Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Tony R

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 29 2011, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 27 2011, 08:36 PM)
So I just went to buy it from iTunes, and discovered that the 23 minute "Jazz Odyssey" is not included. Only on the actual CD's.

That bites!

angry.gif

Not sure what you mean. I got it on iTunes and Raider II was definitely included. I think what you're mistaking is where it says "Album Only" means that you cannot buy the song as an individual mp3, you have to buy the entire album in order to get that song.

Usually really long songs are labeled as 'Album Only'. Probably because it seems unfair to pay $1.29 for either a 3 minute song and a 23 minute song.

Thanks!

I count on my daughter for this kind of stuff.

My ability to navigate the cyberworld is limited due to advancing age, combined with neural pathways blocked by hops and bong resin.

laugh.gif

ETA: Could I be any prouder of my little girl?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/Christmas09028.jpg

Edited by Unattractive Truth

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 29 2011, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 29 2011, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 27 2011, 08:36 PM)
So I just went to buy it from iTunes, and discovered that the 23 minute "Jazz Odyssey" is not included. Only on the actual CD's.

That bites!

angry.gif

Not sure what you mean. I got it on iTunes and Raider II was definitely included. I think what you're mistaking is where it says "Album Only" means that you cannot buy the song as an individual mp3, you have to buy the entire album in order to get that song.

Usually really long songs are labeled as 'Album Only'. Probably because it seems unfair to pay $1.29 for either a 3 minute song and a 23 minute song.

Thanks!

I count on my daughter for this kind of stuff.

My ability to navigate the cyberworld is limited due to advancing age, combined with neural pathways blocked by hops and bong resin.

laugh.gif

ETA: Could I be any prouder of my little girl?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/Christmas09028.jpg

Anyone who smiles this big after getting a PT shirt is OK in my book smile.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 30 2011, 06:39 AM)
What is this "Jazz Odyessy" you guys are talking about?

It's the song Raider II. It's something like 24 minutes long, and I guess Steven Wilson has talked about "jazz influence" on it.

I just referred too it as the "Jazz Odyssey" as a nod to Spinal Tap.

wink.gif

I'm travelling for business right now, but I'll definitely download it when I get home.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 30 2011, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 30 2011, 11:47 PM)
My SE arrived today!!!!! It's beautiful.  wub.gif

I haven't listened yet, but I'm anxious to give it a spin ASAP.

So what on Earth are you waiting for?

Hey, man. I'm not gonna just unceremoniously pop it in the old CD player. I've got to get all set up with the right atmosphere to have my first listen. For beginners, I need to get all of the short people in my house to shut the hell up. The first listen will be with the headphones on, I can see that already.

Took my first ever listen to the thing last night and MY GOD IT BLEW ME AWAY....best album of the year for me personally.

My favorite tracks were Grace for Drowning, Sectarian, Postcard, Deform to Form a Star, Remainder the Black Dog, Index, Track One, Raider II, Home In Negative, The Map, and Fluid Tap.....that's like more than half the album....that's how awesome it is.

Oh and the Blu-Ray is spectacular, I haven't watched everything, but from my first impressions, it's amazing, and I wish that whenever SW does Blu-Rays of his albums, it'll be just like the one for Grace For Drowning.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 30 2011, 07:49 PM)
Just minutes into listening, and right away let me say that the production is BRILLIANT!

If you can expect anything from a release SW is involved with, it should be top-knotch production quality

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 30 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 30 2011, 07:49 PM)
Just minutes into listening, and right away let me say that the production is BRILLIANT!

If you can expect anything from a release SW is involved with, it should be top-knotch production quality

Of course! It was just such an amazing WALL of sound to start. Amazing layers of harmonies. Beautiful.

No Part of Me is playing now. It's really freakin' great.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 30 2011, 08:49 PM)

I haven't heard any SW-produced album that doesn't sound great. He's one the best producers out there. I'd love to see him produce a Rush album but the chance of that happening is slim.

Anyone else noticed the similarites between a no-man song called Angel Gets Caught in the Beauty Trap (from the brilliant Flowermouth album), and Steven's own No Part of Me from the new album?

Both songs are great though, this is not a complain at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tWvzYtBD0 NoMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7Q63P2jGQ Steven