Must be that time of year

Slime

I'm pretty sure it's not a political issue, so it should be able to stay, right?

"Ottawa Police say the investigation into why a one-month old child was left in a locked, hot car for nearly an hour on the weekend by its parents is not closed."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/07/19/cops-s...ot-car-incident

Thankfully, I've never seen it myself. I'm also thankful that, unlike in so many other years, THIS news story doesn't feature the death of some kid or pet.

Seriously, cars can get hot a LOT faster than you think. Open some windows or turn on that AC if you can.

The number of times this occurs every summer just underscores how many really f*cking stupid people are in our midst.

If I ever see a kid or a pet locked in a hot car on a sweltering day and it's obvious the person responsible is nowhere nearby? I'm calling 911, and then I am busting the car windows. In fact, if it's a pet, I might just take it with me and forego the 911 call, because that person is too much of a dumbass to have pets.

Seriously, anyone who thinks, "well, I'll only be in the store for 15 minutes" needs to go sit out in their car in an asphalt lot with windows up (or maybe just barely cracked) with no AC and no water. They won't last 10 minutes.

I will absolutely PUMMEL anyone I see locking an animal in a hot car.

That just drives me absolutely bat shit and I will not stand for it. As far as I'm concerned they can go to jail for 20 years... stupid redneck ass clowns.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 21 2011, 04:17 AM)
If I noticed, I'd kick the window in.

Yeah, explain that one to the cops. I can see you screaming, "I was trying to save the poodle" as they drag you away in cuffs. tongue.gif

It's permissible in my state to do this if there are signs that the child/animal is obviously in distress.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 21 2011, 11:01 AM)

Yeah, explain that one to the cops. I can see you screaming, "I was trying to save the poodle" as they drag you away in cuffs. tongue.gif

It's permissible in my state to do this if there are signs that the child/animal is obviously in distress.

I didn't know that. Good. However, without getting too political...it's hard to believe that some folks (certain minorities) would be believed for doing that [no matter how noble they genuinely are] by some police officers in certain areas of the U.S.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 10:25 PM)

I didn't know that. Good. However, without getting too political...it's hard to believe that some folks (certain minorities) would be believed for doing that [no matter how noble they genuinely are] by some police officers in certain areas of the U.S.

Too true. Of course I have to question the sanity of anyone who leaves a small child unattended in a car regardless of the time of year. It's just asking for it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 20 2011, 08:00 PM)

Too true. Of course I have to question the sanity of anyone who leaves a small child unattended in a car regardless of the time of year. It's just asking for it.

I doubt I'd be locked for that. Life over law.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 21 2011, 03:00 AM)

Some people seem to leave their sanity at home when it comes to something like this. In the UK, some police dog handler let two of his dogs roast to death in his car - not just once, but twice, I believe (two separate occasions). Made me cry. And children left in cars upset me too! Why? Why do they do it? Makes me mad as hell!

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 21 2011, 06:52 PM)

I see a beagle in a hot car, I'm calling the cops. A kid's another story.

I'll say this though: Growing up non-white with non-white friends in a redneck part of the U.S. made us somewhat of a bigger target than other groups of kids. And being questioned or eyeballed for nothing was kind of a regular occurrence. So you could say that I kind of grew up trying not to draw as much attention as possible to myself. Kicking in a car window and explaining that I was trying to save a dog just won't be believed by some cops is all I'm saying.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 21 2011, 03:38 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 21 2011, 06:52 PM)

I see a beagle in a hot car, I'm calling the cops. A kid's another story.

I'll say this though: Growing up non-white with non-white friends in a redneck part of the U.S. made us somewhat of a bigger target than other groups of kids. And being questioned or eyeballed for nothing was kind of a regular occurrence. So you could say that I kind of grew up trying not to draw as much attention as possible to myself. Kicking in a car window and explaining that I was trying to save a dog just won't be believed by some cops is all I'm saying.

I see.

Calling for help would make sense, but I can't honestly say it would cross my mind.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 20 2011, 06:23 AM)
The number of times this occurs every summer just underscores how many really f*cking stupid people are in our midst.

