Where did you meet that TRFer?

JohnnyBlaze

I've met Hatchet Pete. He's a legend.

Met the banned Cozy Toes/NikkiSlikk at a couple of gigs and occasional poster Slim.

I bet Cozy isn't even 10% the bastard that he was on here.

Nick's a good guy.

I don't doubt it. But he was highly successful at being a bastard on here.

I wouldn't doubt it either. All we had to go on was how he treated people here, and regardless of the different monikers he was using that aspect was always consistent. One thing is clear, some of the closest friends I've made from the board started out at odds with me because of their ability to rattle the cage. No one should judge a person based on how they're perceived online.

Yeah, for the most part, I can agree with that. It's also why I first said "...isn't even 10%...". But on the other hand, if someone represents themselves in a certain way, what other conclusion can readers come to?

Agreed. I've never understood how or why if is that people 'present' themselves as a certain kind of personality if that's not really how they are. Just...be who you are. Right? :huh:

Agreed. I'd like to think that I'm no different on this board than I am in real life. I'm sure TX_Rush, WCM, or LiX can confirm that. Well, not LiX. He's a lying bastard. :LOL:

:LOL:

Can finally say I've met some TRFers in real life - ILSnwdog, goose, and workingcinderellaman at the Texas de Brazil in downtown Salt Lake City! Fun guys!

You forgot to mention incredibly intelligent and handsome. ;). :LOL:

Met the banned Cozy Toes/NikkiSlikk at a couple of gigs and occasional poster Slim.

Hatchet Pete? Sounds like he was born to be a TRFer. My kind of guy!

Not if he's the only 'Pete' I've ever known from Message boards, A teacher from NYC, who was banned from CP once or twice after making 'sock-puppets' and rejoining....as for Slim and NikkiSlikk, they're both harmless! They are long standing members at CP and wouldn't be if they were any trouble....trust me!

• Like 1

oh, and even though I've found out about a few TRFers that live close, haven't met any yet. That WILL change after the snow leaves for good! LOL

oh, and even though I've found out about a few TRFers that live close, haven't met any yet. That WILL change after the snow leaves for good! LOL

You have some snow? I'm envious.

I'm looking at having to probably cut my grass again, over the holidays.

Nope, but even though it rained today and we're up in the Forties, I don't like to drive in the winter time....just a bit of my CURMUDGEONLY Persnicketiness! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Geezers/Movies-%20Gran%20Torino%20Curmudgeonality.jpg Edited by OldRUSHfan

Nick's a good guy.

I wouldn't doubt it either. All we had to go on was how he treated people here, and regardless of the different monikers he was using that aspect was always consistent. One thing is clear, some of the closest friends I've made from the board started out at odds with me because of their ability to rattle the cage. No one should judge a person based on how they're perceived online.

Yeah, for the most part, I can agree with that. It's also why I first said "...isn't even 10%...". But on the other hand, if someone represents themselves in a certain way, what other conclusion can readers come to?

Agreed. I've never understood how or why if is that people 'present' themselves as a certain kind of personality if that's not really how they are. Just...be who you are. Right? :huh:

Agreed. I'd like to think that I'm no different on this board than I am in real life.

I can now confirm that ILS is as big an asshole in person as he is online.

;)

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Can finally say I've met some TRFers in real life - ILSnwdog, goose, and workingcinderellaman at the Texas de Brazil in downtown Salt Lake City! Fun guys!

• Like 2

Not if he's the only 'Pete' I've ever known from Message boards, A teacher from NYC, who was banned from CP once or twice after making 'sock-puppets' and rejoining....as for Slim and NikkiSlikk, they're both harmless! They are long standing members at CP and wouldn't be if they were any trouble....trust me!

OldRUSHfan, surely then you must know who our infamous Spaghetti Lee is? I understand he is a CP member.

Nick's a good guy.

Agreed. I'd like to think that I'm no different on this board than I am in real life.

I can mow confirm that ILS is as big an asshole in person as he is online.

;)

Haaaaa!!!

That, sir, is a dog that does not hunt.

• Like 2

Nick's a good guy.

;)

Haaaaa!!!

:LOL: He's a great guy...and a Man of a Million Jokes!
  • Like 3

OldRUSHfan, surely then you must know who our infamous Spaghetti Lee is? I understand he is a CP member.

Possibly, but they haven't posted is quite a while if it isn't under a different name.....

Nick's a good guy.

;)

Haaaaa!!!

:LOL: He's a great guy...and a Man of a Million Jokes!

If we could have stayed in SLC a little longer, you could have heard them all! :LOL:

No, that's Ouchie.

• Like 1

Hatchet Pete is a mad Marillion fan who walks about the streets dressed as a teary jester! :joker:

• Like 1

See, handsome. :LMAO:

11233777_10204987573519752_6454855953851622085_n.jpg?oh=a2c79254323ee1a8a0bc43a7a35d47ac&oe=57085710

• Like 3

11233777_10204987573519752_6454855953851622085_n.jpg?oh=a2c79254323ee1a8a0bc43a7a35d47ac&oe=57085710

Looking good, guys.

What restaurant is that?

And how was the skiing?? :)

No, that's Ouchie.

Yes, but his real first name is Pete! I used to receive phone calls from him......and pics of his son at all the baseball stadiums he went to......

Looking good, guys.

What restaurant is that?

And how was the skiing?? :)

Texas De Brazil in downtown Salt Lake. The skiing was spectacular for December.
  • Like 1

I met one girl off here at a rush show and introduced myself.. she had no interest in chatting at all though and seemed a bit of a princess lol.

I also met pixie at a vancouver show years back which was nice and I remember meeting snowdog2112 and his son at the Edmonton show Rushtour banner pre-show meet up. Met others along the way that are probably on here too I'm sure :)