Neil Peart News July

Tony R

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 04:54 PM)
those other people are professional writers, no doubt. In Neil's case, it's a "who you know" scenario. I know others who've read his books and say that he rambles. Some of his material is interesting, but the flow is not there. I know in Ghost Rider, you could tell he was running out of time because all of a sudden, he meets Carrie gets married, the end.

looks like opinion to me. I like his writing, and yeah he rambles sometimes about things I have no interest in. I more disagree in what you think can be labeled as a writer. I have very little doubt that if the band did go south he probably might have gone into some field of writing as he is in my opinion very entertaining at times, and beyond prolific as a wordsmith. And beyond that publishing a book is hardly a difficult thing to do on yer own. just takes a lot of time effort and some money. Not to mention there are many types and styles of writers. the depth and quality of it is always up for debate and all, but just seems like you are going out of your way to discredit the guy based on your opinion of his writing. Popular thing around here

It's ok he's just kidding, he's a wannabe DJ practicing his comedy routine...

It's not really funny but it's got a certain charm...I think...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

so much for respectable conversation...

How's the show going?

bekloppt.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 05:13 PM)
those other people are professional writers, no doubt. In Neil's case, it's a "who you know" scenario. I know others who've read his books and say that he rambles. Some of his material is interesting, but the flow is not there. I know in Ghost Rider, you could tell he was running out of time because all of a sudden, he meets Carrie gets married, the end.

looks like opinion to me. I like his writing, and yeah he rambles sometimes about things I have no interest in. I more disagree in what you think can be labeled as a writer. I have very little doubt that if the band did go south he probably might have gone into some field of writing as he is in my opinion very entertaining at times, and beyond prolific as a wordsmith. And beyond that publishing a book is hardly a difficult thing to do on yer own. just takes a lot of time effort and some money. Not to mention there are many types and styles of writers. the depth and quality of it is always up for debate and all, but just seems like you are going out of your way to discredit the guy based on your opinion of his writing. Popular thing around here

wacko.gif laugh.gif

How's the show going?

bekloppt.gif

great, next time I shoot RUSH ill wave to you from the stage if yer there

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:15 PM)

wacko.gif laugh.gif

How's the show going?

bekloppt.gif

Don't get arrested before you make it to the stage, use a concealed .32...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 05:18 PM)

wacko.gif laugh.gif

How's the show going?

bekloppt.gif

wink.gif

user posted image

"dont be such a dick"

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 05:18 PM)

wacko.gif laugh.gif

How's the show going?

bekloppt.gif

wink.gif

user posted image

"dont be such a dick"

Dream on Stevie baby, dream of Peart with a Pulitzer...

tongue.gif

user posted image

Alex: that was lame

Ged: yeah i guess he ran out of dick

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2011, 09:09 PM)
This is what I find off-putting about his remarks the last few years and ironically he's being just as bigoted and intolerant as those faith filled buffoons he considers bigoted and intolerant.

He's seemingly charming and witty in recent interviews until the mere mention of faith comes up. Case in point is the interview with George S. where he mentions that he considers a truck driver having a religious message on his rig as an "assault".

Now, c'mon. How much of an over-sensitive puss do you have to be to take that stance? If he wasn't so serious it would be laughable.

Bingo.

Apparently the super genius isn't smart enough to realize the irony.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2011, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:06 PM)
Peart is not a writer, he's a drummer who got a publishing contract because he's in a semi-famous band and the money grubbing publishers know full well his fan base will guarantee a fair amount of sales.

Let's be real for a sec.

If Peart still worked on the farm he'd not be having anything published except his tax forms.

This is the truth, don't hate me because I dare to speak it.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

but with almost 40 years of publishing under his belt I respectfully disagree

40 years of publishing lyrics for his Semi-Famous band . Sorry, no record deal , no books , just a farm hand

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Nice try? Those are facts. Who the hell would publish his books if he was not in rush?

DUDE! You have NO clue what you're talking about!!

Farmhand...RIGHT!!

If I'm not mistaken, he'd be selling tractor parts. Duuuuhuuuuh!! tongue.gif

user posted image

[filly mignon]

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 18 2011, 06:00 PM)
Peart is not a writer, he's a drummer who got a publishing contract because he's in a semi-famous band and the money grubbing publishers know full well his fan base will guarantee a fair amount of sales.

Let's be real for a sec.