If I ever see a kid or a pet locked in a hot car on a sweltering day and it's obvious the person responsible is nowhere nearby?  I'm calling 911, and then I am busting the car windows.  In fact, if it's a pet, I might just take it with me and forego the 911 call, because that person is too much of a dumbass to have pets. 

Seriously, anyone who thinks, "well, I'll only be in the store for 15 minutes" needs to go sit out in their car in an asphalt lot with windows up (or maybe just barely cracked) with no AC and no water.  They won't last 10 minutes.

goodpost.gif

I work Parking Enforcement in a lot and see this crap everyday..

Dial 911 It IS Your Duty, Being as the pet/kid owner is a DUMB ASS... rage.gif

Some dumb ass got arrested yesterday for having 15 dogs, 2 cats and 4 pygmy goats in the back of a rental truck. The temperature was 106 in the truck. Animal control took the animals and are treating them for dehydration and heat exhaustion. Shit like this REALLY pisses me off!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 21 2011, 06:35 PM)

Some dumb ass got arrested yesterday for having 15 dogs, 2 cats and 4 pygmy goats in the back of a rental truck. The temperature was 106 in the truck. Animal control took the animals and are treating them for dehydration and heat exhaustion.  Shit like this REALLY pisses me off!!! angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Oh my God, those poor animals! Makes me mad too! angry.gif I hope they're okay...

If I ever see an animal locked in a hot car I'm definately calling the cops and reporting it to the store (assuming it's a store lot).

Seeing a child in a locked car would anger me many times more, though. angry.gif Not only would I call the cops but I would have to find a way to get that child some relief, even if it means breaking the window to give him/her some water while waiting for the cops and/or parents. There are certain things I have no tolerance for, and cooking children is one of them.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 21 2011, 06:45 PM)
If I ever see an animal locked in a hot car I'm definately calling the cops and reporting it to the store (assuming it's a store lot).

Seeing a child in a locked car would anger me many times more, though. angry.gif Not only would I call the cops but I would have to find a way to get that child some relief, even if it means breaking the window to give him/her some water while waiting for the cops and/or parents. There are certain things I have no tolerance for, and cooking children is one of them.

This. goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Jul 20 2011, 05:39 AM)
I'm pretty sure it's not a political issue, so it should be able to stay, right?

"Ottawa Police say the investigation into why a one-month old child was left in a locked, hot car for nearly an hour on the weekend by its parents is not closed."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/07/19/cops-s...ot-car-incident

Thankfully, I've never seen it myself. I'm also thankful that, unlike in so many other years, THIS news story doesn't feature the death of some kid or pet.

Seriously, cars can get hot a LOT faster than you think. Open some windows or turn on that AC if you can.

Wow. I hate these situations. There is NO reason to leave a child in a car, especially for one hour alone. WTF!?

I can't believe these parents left their one-month-old alone for one hour. I would love to hear how they justified this.

Edited by Janie

I won't even leave my cats home alone with the A/C off if it gets as hot as it did this week. We aren't supposed to leave any appliances on if no one's home, and I could get in deep s*** if the complex finds out I'm doing it, but I don't care. I'm not letting my cats (both up there in age, one long-haired) roast in the heat.

Growing up in Las Vegas, I saw this done with pets a lot. Any time I did, I called the police immediately and waited for them. Like the rest of you, this makes me so angry I can't see straight. Break windows? F$#k yes I would if necessary.

This makes me feel like....

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/6animated93.gif

and again yesterday at work.. Stupid People.

I'd like to do to him what he did to his dog.

I work parking enforcement at the Albertsons here and yesterday this guy parks his truck in the Handi-cap parking (with sticker) and leaves his big black lab in the back of the pick-up in the hot sun and NO water. After about 25 minutes that dog was frying in that bed so I got a bowl and some water and took it to him, he drank a lot of it, then I soaked his coat, he was happy.

When the fools came out I just watched and it was funny watching him look around trying to figure out how the dog got all wet.. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

You Dumb Ass... yes.gif

Could of done like another guy and leave the dog in the cab with the air conditioner on... yes.gif

living in Dallas I hear of this alot, especially with our 40+ day streak of 100+ degree heat, many days got as hot as 106 to 107. just dumb people i guess.