 15 2011, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Itty12 @ Jul 27 2011, 02:34 AM)
QUOTE (Ranger J @ Jul 26 2011, 08:31 PM)
nice, the most recent album I have on vinyl is Presto.

What other 90's albums are on vinyl?

I believe up to counterparts was released on vinyl.

Yes. I have a Russian pressing.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_2736.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_2738.jpg

This is fantastic sounding disc. I was very surprised by the resonance of this LP.

The track order is very different than the American cd version. Interesting...

What's the track listing on side 1?

Edited by savagegrace26

Good find. Still have my vinyl copy of this album. It has seen plenty of time on my turntable however. When RTB came out a went to the nearest chain store and had them special order it for me on vinyl. I have everything Rush put out on vinyl up to this album. After that it is all CD (and for that matter I went back and bought all of their old albums on CD - just about the only group I have done that for)

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 26 2012, 11:46 PM)
Another record show today. There wasn't a lot of Rush vinyl that I didn't already have, but I added GUP to my collection. It was $8, which was a bit much considering one of the corners looks like it got wet at some point, but the record was in good shape, and the only other copy I saw had a much more bent-up cover. I justified the expense because I only got two other items - the original, non-remaster CD's of AFTK and RTB for $5 each.

I've been meaning to get to a record show myself, but I haven't been able to find one in a while.

I don't find many bargains there anymore, but since there aren't many record stores around these days, shows are one of the few ways you can still find decent music.