Worst of the Best 14

Lost In Xanadu

Which song do you like LEAST on this list?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like LEAST on this list?

• Xanadu
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • Natural Science

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for La Villa... while it's a great great instrumental... gotta have Geddy's screeching in there, or you're missing a part of the band's greatness.

I have a problem with 2112 being in there in that it has so many different parts. Sure Hemispheres has different part but it had a common musical theme throughout the whole piece where as 2112, although a continuing story each section has a different piece of music set to it so in my eyes each part of 2112 is actually a different song.

My dilemma is that I like a couple of the parts of 2112 better than Natural Science...So by voting for 2112, I'm actually voting to sh1t can a song I like better than Naty Science....However if I vote for Naty Science I'm sh1t canning a couple of parts of 2112 I like more....Kinda reminds one of that Sicilian guy in The Princess Bride who kidnapped Princess Buttercup and kept saying INCONCEIVABLE!!!!

Oh...and before you smarty farty pants 2.gif know it alls try telling Naty Science is divided into sections as well, both Hemis, and 2112's sections/parts/songs are separated by breaks in the music on the original recordings clearly indicating the end of one song and the start of another whereas Nat Sci's sections have no breaks therefore it truly is one song.

In any case....I'm voting...... ph34r.gif

2112...too many parts that can lull you to sleep (Discovery anyone?). Grand Finale certainly rights a lot of sins though. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 21 2011, 11:29 AM)
I voted for La Villa... while it's a great great instrumental... gotta have Geddy's screeching in there, or you're missing a part of the band's greatness.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 21 2011, 04:07 PM)
Xanadu..... again.

Hemispheres is gone.... sad.gif wtf.gif angry.gif

AGREED

But 2112 got to go

Edited by Nate2112