If Peart still worked on the farm he'd not be having anything published except his tax forms.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

40 years of publishing lyrics for his Semi-Famous band . Sorry, no record deal , no books , just a farm hand

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Nice try? Those are facts. Who the hell would publish his books if he was not in rush?

Farmhand...RIGHT!!

user posted image

[filly mignon]

DUDE neither do you

With all the hate for Neil and Geddy in this fine thread, why no hate for Alex? wtf.gif

I'll start the ball rolling:

1. He has fat worm/sausage fingers.

2. I think he's going bald.

3. He says "WHY-WHY-ZED" instead of the correct Amer'can pronnounciation "WHY-WHY-ZEE."

4. He should go back to playing PRS instead of those overpriced Gibson pieces-of-sh*t he endorses.

5. He doesn't go out and mingle with the audience before the shows like Warren Haynes does.

6. He needs to learn to resist Neil's mind control and all his attempts to gently dominate the direction of the band. ph34r.gif

C'mon, TRF?!? wtf.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 06:08 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Farmhand...RIGHT!!

user posted image

[filly mignon]

DUDE neither do you

I dunno...I got my money on: NeilFinal.gif - user posted image = http://www.bebece.com/public/png/aha-soft-standard-transport-wheeled-tractor-48.png

Plus, I think he said he was likely going back to his dads parts store when they thought Rush was sunk after the CoS 'down the tubes' tour.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 18 2011, 06:13 PM)
With all the hate for Neil and Geddy in this fine thread, why no hate for Alex? wtf.gif

I'll start the ball rolling:

1.  He has fat worm/sausage fingers.
2.  I think he's going bald.
3.  He says "WHY-WHY-ZED" instead of the correct Amer'can pronnounciation "WHY-WHY-ZEE."
4.  He should go back to playing PRS instead of those overpriced Gibson pieces-of-sh*t he endorses. 
5.  He doesn't go out and mingle with the audience before the shows like Warren Haynes does. 
6.  He needs to learn to resist Neil's mind control and all his attempts to gently dominate the direction of the band.  ph34r.gif

C'mon, TRF?!? wtf.gif

Maybe 'cause he's not a hate mongering douche castigating large swathes of his audience and he also doesn't scream obscenities at his fans destroying the minds of young children in the arena.

Alex just sits back and RAWKS!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 18 2011, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 06:08 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Farmhand...RIGHT!!

user posted image

[filly mignon]

DUDE neither do you

I dunno...I got my money on: NeilFinal.gif - user posted image = http://www.bebece.com/public/png/aha-soft-standard-transport-wheeled-tractor-48.png

Plus, I think he said he was likely going back to his dads parts store when they thought Rush was sunk after the CoS 'down the tubes' tour.

i think its a lil naive to think thats all he was capable of beyond his early 20's. Then again I guess I have a little more respect for the man and his talents. pretty clear a lot of people here don't think too highly of him as an intellectual.

oh shit I responded respectfully again...

as for Alex im pretty sure he got arrested defending his son from bouncers at a club. Tough guy tho, they broke his nose i think and it still took quite a few bouncers and cops to get him down

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1420450/posts

I'm reserving judgement on Geddy swearing until I see how it trends into the next (few) tour(s). If it increases to an every-show, every-sentence type of deal, knowing kids are in the audience, yeah, I'd get turned off. But once, at the end of the very last show in a tour where the fans were going nuts, I can totally understand, given that he's sworn before in very emotional moments (and usually not much otherwise).

I was just saying to my boyfriend that, if I'd had a (young) kid at the Gorge with me, I'd have turned to him or her and said, "Now you know you should only say what Geddy just did only if you hurt yourself really badly or about the best thing in your life has happened to you, right?" and smiled. Given that what Geddy said it about was one of the best things that had happened in his career, I wouldn't see what I said as hypocritical. I'm sure my children, if I had any, would have heard me say the same thing on those occasions blush4.gif

So much jealousy! The Neil haters are just jealous.

That's what I think and I will not be swayed. Ever. Because what I think is the way it is. Always. So don't even question it.

Really f#%king annoying, isn't it? Looking in a mirror often is.

Michael has one of those wimpy handshakes. Ironically, when he came to RushCon he made a lot of gay jokes during his speech. It was so annoying.

Wow, Neil's updates always bring out the hate but this time it's off the charts. confused13.gif Congrats, TRF, this place is becoming more like Counterparts every day. sad.gif

I can only imagine the reaction if Rush ever behaved like some other bands, say throwing a bandmember under the bus like Yes and Jon Anderson. confused13.gif