Neil Peart News July

Tony R

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:06 PM)
Peart is not a writer, he's a drummer who got a publishing contract because he's in a semi-famous band and the money grubbing publishers know full well his fan base will guarantee a fair amount of sales.

Let's be real for a sec.

If Peart still worked on the farm he'd not be having anything published except his tax forms.

This is the truth, don't hate me because I dare to speak it.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

but with almost 40 years of publishing under his belt I respectfully disagree

You're deluded if you think he'd have been published if he hadn't been in RUSH...

trink38.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:16 PM)
Peart is not a writer, he's a drummer who got a publishing contract because he's in a semi-famous band and the money grubbing publishers know full well his fan base will guarantee a fair amount of sales.

Let's be real for a sec.

If Peart still worked on the farm he'd not be having anything published except his tax forms.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

You're deluded if you think he'd have been published if he hadn't been in RUSH...

trink38.gif

I dont think you can actually say that. I will certainly agree it made him a lot easier to get books out because of RUSH. but the guy has been writing his whole life. his writing has been published since 1975. anfd if the band flopped, you really think that guy wouldnt have written anything beyond it? you can split the hairs on what kind of writer he may be all ya want but, still makes a living playing drums, writing lyrics, writing books.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:22 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

I dont think you can actually say that. I will certainly agree it made him a lot easier to get books out because of RUSH. but the guy has been writing his whole life. his writing has been published since 1975. anfd if the band flopped, you really think that guy wouldnt have written anything beyond it? you can split the hairs on what kind of writer he may be all ya want but, still makes a living playing drums, writing lyrics, writing books.

What book did he publish in 1975?

Don't tell me you count RUSH lyrics...

That would put him on a par in the literary stakes with Lemmy...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:26 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

again, still a writer. get publishing royalties and all just like Lemmy does. Again, you can make yer arguments on what kind of writer. but i dont think its fair comparing his lyrical content to lemmys anyway. big literall difference. and you really dont think that guy would have published anything if the band went south after Caress? The guy was born to be a writer.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:31 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

again, still a writer. get publishing royalties and all just like Lemmy does. Again, you can make yer arguments on what kind of writer. but i dont think its fair comparing his lyrical content to lemmys anyway. big literall difference. and you really dont think that guy would have published anything if the band went south after Caress? The guy was born to be a writer.

shit I was an earning writer for years, but i never published a book. does that make me not a writer? I think you just want to piss on him today or something

Edited by ucsteve667

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

You just keep convincing yourself pal but you're nothing but a deluded fanboy if you really believe what you're typing, which I doubt...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:40 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

You just keep convincing yourself pal but you're nothing but a deluded fanboy if you really believe what you're typing, which I doubt...

laugh.gif

I know longer respectfully disagree, yer just bein a dick

hey maybe you can use deluded again...

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 03:40 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I know longer respectfully disagree, yer just bein a dick

hey maybe you can use deluded again...

You're funny...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If a man in his mid 50's wants to say Fu*k , let him . Some of you need to get off your high f-n horse

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

goodpost.gif

Boy, this thread has been all over the place.

For the record, I don't care if Geddy cussed. It is a rock concert and this kind of thing is always a possibility. I'd be more worried about the drunk who may be sharing a seat nearby my child than if Geddy said f-uck. Of course, if I had children, I would NOT take them to a rock concert until they were teens.

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

40 years of publishing lyrics for his Semi-Famous band . Sorry, no record deal , no books , just a farm hand

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2011, 04:25 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

40 years of publishing lyrics for his Semi-Famous band . Sorry, no record deal , no books , just a farm hand

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 04:37 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Nice try? Those are facts. Who the hell would publish his books if he was not in rush?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 04:37 PM)

Let's be real for a sec.

That is all.

cool.gif

thats your truth...

nice try

semi famous is yer tell

Nice try? Those are facts. Who the hell would publish his books if he was not in rush?

gee I wonder how all these other books came out from people not in RUSH

those other people are professional writers, no doubt. In Neil's case, it's a "who you know" scenario. I know others who've read his books and say that he rambles. Some of his material is interesting, but the flow is not there. I know in Ghost Rider, you could tell he was running out of time because all of a sudden, he meets Carrie gets married, the end.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 04:54 PM)
those other people are professional writers, no doubt. In Neil's case, it's a "who you know" scenario. I know others who've read his books and say that he rambles. Some of his material is interesting, but the flow is not there. I know in Ghost Rider, you could tell he was running out of time because all of a sudden, he meets Carrie gets married, the end.

looks like opinion to me. I like his writing, and yeah he rambles sometimes about things I have no interest in. I more disagree in what you think can be labeled as a writer. I have very little doubt that if the band did go south he probably might have gone into some field of writing as he is in my opinion very entertaining at times, and beyond prolific as a wordsmith. And beyond that publishing a book is hardly a difficult thing to do on yer own. just takes a lot of time effort and some money. Not to mention there are many types and styles of writers. the depth and quality of it is always up for debate and all, but just seems like you are going out of your way to discredit the guy based on your opinion of his writing. Popular thing around here

As for Ghost Rider I have no problem, the book was not so much about the destination, as the journey(the cliche fit best). not to mention it was his 1st book if Im correct so I give a lil latitude on it. as for lyrics, I think 40 years of them not sounding like Kiss lyrics is worth something

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:01 PM)

looks like opinion to me. I like his writing, and yeah he rambles sometimes about things I have no interest in. I more disagree in what you think can be labeled as a writer. I have very little doubt that if the band did go south he probably might have gone into some field of writing as he is in my opinion very entertaining at times, and beyond prolific as a wordsmith. And beyond that publishing a book is hardly a difficult thing to do on yer own. just takes a lot of time effort and some money. Not to mention there are many types and styles of writers. the depth and quality of it is always up for debate and all, but just seems like you are going out of your way to discredit the guy based on your opinion of his writing. Popular thing around here

It's ok he's just kidding, he's a wannabe DJ practicing his comedy routine...

It's not really funny but it's got a certain charm...I think...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

I agree with others. It sells because he's a name. Has nothing to do with being a skilled writer. He can write lyrics, but that's where it ends.

I wonder how many nonRush fans have bought his books?

Rush fans buy it because he's in Rush, therefore it must be golden.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 05:07 PM)
I agree with others. It sells because he's a name. Has nothing to do with being a skilled writer. He can write lyrics, but that's where it ends.

I wonder how many nonRush fans have bought his books?

Rush fans buy it because he's in Rush, therefore it must be golden.

yes.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2011, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 05:01 PM)

It's ok he's just kidding, he's a wannabe DJ practicing his comedy routine...

It's not really funny but it's got a certain charm...I think...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

so much for respectable conversation...